Shanghai Back to the Future
- Price from:
- 140 GBP /person
- 01273 322048
- 01273 732 791
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 03/12/2009
Visit the cosmopolotan cocktail that is Shanghai, where East meets West and just beyond the broad modern avenues, small streets seem to create paths to centuries past.
Arrival in Shanghai On arrival in Shanghai one of our representatives will be waiting for you in the arrival hall to take your pretty colonial hotel, only a stones throw distance from the Bund, the famous Shanghai boulevard.
In the evening you are likely to be drawn to this river boulevard. There is bar/restaurant terrace near your hotel with a spectacular view of the Bund (which is illuminated until 23:00) and the Pudong skyline.
ShanghaiWalking past the large classic colonial buildings you'll get an impression of 18th and 19th century China. In those days Shanghai traded with the French, Portuguese and Dutch free harbours (concessions), but trade was bound to very strict rules.
These days there are few rules and trade is booming. International fashion stores and yuppie bars are found side by side in beautifully renovated buildings, such as the infamous Peace hotel. Across from the Bund, Pudong's skyscrapers shoot into the sky. This is Shanghai's Manhattan, where buildings shoot into the sky in a fury of building rage. The motto here is: "To become rich is glorious". The old Chinese street lanterns in the Bund now compete in the unfair struggle against the small bundled laser lights coming from Pudong's business district.
Take the psychedelic Bund Tourist tunnel (approx. 30 RMB) to Pudong and you can admire the Bund from the other side of the river. You can take a cheaper ferry ride back after you're done sight-seeing.
Departure from ShanghaiYou'll need at least two days to truly experience this unforgettable city (an extra night stay is always possible). Depending on your travel plans, you'll either check out and fly back to the UK or continue on to your next Chinese destination. If you take an international flight to or from Shanghai, you'll depart from Pudong Airport. Transportation from Shanghai to Pudong Airport is quite extraordinary; take the fastest train in the world, the German Maglev (a magnetic high-speed miracle racing an amazing 400km per hour). You can take a taxi from your hotel and you'll be at the train station in 15 minutes (or vice versa).
- Inclusions -
- Transfer Hongqiao domestic airport - hotel and 2 nights in the centre of Shanghai
- Extras -
- There is a small surcharge if arriving at Pudong Inernational airport
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Shanghai
- Experience Fabulous City 1 Day Highlight Tour of Shanghai - from 51 EUR
- Shanghai Private One Day Cultural Tour - from 110 USD
- Shanghai Private One Day Highlight City Tour - from 100 USD
Email the tour operator - Shanghai Back to the Future
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.