- Price from:
- 2400 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/24/2007
This fascinating tour takes you through the revered city of Amritsar, all with its magnifiecient sites like The Golden Temple,The Jalianwallah Bagh & The Wahag border.
Day 01 : Arrival Amritsar : Arrive & check in at your downtown hotel at Amritsar. Post breakfast commence your city tour with The Golden Temple.Amritsar was built around the Golden Temple and the Amrit Sarovar lake, from which it derives its name. The Golden Temple sits on a rectangular platform in the centre of the Amrit Sarovar. It is surrounded by a white marble corridor, which is encircled by pilgrims visiting the shrine.
The temple building is three storeys high. The lower storey is in white marble, while the two upper storeys have gold plating. The building is crowned with a dome shaped like an inverted lotus. With the first light of dawn, the reflection of the temple in the tank gives an ethereal atmosphere to the complex. As the sun shifts, the temple presents myriad views, each magnificent and captivating. The Adi Granth, compiled by Guru Arjan Dev, rests on a throne beneath a jewel-encrusted canopy. Priests conduct continuous recitation of verses from the holy book in 3-hour shifts. The Akal Takht, next to the Golden Temple, is the seat of the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee, the religious governing body of the Sikhs.Jubi tree, at the northwestern corner of the complex was planted some 450 year ago by the temple's first head priest. The old, gnarled tree is believed to have special powers and childless women tie strips of cloth on it to be blessed with sons. Marriage deals are also fixed under the tree, though this practice is disapproved by the temple authorities.
Later visit The Jallianwala Bagh, about 400 metres north of the Golden Temple, is a small stretch of plain ground now converted into a park.
Post lunch is time for relaxation.
Later in the evening drive about 28 kms from Amritsar is the border station of Atari and the Wagah checkpost between India and Pakistan. This is the only overland opening between the two countries, which continue to have hostile relations ever since independence in 1947. The checkpost has now become a popular site for tourists, who come to see the change of guards and retreat of troops at sundown. The drill, choreographed with aggressive posturing and sabre-rattling, draws loud cheers from spectators on both sides.
Dinner & overnight at Amritsar.
Day 02 : Deaprture Amritsar: Visit the Golden temple early morning to see the procession & the temple ambience in a different hue. Post breakfast depart for onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation with breakfast, dinner & all taxes & all excursions as per itinerary with a private vehicle & guide.
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not specified as above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Amritsar
- Kashmir Heaven on Earth - 10 days from 14588 INR
- Amritsar Local Sight Seeing - 2 days from 2300 INR
- 2 D 1 N Amritsar Package - 2 days from 1375 INR
- 4D 3N Amritsar Dharamsala Tour Package - 4 days from 3800 INR
- Amritsar & Dalhousie & Dharamsala & Manali & Kullu &... - 11 days from 12888 INR
Email the tour operator - Amritsar Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.