Yangtze Cruise and Wuhan Glimpse 6 days
- Price from:
- 580 USD /person
- +86 773 5854000
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/12/2007
Yangtze River Cruise is the most superb cruise in China also in Asia. We specialize in providing Yangtze Cruise with the top experience and lowest price. Travel with us to see the landscape of China!
Upon your arrival at Chongqing airport, our local guide will meet you and escort you to board Regal China Cruise(5 stars).
Departs Chongqing at 08:00AM. Shore excursion to Fengdu Ghost City.
- Fengdu Ghost City: constructed on the Mingshan Hill by the river bank, it is so called because of the legend which goes that about 1,700 years ago, two officials, Yin and Wang (the combination of their surnames means "Ghost King ") became Taoists here and eventually Immortals. Now with fantastic temples of underworld demons and gods, it shows the Chinese ghost culture and is a place for punishing the devil and awarding the good.
Shore excursion to Shennong Stream by smaller vessels.
- Shennong Stream: a small tributary of the Yangtze River with 60 kilometers long, famous for its picturesque sceneries, Shennong Stream is beautiful and ancient. When you take a sampan drifting along it, which is not without risk yet exhilarating and a challenge to battle with the nature, you will be attracted and surprised by its crystal clear steam flowing swiftly from north to south through deep gorges, steep ridges and peaks, thick vegetation and wild flowers, flying birds, plank road built along a cliff and ancient hanging coffins, the Minority people and their sweet love songs.
Shore excursion to Three Gorges Dam site.
- Three Gorges: spanning the Yangtze at Sandouping, Yichang, Hubei province, China, construction began in 1994, it is now the largest hydroelectric dam in the world. The Dam will be 2,335 meters long, 18 meters wide, and its bottom will be 130 meters wide after completion in 2009, and by then the water level will rise to 135 meters above sea level. The reservoir began filling on June 1, 2003, and will occupy the present position of the scenic Three Gorges area, between the cities of Yichang, Hubei, and Fuling, Chongqing Municipality.
Disembark the ship in Wuhan at 11:30AM. You will be met and escorted to your hotel, and then you will have a city tour to visit Guiyuan Buddist Temple, Heptachord Terrace, Yellow Crane Tower and the Hubei Provincial Musuem and enjoy the concert of ancient ritual bells.
- Hubei Provincial Museum: built in 1953, the museum is highlighted by a large collection of artefacts from the Zenghouyi Tomb dating from aound 433 BC and unearthed in 1978, the most spectacular collection is a complete set of 65 ritual bronze bells of different sizes made more than 2200 yeaers ago that are played using hammer-like objects and poles, the museum offers wonderful performances on duplicate bells throughout the day.
- Yellow Crane Tower: first built in 223 AD and famed as "No. 1 Tower in the world", standing on the top of the Snake Hill imposingly, with 50 meters high, the five-level Tower covered with tiny tiles glazed in gold is where many poets and artists through the ages found their inspiration and left us with many pieces of poetry and prose.
- Guiyuan Temple: Wuhan's most famous Buddhist temple with 400-year history, the temple houses a collection of rare sutra, a jade Buddha and 500 gilded Arhats, the main attractions are statues of Buddha's disciples in an array of comical poses.
Today you will have a visit to East Lake before our local guide escorts you to the airport for your onward flight to your next destination.
- Extras -
- There is no fixed departure date for this itinerary - you can start your trip whenever you want.
Due to changes in currency fluctuation, airfares, cruise fares and other reasons, the price is current at time of publishing and subject to change until paid in full.
If the tour do not suit your interests, we would be happy to assist in designing a tailored itinerary to meet your requirements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chongqing
- Nightview in Chongqing - from 300 CNY
- Yangtze River Cruises Victoria - 4 days from 552 USD
Email the tour operator - Yangtze Cruise and Wuhan Glimpse 6 days
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.