Purification On The Soul and Mind ¨C Exploring The Sacred Buddhist Land in Qinghai and Tibet
- Price from:
- 2640 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/26/2008
A spiritual and religion tou to Qinghai and Tibet
Arrive in XinningFly to Xining. Meet up with local guide and start our trip from here. Time permitting; we stop at the Tibetan Medicine Cultural Museum which has a history stretching back thousands of years. Influenced by Tibetan Buddhism, it is often associated with religious rituals.
Xining to TongrenEarly in the morning drive to Tongren, the centre of Regong art culture and the focal point of our journey. The four-hour drive is dotted with interesting stops along the way including the visit to Dangcai Village in Pingan County. This village has successfully nurtured exceptional number of high lamas and living buddhas, many of whom have gone on to assume the abbotship of famous temples such as the Kumbun Monastery and Labrang Monastery. This village is also the former home of the 14th Dalai Lama, who is currently resides exile in India.
TongrenGo on a pilgrimage walk around Longwu Temple, one of the most important monasteries in the Amdo Tibetan area. At one time, it had 35 subordinate monasteries, including Labrang Monastery. The walk around the monastery is casual, and along the way search out opportunities to engage with monks to discuss about their daily rituals. The afternoon is spent at Nianduhu Monastery. Its large-scale barbola mural is considered the best in the area, and the monastery also houses a collection of other rare cultural relics. This monastery is best known for its embroidery art.
TongrenSpend a morning at the Upper and Lower Wudun monasteries.These monasteries are over a thousand years old and feature an organic tapestry of village and monastery, laymen habitat, as well as monk residents. Best known for their artistic prowess, the Tibetans here have a rich history recordes through murals, tangka and statues that abound in this area. The art school in the monastery, which was set up in the 16th century, is known for its craftsmanship and fancy colors and enjoys wide-spread fame across the Tibetan region till this day. Free afternoon with optional tours to see Tibetan art galleries or visit the Tibetan hospital.
Tongren to KumbumMonastery, drive 5 hrs to Kumbum Monastery, one of the six most important monasteries of the Gelukpa (Yellow Hat) school of Tibetan Buddhism. Built in 1577 in honor of the founder of the Gelukpa School, Tsongkapa, this remarkable monastery is known for its numerous figurines carved out of yak butter and its many frescos and tangkas (silk tapestries). The compound consists of several temples built up and down a hill. The Da Xingtang, or meditation hall, is known for its beautiful and long tangkas adorning the sides of the hall.
Kumbum Monastery to XiningMorning Drive to Qinghai Lake (3.5 hours), long considered one of the Tibet¡¯s holy lakes. Afterwards drive to Xining.
Xining to LhasaMorning flight to Lhasa, the capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region, this vibrant and fascinating city has been the center of Tibet¡¯s political, religious, economic, and cultural activities ever since the Fifth Dalai Lama moved the capital here in 1642. Free time for the rest day.
LhasaMorning¡¯s destination is the famous Potala Palace, an immense structure stacked atop Marpo Ri (Red Hill) high above the Lhasa Valley. The massive complex is comprised of the secular White Palace and the sacred Red Palace along with their ancillary buildings including dormitories for the large staff of each Dalai Lama, schools, chapels, a printing house and tombs. Afternoon visit the Drepung Monastery which Situated at the foot of the Mountain Gambo Utse, the Drepung Monastery is known as the most important monastery of the Gelugpa school in Tibetan Buddhism and also as the largest-scale monastery among the ones of the same kind.
LhasaIn the morning, we shuttle a short distance to the ancient and seldom-visited Pabongka Monastery. Local legend claims that the surrounding land was home to two divine tortoises, a male and a female¡ªwhich now exist as two granite boulders at this site. Afterwards, we explore the Sera Monastery. One of the three main Gelupka monasteries in Lhasa, Sera is an important spiritual center for Buddhist monks.
Lhasa to ShigatseEn route to Shigatse (3,900 m), the second largest city in Tibet, we will stop for a picnic lunch at the Yamdrok Tso Lake (4408 m), one of the three holiest lakes in Tibet. From the lake, we can enjoy the breathtaking views of its turquoise water surrounded by the mysterious Mt Donang Sangwari (5,340 m) and the snow peaks of Nojin Gangzang (7,191 m). Tibetans have regarded the lake¡¯s various as having their own colors have spiritual meanings.
ShigatseShigatse to Lhasa. Return to Lhasa. Free time for last minute shopping.
Back HomeFly back home, transfer day, trip ends.
