- Price from:
- 1735 USD /person
- +44 (0)20 7720 9285
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 11 days
- Location Start:
- Beijing Airport
- Location Finish:
- Shanghai Airport
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 11.00 am
- We Speak:
Last updated: 10/30/2006
Discover some of China's iconic images as you visit Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Yangshuo & Shanghai. A wonderous journey taking in imperial & natural splendours as you travel through this fascinating land.
Beijing (no meals)
AM: Arrive at Beijing International Airport where you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Unpack and relax for the remainder of the day. Overnight at the Haoyuan Hotel or similar in Beijing.
Beijing (B, L , D)
AM: After breakfast visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City which served as the royal palace for 24 emperors during the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
PM: After lunch, visit the Temple of Heaven where the Chinese emperors used to pray. Enjoy a 3-wheel cyclo tour of the old quarter of Beijing and then a Peking Duck dinner. Overnight at the Haoyuan Hotel or similar in Beijing.
Beijing (B, L, -)
AM: After breakfast take a trip to see a section of the Great Wall at Mutianyu. Lunch in a local restaurant.
PM: This afternoon return to Beijing train station to catch the overnight sleeper train to Xian. Overnight on the train to Xian.
Beijing : Xian (B, L, D)
AM: On arrival in Xian you will be met and transferred to the Grand New World Hotel and afterwards you will visit the Provincial Museum with its amazing artefacts.
PM: After lunch in a local restaurant, tour Xian taking in the ancient city wall, built in the early Ming Dynasty (about 600 years ago); then visit the Wild Goose Pagoda where you can overlook the whole city. Dinner at the Tang Dynasty show. Overnight at the Grand New World Hotel or similar in Xian.
Xian (B, L, -)
AM: After breakfast head off to the Tomb of the first emperor, Qin Shi Huang, which is guarded by the world famous Terracotta Army. See these amazing archaeological finds and visit the nearby museum. Lunch in a local restaurant.
PM: Return to Xian and visit the Grand Mosque and the Muslim Quarter. Overnight at the Grand New World Hotel or similar in Xian.
Xian : Guilin (B, L, -)
AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Morning flight to Guilin. On arrival transfer to your hotel. Lunch at a local restaurant.
PM: Enjoy a city tour of Guilin taking in Elephant Trunk Hill and the Reed Flute Cave. Overnight at the Bravo Hotel or similar in Guilin.
Guilin : Yangshuo (B, L, -)
AM: After breakfast enjoy a leisurely cruise (4 hours) down the picturesque Li River with stunning scenery on the way. A Chinese lunch will be served on board.
PM: Arrive in Yangshuo and check into your hotel. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure to soak up Yangshuo's unique atmosphere. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from for dinner. Overnight at the Paradesa Hotel or similar in Yangshuo.
Yangshuo (B, L, -)
AM: After breakfast cycle through paddy fields, old villages and between the karst mountains. Lunch in a local restaurant.
PM: Climb Moon Hill for the amazing views of the region. Return to the hotel to relax. Alternatively or you may want to take an optional excursion to see the spectacle of the Son et Lumiere show (booked and paid for locally). Overnight at the Paradesa Hotel or similar in Yangshuo.
Yangshuo : Shanghai (B, -, -)
AM: After breakfast leave Yangshuo by car for Guilin airport and your flight to Shanghai. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Make your own arrangements for lunch.
PM: An afternoon to explore on your own. Overnight at Anting Villa Hotel or similar in Shanghai.
Shanghai (B, L, -)
AM: After breakfast you will tour Shanghai taking in the Yuyuan Garden, the Shanghai Museum and the old quarter. Lunch will be taken at a local restaurant.
PM: Visit the Jade Buddha and enjoy a stroll on the Bund afterwards. Overnight at Anting Villa Hotel or similar in Shanghai.
