Almora Sightseeing Tour
- Price from:
- 4444 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/17/2007
Almora, a quaint little hill town in Kumaon Hills still retains elements of its past as a popular summer getaway because of its towering mountain scapes,picturebook villages,vibrant temples......
Arrival Almora & check in at your mountain resort. Post breakfast commence sightseeing tour with a walk past the mall road.The Mall of Almora is the hub of administrative activity. Parallel to the Mall is the market area, which is only open to pedestrian traffic. It has a distinctive hill station character with traditional carved wooden facades on buildings and shops at ground level.Above the Mall is the main temple complex with shrines dedicated to Nanda Devi and Lord Shiva. The temple of Nanda Devi, presiding deity of Almora and named after the region's highest peak, is built in the typical Kumaoni style of stone temple architecture. The stone amalaka or crown is encircled by a wooden roof, and the stone walls have intricately carved images.Later visit The Govind Vallabh Pant Public Museum, a repository of Kumaoni art, culture and history. There are displays of archaeological finds from the Katyur and Chand periods. In addition, the museum exhibits a collection of apen or folk paintings.Post lunch after a rest visit Bright End Corner, a hilltop site 2.5 kms from Almora, has a magnificent view of the valleys and soaring peaks of Kumaon. It is also a good place to catch the sunrise and sunset that transform the surrounding landscape into a myriad hued spectacle of gold, green and red. Dinner & overnight at Almora.
Almora : Commence sightseeing post breakfast.Start with the hilltop shrine of Kasara Devi (goddess Durga), where Swami Vivekananda sat in meditation. Close by is a library in the Ramakrishna (Vivekananda's guru) Kutir, which has a collection of books on religious philosophy. A Deer Park has been created amongst towering pine trees about 3 kms from town. With a collection of some deer species, leopards and the Himalayan black bear, the park is a good place for a walk, though the wildlife is not too exciting. Another quick getaway in the forested hills is Simtola, about 3 kms from Almora. 8 kms from Almora is the Chetai temple, nestling amidst fir and pine forests. A temple highly revered by the local people, its setting is what makes it interesting to visit. Evening is at lesiure. Dinner & overnight at Almora.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at a premium mountain resort with all taxes , breakfast & dinner & all sightseeings as per itinerary by a private vehicle
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Almora
- Hiking Tour Through Sequestered Himalayas - 15 days from 950 USD
- Adventure Trek Himalayas a package from Resort Sequester - 15 days from 650 USD
Email the tour operator - Almora Sightseeing Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.