- Price from:
- 870 USD /person
- +995 93 937 751
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Russian, German, Italian, French, English, Japanese
Last updated: 01/08/2007
Among our visitors this tour is one of the requested and favourite itinerary. After acquaintance of multi-ethnic, cosmopolitan city Tbilisi and ancient capital of eastern Georgia, an important cultura
Arrival in Tbilisi.
Tbilisi-Multi-ethnic city, with cosmopolitan traditions. Classical city tour. Visit the State Museum of Georgia (reconstructs the history of Georgia from Palaeolithic times up to our days.), the Georgian Museum of Arts (unique collection of Georgian art, ancient icons, cloisonné enamel works, chased icons and etc.). Old city sightseeing. Leisure time.
Tbilisi-Mtskheta-Kazbegi. Drive to Mtskheta ancient capital of eastern Georgia, which was also an important cultural, religious and trading center. Places to visit Jvari monastery (6th-7th cc), masterpiece of the early Medieval Period. Svetitskhoveli cathedral (11th c.) One of the sacred places of Georgia. The robe of Jesus Christ is buried within the cathedral. Drive to Kazbegi, center of the Khevi province, En route visit Ananuri fortress (16th-17th c.) the complex comprises fortification, cult and civic buildings. Visit Gergeti Trinity church (14th c.). The picturesque panorama opens from the site-Kazbegi Mount, with the permanent snow cap and the long ceased volcano.
Kazbegi-Gori-Kutaisi. Drive to Kutaisi, one of the oldest cities in the world, centre of western Georgia. En route visit Uplistsikhe ("Fortress of God" 1st millennium B.C.)- complex of rock-cut halls, caves, altars, passages and street, and includes the most ancient theatre in Georgia.
Kutaisi-Vani-Tbilisi. Kutaisi sightseeing. The plot of the ancient epic by Apollonius of Rhodos is associated with the city - this concerns the legendary town of Colchis, to which the Argonauts sailed in search of the Golden Fleece. Visit Bagrati (10th-11th cc.), marvelous example of the domed-church architecture of the high Medieval period, Gelati monastery (12th c.) the complex comprises a monastery, academy and church, Vani, town of Antiquity ( 6th - 1st cc. B.C.) . One of the main towns of Colchis stood here, and Silk Way passed through the region. Return to Tbilisi.
Tbilisi-Davit-Gareji-Telavi. Driving to amazing country of abundance and hospitality Kakheti, En route visit to David-Gareja monastery (6th c.) in deserted area. The complex comprises a dozen cave monasteries , which were cut out of the rock over the centuries. Visit town Signagi Accommodation in private house.
Telavi-Tbilisi. Telavi sightseeing. Visit Historical-Ethnographical museum of Art Gallery, Alaverdi monastery (11th c.), Ikalto Academy (12th c.) the largest center of education in medieval Georgia. Tsinandali beautiful English park, old wine cellars (19th c). Georgian wines tasting. Return to Tbilisi.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tbilisi
- Azerbaijan Georgia Armenia - 12 days from 800 EUR
- Mountain Bike Tour - 8 days from 450 EUR
- Biking and Trekking to Georgia - 8 days from 420 USD
- Tour in 3 Caucasus Countries: Georgia & Armenia & Azerbaijan - 14 days from 980 EUR
- Love City And Christmas - 3 days from 200 EUR
- Fascinating Georgia - 14 days from 1500 EUR
- Tour in Caucasus - 13 days from 450 USD
- Klimbing Tour - 7 days from 295 EUR
- Tour in Svaneti - 5 days from 300 USD
- Discover Svaneti - 5 days from 500 EUR
- Wine Tour in Kakheti - 5 days from 150 USD
- 5 Day Cultural Tour - 5 days from 245 EUR
- Georgia Classic Tour - 8 days from 255 EUR
- Wine Soaked Odyssey - 6 days from 420 EUR
- The Spirit Of The Caucasus - 13 days from 2570 EUR
- Archeological Tour The Origins Of The First European 6 Days - 6 days from 1100 EUR
- Jeep Exploration of Caucasus - 8 days from 595 EUR
- The Truth Is In Wine - 8 days from 475 EUR
- Cultural Tour in Georgia - 9 days from 900 USD
- Wine Tour - 7 days from 500 EUR
- The Truth Is In Wine - 8 days from 545 USD
Email the tour operator - Unforgettable Georgia
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.