- Inclusions -
- All domestic airfare as indicated in the itinerary
- Exclusions -
- SOS Evacuation insurance
- Extras -
- The current price quotation is based on the present exchange rate of RMB ¥7.15 to US $1.00. In the event of change of exchange rate of 2% or more, we reserve the right to adjust this quotation in a fair and reasonable manner.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Beijing
- Beijing City Tour - from 40 USD
- Cooking Class Beijing Wine Pairing Cooking Demo - from 250 CNY
- Beijing Cooking Class Chinese Regional Flavours - from 300 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Tea Tasting Safari - from 550 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Beijing Night Market Tour - from 450 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Sihuan Market - from 450 CNY
- Beijing Home Style Chinese Cooking Class - from 210 CNY
- Beijing The Great Wall Less Traveled - from 990 CNY
- Great Wall - from 1600 CNY
- Forbiden City & Tian An Men & Beihai Park &Temple of Heaven - from 1400 CNY
- A Great Wall Tour - from 1500 CNY
- River Rafting in Beijing - from 220 USD
- BikeBeijing com Rentals & Tours - from 15 USD
- Beijing Target Shooting & Great Wall Day Tour - from 70 USD
- Beijing Countryside Life Half Day Trip - from 70 USD
- Beijing Cooking Learning Day Tour - from 100 USD
- Beijing Great Wall Hiking & Spa Day Tour - from 80 USD
- Beijing Simatai Great Wall One Day Tour - from 40 USD
- Beijing Opera Show in the evening - from 30 USD
- Chinese Kung Fu Show in the evening - from 30 USD
- Beijing Badaling Great Wall,Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square... - from 40 USD
- Beijing Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven... - from 30 USD
- Beijing Badaling Great Wall and Ming Tombs One Day Tour - from 20 USD
- Beijing Tour - 3 days from 1200 CNY
- Bei Jing City Tour - 10 days from 200 USD
- 3 Days Beijing Sightseeing - 3 days from 800 CNY
- Beijing Weekends Tour - 2 days from 280 CNY
- The Land of the Great Wall 17 Day Itinerary - 17 days from 1298 GBP
- Beijing Nights Southern China and Topical Beaches - 14 days from 1298 GBP
- 10 Days Tibet Impression - 10 days from 1503 USD
- Once in a Lifetime Journey From Tibet Railway to Yangtze Cruise - 14 days from 1931 USD
- Splendors of the Yangtze - 11 days from 1388 USD
- Golden Route of China - 8 days from 928 USD
- 8 Days Essence of China Post Olympic Tour - 8 days from 1130 USD
- 10 Days Splendid China Post Olympic Tour - 10 days from 1565 USD
- Water Wheels Drum Towers and Days Gone by 23 Day Itinerary - 23 days from 2185 GBP
- People of China From City to Countryside 23 Day Itinerary - 23 days from 1885 GBP
- 20 Day Go China Itinerary - 20 days from 1585 GBP
- Raise the Red Lantern - 4 days from 135 GBP
- Easy Going Beijing - 4 days from 298 GBP
- Great Silk Road - 26 days from 1910 EUR
- Beijing to Kathmandu - 28 days from 1050 GBP
- Trans Tibetan Express - 8 days from 1370 USD
- Unrestored Great Wall Hiking - 3 days from 1300 CNY
- Beijing 3 Day Highlights Vacation Package - 3 days from 295 CNY
- A Family Adventure Into China - 12 days from 2220 USD
- Capture The Spirit of Classical Chinese Gardens - 8 days from 1590 USD
- China Beijing Private Personal Travel Tour with Licensed... - 3 days from 30 USD
- 8 days Essence of China Tour CHT1 - 8 days from 1350 USD
- China Golden Tour 10 Days - 10 days from 1246 USD
- Guided Photography and Videography on the Wild Great Wall - 2 days from 220 USD
- Mountain Biking by the Wild Great Wall - 2 days from 220 USD
- China Experience - 11 days from 1615 GBP
- Trout Fishing in Beijing & Fly fishing in Beijing - 2 days from 220 USD
- China Upstream Tour - 14 days from 1023 GBP
- Explore Yangtze River 13 Days Downstream Cruise with Beijing,... - 13 days from 1388 USD
- China Silk Road 13 days Tour - 13 days from 2428 USD
- Grand China with Scenic Yangtze Cruise - 19 days from 2219 GBP
- Vintage China Plan A Beijing, Xian & Shanghai - 11 days from 951 USD
- Magical China tour - 14 days from 1599 GBP
- China & Yangtze River Cruises - 9 days from 1423 USD
- Wild Great Wall Travel | Great wall guide | Great wall trip... - 2 days from 150 USD
- The China Train Experience - 9 days from 925 GBP
- China Highlights - 11 days from 1735 USD
- Beijing Top Selling 4 day Tour Package - 4 days from 195 USD
- Beijing Xian Shanghai 8 Day Join in Train Travel - 8 days from 650 USD
- China Classic Tour - 11 days from 899 CNY
- Golf Playing Tour - 7 days from 1000 USD
- Yangtze River Cruise - 4 days from 400 USD
Email the tour operator - Purification On The Soul and Mind ¨C Exploring The Sacred Buddhist Land in Qinghai and Tibet
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.