Aurangabad Tours and Excursions
- Price from:
- 4444 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 12/03/2007
To scholars and lovers of art and culture Aurangabad is more familiar as the gateway to the ancient caves of Ajanta and Ellora, both famous as treasure houses of Indian Art and Sculpture...
Arrival Aurangabad & check in at your retreat.Post breakfast excursion to Ellora caves.
Impresssive in their own right are the rock -hewn temples and monastries of Ellora that lie just 30 kms. away from Aurangabad city. In all, there are 34 cave temples, 12 Mahayana Buddhist caves (550-750 A.D.), 17 Hindu caves ( 600-875 A.D.) and 5 caves of the Jain faith (800-1000 A.D.) 22 more caves, dedicated to Lord Shiva, were recently discovered. Kailas Temple (cave16), the central attraction at Ellora, is the most remarkable. Chiselled by hand from a single massive rock, it includes a gateway, pavilion, courtyard, vestibule, sanctum, sanctorum and tower which bear testimony to the excellence of Dravidian art. It is believed to have taken 7000 labourers, working in continous shifts and 150 years to build. Ever since the first European visitors in 18th Century, Ellora has attracted chroniclers, antiquarians, scholars and in more recent years, ever- increasing number of tourists.
Dinner & overnight at Aurangabad.
Aurangabad:Hald day tour of Ajanta Caves post breakfast.
Nestling in an inner fold of the Sahyardi hills, 100 kms. from Aurangabad in the shape of a mammoth horse- shoe, are the 30 rock-hewn caves of Ajanta, dating from the 2nd century B.C.
Discovered in 1819, by a group of British army officers, these startling achievements took around 600 years to create. Carved with little more than a hammer and chisel, Ajanta, once the retreat of Biddhist monastic orders features several 'chaityas' (chapels) and 'viharas' (monastries). The exquisite wall and ceiling paintings, panels and sculptures of Buddha's life are famous throughout the world as the earliest and finest examples of Buddhist pictorial art.
Later visit The Bibi Ka Maqbara.A replica of the Taj Mahal, the Bibi - Ka - Maqbara is the only example of Moghul architecture of its kinds in the Deccan plateau. A mausoleum that was built in 1679 by Emperor Aurangazeb's son, in tribute to his mother , Begum Rabia Durani.
It is the finest Mughal monument in the south and is called the Taj of the Deccan for its close resemblance to the Taj Mahal of Agra.
In a museum near by are preserved several articles of daily utility belonging to the royal couple's simple way of life.
Dinner & overnight at Aurangabad.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation with breakfast ,dinner & taxes at your resort with all sightseeings as described by a private vehicle
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Auangabad
- Ajanta Ellora Tour - from 1000 INR
Email the tour operator - Aurangabad Tours and Excursions
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.