Agra Bharatpur Tour
- Price from:
- 3333 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/19/2007
This fascinating tour takes you through the architectural wonders of Agra such as The Taj Mahal, Sikandra, Red Fort, Itmad Ud Daulah & Fatehpur Sikri & the bird sanctuary of Bharatpur for bird viewing
Day 01 : Arrival Agra:Transfer from the railway station / airport to your hotel in Agra.Check -in.Post breakfast drive to Agra & check in to your hotel.
Gear up for your tour of The Taj Mahal.Emperor Shah Jahan built this white marble mausoleum for his queen Arjumand Bano Begum or Mumtaz Mahal. Precious stones like jade, crystal, turquoise, lapis lazuli, sapphire, jade, coral and diamonds were brought from far-flung places in Tibet, China, Sri Lanka, Persia and Afghanistan. It is believed that a fleet of 1000 elephants was used to transport the material.
Later visit The Agra Fort.Akbar,the greatest empire-builder of the Mughals,commissioned the Agra Fort in 1565.Shah Jehan's son Aurangzeb, who was in constant conflict with local chieftains and neighbouring principalities, added the outer ramparts.The Diwan-I-Am or the Hall of audience is a pillared hall whose centrepiece is the throne alcove. This marble structure was inlaid with precious stones in floral motifs, and was built to house the Peacock Throne. The exquisitely crafted throne was taken to Delhi by Shah Jahan and was looted by Nadir Shah and carried away to Persia. The Diwan-I-Khas, where the emperor held audience with visiting dignitaries, was built in 1635. It had two thrones on the terrace, one in white marble and one in black slate. Emperor Shah Jahan is believed to have used the marble throne for repose, and the slate throne to watch elephant fights in the courtyard.
Post lunch visit the Itmad-Ud-Daulah.Popularly known as baby Taj', this is the tomb of Mirza Ghiyath Begh, who was wazir or Chief Minister in Emperor Jahangir's court.
Evening visit the Taj Mahal during sunset to see it in a different hue.
Later time at leisure to explore the colourful bazaars of Agra for marble & leather work & souvenir shopping. Dinner & overnight at Agra.
Day 02 : Agra : Early morning visit The Taj Mahal, to see it in its pristine form just as the rising sunrays hit the glorious monument & brings out different colours from various angles.
Post breakfast tour of Fatehpur Sikri,37 kms from Agra . Legend has it that Akbar, who had no son, went to the Sufi saint Sheikh Salim Chishti to seek his blessings. Soon enough, prince Jahangir was born to his Hindu wife Jodha Bai. As an expression of gratitude, Akbar shifted his capital to the new city which was build between 1569 and 1585. The city sits on a rocky ridge, with the village Sikri at its foot. The location of Fatehpur Sikri was also appropriate for discussions and deliberations that the Emperor had with religious leaders, statesmen, writers and philosophers.
Post lunch visit Akbar's mausoleum at Sikandra, 10 kms from Agra. The construction of the mausoleum was begun by Akbar himself, and completed in 1613 by his son Jahangir. In a way, it is a synthesis of the bold masculine red sandstone structures built by Akbar and the delicately crafted white marble buildings of Jahangir and Shah Jahan.
Later visit The Jama Masjid was built by Shah Jahan and dedicated to his favourite daughter Jahanara Begum. It is surrounded by the crowded bazaar, which is interesting to wander through on foot.
Evening is at leisure to spend time shopping or treating oneself to an authentic Mughlai Dinner.Overnight at Agra.
Day 03:Agra-Bharatpur:Drive to Bharatpur post breakfast. Arrive Bharatpur & check into your eco lodge. Afternoon visit the bird sanctuary in cycle rickshaws accompanied with your naturalists. Some 377 species can be spotted at Bharatpur Sanctuary, making it one of the most inviting destinations in the world for ornithologists, amateurs and nature lovers. One-third of birds at Bharatpur are migrants, many of whom spend their winters before returning to their breeding grounds in the Arctic and Central Asia. Best time to visit the sanctuary is between October and February when many migratory birds can be seen, including the endangered Siberian Crane. Tourists can enjoy to see the Saras Cranes (the largest bird) and several other species of cranes- egrets, darters, herons, storks, geese, ducks, eagles, hawks, shanks, stints, wagtails, wheatears, flycatchers, buntings, larks, spoonbills, kingfishers, owls and pipits, who have made Bharatpur their temporary abode. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 :Departure Bharatpur : At dawn, take a boat ride in the lake. This is perhaps the most enchanting way to view bird life from up close.Post breakfast depart for your onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation & all meals at premium hotels, all taxes , all excursions as described in the itinerary with private vehicle & guides/ naturalists,all extrances to monuments / parks.
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not mentioned above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Agra
- Taj Mahal The symbol of Love - from 85 USD
- Taj Mahal Historical Tour - from 85 USD
- Agra Half Day Tour Package - from 2200 INR
- Agra Full Day Tour Package - from 3000 INR
- TajMahal - from 250 USD
- Wonders of the World - 3 days from 152 GBP
- Varanasi By Train - 6 days from 123 GBP
- Overland to Varanasi - 6 days from 472 GBP
- Cultural Golden Triangle India - 6 days from 10100 INR
- Visit Taj with Delhi Jaipur - 7 days from 600 USD
- Golden Triangle Covering Tajmahal the Evidence Of True Love - 7 days from 14199 INR
- Agra Jaipur Tour - 5 days from 11111 INR
- Agra Tour - 3 days from 2222 INR
- Taj Mahal With Rajasthan Tour - 19 days from 1425 USD
- Taj Mahal Tour - 2 days from 3200 INR
- Taj Mahal Tour Special Agra - 3 days from 5000 INR
- Magical Golden Triangle Tour Agra - 6 days from 13000 INR
- Rajasthan Treasure Tour Agra - 7 days from 16000 INR
- Rajasthan Kings Tour - 9 days from 19000 INR
- Rajasthan Package Tour - 12 days from 28000 INR
- Rajasthan Travel Tour - 14 days from 31000 INR
- Luxury Palace on Wheel Tour - 10 days from 2525 USD
- North India with Taj Mahal - 10 days from 350 USD
Email the tour operator - Agra Bharatpur Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.