Explore The Wildlife In Sichuan
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 1540 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/26/2008
A trip to Sichuan for its nature beauty and wildlife
Fly to ChengduThe capital of Sichuan Province. On arrival, we meet our local guide, at the airport and drive to the Chengdu downtown. Free day or city tour to visit the most beautiful Buddhist temple in Chengdu, Wenshu Temple and then enjoy an afternoon tea in River View Park to see the local people¡¯s daily life.
Chengdu to WolongMorning drive to Wolong Nature Reserve, a key area designed mainly to protect and breed pandas, to begin our viewing of the famed giant pandas. Right here we are able to get a close-up look at pandas living in the nature. Afterwards, a visit to the Panda Museum will help us with a better understanding on the creature¡¯s habits and evolutionary.
Wolong to MaoxianWe spend the morning in the Wolong Nature Reserve. Set up in 1979, and designated as an international biosphere preserve, the reserve has become synonymous with giant pandas. Afterwards we embark on a 2-hour¡¯s drive to Jiuzhaigou. En route we stop in in the village of Tao Ping, a wonderfully preserved Qiang village of stone and wood, with origins dating back over 2, 000 years. We arrive in Maoxian in the late afternoon, anther picturesque small town occupied by Qiang community.
Maoxian to JiuzhaigouMorning continue on the road to Jiuzhaigou. En route, we stop for lunch and have some time for market exploration in the ¡°Wild West¡± garrison town of Songpan. By late afternoon, we arrive in Jiuzhaigou, which is most noted for its stunning scenery, and its simple idyllic beauty has pegged it as a virtual ¡°fairyland¡±. The environment, still in a pristine state, encompasses mountains, deep ravines, forests, grass-covered slopes, lakes and waterfalls.
JiuzhaigouWhole day will be spent exploring the scenic areas of Jiuzhaigou. We begin with a two-hour walk down to Rhinoceros Lake, then continue on past six other lakes and two waterfalls to Potted Lake. This route is the path-less-taken and will offer a tranquil introduction to Jiuzhaigou. After a picnic lunch lakeside, we will visit a Tibetan temple located within the park, and also spend some time in the natural history museum.
Jiuzhaigou to ChengduContinue our exploration of Jiuzhaigou with a walk down from Grass Lake, passing several lakes and waterfalls along the way. We will enjoy a picnic lunch in the meadow before continuing on to Mirror Lake, located at the mouth of Ri Tse Valley. As indicated by its name, the lake has a mirror-like flat surface onto which every object ¨C flowers, grasslands, forests, as well as distant mountains ¨C is reflected. A walk by the lake will explain a local saying ¡°that birds fly in water while fish swim in the sky.¡± Fly back to Chengdu in the late afternoon.
Fly back homeCatch our flight back home, trip ends.
- Inclusions -
- All domestic airfare as indicated in the itinerary
- Exclusions -
- SOS Evacuation insurance
- Extras -
- The current price quotation is based on the present exchange rate of RMB ¥7.15 to US $1.00. In the event of change of exchange rate of 2% or more, we reserve the right to adjust this quotation in a fair and reasonable manner.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chengdu
Email the tour operator - Explore The Wildlife In Sichuan
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.