Wine Soaked Odyssey
- Wine Tasting
- Price from:
- 420 EUR /person
- +99599 585656
- +99532 791920
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Hotel Georgian House, Tbilisi
- Location Finish:
- Hotel Georgian House, Tbilisi
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 09.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Polish, Russian, German, Italian, French, English
Last updated: 07/17/2008
There is no other country where local wines are in such harmony with the national cuisine; take part in feasting with Tamada tradition, polyphonic folk songs and dances.
Tbilisi Capital Tour: open-air ethnography museum, museum of history and archaeology, wine factory. City of Mtskheta: historic and architectural complex of Jvari, Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Samtavro Convent. Evening: Georgian feast with tasting of home-made wines and Chacha, Tamada competition, national songs, dances, street-organ music and a variety of entertainments.
Kakheti, the wine region: museum in Tsinandali, wine cellar with assortment of wines, Ikalto Academy, monastery complex of Alaverdi, on the way sightseeing of the slopes of the Caucasus, fortified citadel of Gremi, monastery complex of Nekresi. Evening: Kakhuri feasting. Night in Kakheti.
Village Vazisubani (wine district): visiting a peasant family, tasting of chacha and home-made wine. Tour to the wine factory; sightseeing in the fortified town of Sighnaghi; historic and architectural complex David-Gareji. Departure to Tbilisi.
Western Georgia: trip to Kutaisi; on the way cultural excursion to the antique town of Uplistsikhe cut in the solid rock. Cultural excursions in Kutaisi historical and architectural complex of Gelati, Bagrati Temple, Motsameta monastery (7th c.), Imeruli style feast in the evening. Overnight in Kutaisi.
Adjara region: City of Batumi. Sightseeing and cultural excursion to Museum of History and Architecture, Gonio Fortress; Adjaruli festive table. Departure to Tbilisi.
Leisure time in the capital: a stroll in the multinational Abanotubani (sulphur baths district), visits to wine cellars and Bazars. Evening: exotic supper in restaurant Tamada: distillation and tasting of Chacha, traditional bread backing, hot bread from thone-stove, experiencing dipping techniques of Churchkhela-making, tasting the Samovar-tea, Saperavi wine, etc.
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
- Air tickets
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tbilisi
- Azerbaijan Georgia Armenia - 12 days from 800 EUR
- Mountain Bike Tour - 8 days from 450 EUR
- Biking and Trekking to Georgia - 8 days from 420 USD
- Tour in 3 Caucasus Countries: Georgia & Armenia & Azerbaijan - 14 days from 980 EUR
- Love City And Christmas - 3 days from 200 EUR
- Fascinating Georgia - 14 days from 1500 EUR
- Tour in Caucasus - 13 days from 450 USD
- Klimbing Tour - 7 days from 295 EUR
- Tour in Svaneti - 5 days from 300 USD
- Discover Svaneti - 5 days from 500 EUR
- Wine Tour in Kakheti - 5 days from 150 USD
- 5 Day Cultural Tour - 5 days from 245 EUR
- Georgia Classic Tour - 8 days from 255 EUR
- The Spirit Of The Caucasus - 13 days from 2570 EUR
- Archeological Tour The Origins Of The First European 6 Days - 6 days from 1100 EUR
- Jeep Exploration of Caucasus - 8 days from 595 EUR
- The Truth Is In Wine - 8 days from 475 EUR
- Cultural Tour in Georgia - 9 days from 900 USD
- Wine Tour - 7 days from 500 EUR
- The Truth Is In Wine - 8 days from 545 USD
- Unforgettable Georgia - 10 days from 870 USD
Email the tour operator - Wine Soaked Odyssey
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.