Shanghai : Home (B, -)
AM: After breakfast at hotel transfer to Shanghai airport for your flight home.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Beijing
- Beijing City Tour - from 40 USD
- Cooking Class Beijing Wine Pairing Cooking Demo - from 250 CNY
- Beijing Cooking Class Chinese Regional Flavours - from 300 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Tea Tasting Safari - from 550 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Beijing Night Market Tour - from 450 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Sihuan Market - from 450 CNY
- Beijing Home Style Chinese Cooking Class - from 210 CNY
- Beijing The Great Wall Less Traveled - from 990 CNY
- Great Wall - from 1600 CNY
- Forbiden City & Tian An Men & Beihai Park &Temple of Heaven - from 1400 CNY
- A Great Wall Tour - from 1500 CNY
- River Rafting in Beijing - from 220 USD
- BikeBeijing com Rentals & Tours - from 15 USD
- Beijing Target Shooting & Great Wall Day Tour - from 70 USD
- Beijing Countryside Life Half Day Trip - from 70 USD
- Beijing Cooking Learning Day Tour - from 100 USD
- Beijing Great Wall Hiking & Spa Day Tour - from 80 USD
- Beijing Simatai Great Wall One Day Tour - from 40 USD
- Beijing Opera Show in the evening - from 30 USD
- Chinese Kung Fu Show in the evening - from 30 USD
- Beijing Badaling Great Wall,Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square... - from 40 USD
- Beijing Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven... - from 30 USD
- Beijing Badaling Great Wall and Ming Tombs One Day Tour - from 20 USD
- Beijing Tour - 3 days from 1200 CNY
- Bei Jing City Tour - 10 days from 200 USD
- 3 Days Beijing Sightseeing - 3 days from 800 CNY
- Beijing Weekends Tour - 2 days from 280 CNY
- The Land of the Great Wall 17 Day Itinerary - 17 days from 1298 GBP
- Beijing Nights Southern China and Topical Beaches - 14 days from 1298 GBP
- 10 Days Tibet Impression - 10 days from 1503 USD
- Once in a Lifetime Journey From Tibet Railway to Yangtze Cruise - 14 days from 1931 USD
- Splendors of the Yangtze - 11 days from 1388 USD
- Golden Route of China - 8 days from 928 USD
- 8 Days Essence of China Post Olympic Tour - 8 days from 1130 USD
- 10 Days Splendid China Post Olympic Tour - 10 days from 1565 USD
- Water Wheels Drum Towers and Days Gone by 23 Day Itinerary - 23 days from 2185 GBP
- People of China From City to Countryside 23 Day Itinerary - 23 days from 1885 GBP
- 20 Day Go China Itinerary - 20 days from 1585 GBP
- Raise the Red Lantern - 4 days from 135 GBP
- Easy Going Beijing - 4 days from 298 GBP
- Great Silk Road - 26 days from 1910 EUR
- Beijing to Kathmandu - 28 days from 1050 GBP
- Trans Tibetan Express - 8 days from 1370 USD
- Unrestored Great Wall Hiking - 3 days from 1300 CNY
- Beijing 3 Day Highlights Vacation Package - 3 days from 295 CNY
- Purification On The Soul and Mind ¨C Exploring The Sacred... - 12 days from 2640 USD
- A Family Adventure Into China - 12 days from 2220 USD
- Capture The Spirit of Classical Chinese Gardens - 8 days from 1590 USD
- China Beijing Private Personal Travel Tour with Licensed... - 3 days from 30 USD
- 8 days Essence of China Tour CHT1 - 8 days from 1350 USD
- China Golden Tour 10 Days - 10 days from 1246 USD
- Guided Photography and Videography on the Wild Great Wall - 2 days from 220 USD
- Mountain Biking by the Wild Great Wall - 2 days from 220 USD
- China Experience - 11 days from 1615 GBP
- Trout Fishing in Beijing & Fly fishing in Beijing - 2 days from 220 USD
- China Upstream Tour - 14 days from 1023 GBP
- Explore Yangtze River 13 Days Downstream Cruise with Beijing,... - 13 days from 1388 USD
- China Silk Road 13 days Tour - 13 days from 2428 USD
- Grand China with Scenic Yangtze Cruise - 19 days from 2219 GBP
- Vintage China Plan A Beijing, Xian & Shanghai - 11 days from 951 USD
- Magical China tour - 14 days from 1599 GBP
- China & Yangtze River Cruises - 9 days from 1423 USD
- Wild Great Wall Travel | Great wall guide | Great wall trip... - 2 days from 150 USD
- The China Train Experience - 9 days from 925 GBP
- Beijing Top Selling 4 day Tour Package - 4 days from 195 USD
- Beijing Xian Shanghai 8 Day Join in Train Travel - 8 days from 650 USD
- China Classic Tour - 11 days from 899 CNY
- Golf Playing Tour - 7 days from 1000 USD
- Yangtze River Cruise - 4 days from 400 USD
Email the tour operator - China Highlights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.