A Family Adventure Into China
- Price from:
- 2220 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/26/2008
Combining major historic and cultural sights with fun activities, our 12-day China family tours are bound to be an in-depth travel experience, for the whole family.
Arrive in BeijingMeet our local guide at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Free day for recovering for jet-leg or half-day city tour to the local markets and typical Peking duck for the welcome dinner.
BeijingRelive China¡¯s political history with a tour through Tiananmen Square, a site of many of China¡¯s key political events in modern history. Step into the daily life of Imperial China¡¯s rulers, accompanied by a knowledgeable scholar. Forbidden City plus private section visit; Hutong Tours with special visit the local people¡¯s house, cooking class, Chinese traditional handicrafts learning.
BeijingDay excursion to the Great Wall, Bewilder at the monumental undertaking that led to the Great Wall of China, and follow its steep snaking path through the scenic country side. For hiking enthusiasts, a challenging 4 hour trek through Jinshanling (10.2km), the most battle-hardened part of the wall, will prove most rewarding, with its views of crumbling, original sections of the Wall snaking over precipitous mountain ridges in the far distance. For those preferring to sit back and enjoy the ride, a shorter, easier excursion through Mutianyu will be just as exciting.
BeijingMorning visit Temple of Heaven which is the most holy of Beijing's Imperial temples. This is where the Emperor came every winter solstice to worship heaven and to solemnly pray for a good harvest. Optional programs like Taichi lesson or Chinese Martial Art learning can be taken here. In the afternoon, move to Summer Palace that is the best preserved and the largest imperial gardens in China where we take a boat tour in the Kunming Lake. Acrobatic show watching in the evening.
Beijing to Xi¡¯anFly to Xi¡¯an in the morning. Witness the confluence of ancient Central Asia and China in the 1300 years old Muslim Quarter and its Great Mosque. Built in 742 A.D., the Great Mosque is China¡¯s largest and best preserved early mosque, representing a synthesis of Chinese, Islamic and 15th century Buddhist architecture elements.
Xi¡¯anMarvel at the grandiosity of the Terracotta Army, built by the first Qin Emperor to help him rule in his afterlife. Considered one of the 20th century¡¯s most remarkable archaeological discoveries, the collection includes 8,099 life size terracotta figures of warriors and horses, constructed by an estimated 700,000 craftsmen over a period of 38 years. The craftsmen were sealed alive inside the tomb to prevent the divulging of any secrets about the tomb¡¯s entrance and riches.Learn about Xi¡¯an¡¯s former status as ancient capital of China by studying bronze, underground murals and other artifacts (dating back to the millennium) at the Shaanxi History Museum.
Chenlu VillageDrive to Chen Lu Town,an ancient porcelain town famous for its tradition dating back 1400 years, and practice pottery making with a local craftsman there. Observe how local folk customs are closely connected to its pottery and porcelain heritage, as civil houses, art, and murals brim rich with pottery cultural connotation. Residents in Cheng Lu still greet each other as tongzhi (comrade). Alternatively, we can also choose to learn about village life in Huxian (2hrs drive from Xi¡¯an). Discover Huxian¡¯s culture and lifestyle through their distinct paintings at the Huxian County Peasant¡¯s Painting Association.
Afternoon flight to Hangzhou. Famed for its natural scenery, Hangzhou and its West Lake have been immortalized by countless poets and artists. It is one of the most important cultural centers of China.
Hangzhou to Mt. HuangshanDrive to Tunxi in the morning. Head to the Hongcun Village (1.5 hour drive), a UNESCO World Heritage Site housing typical South Anhui architecture, namely, one of the most photogenic villages in China. Optional programs are provided: local handicraft making and private work shop visit to gain a unique people to people experience.
Mt. HuangshanWehave an excursion to Mt. Huangshan, probably the most famous mountain in China. Mt. Huangshan can boast not only of its magnificence but also its abundant resources and great variety of zoological species, for which it has been listed as a World Natural and Cultural Heritage Site.
Tunxi to ShanghaiMorning fly to Shanghai, Immerse ourselves in the glory and wealth of Shanghai¡¯s culture and history at the Shanghai History Museum, one of the top museums in China. And Travel back to the 1930¡¯s at the Bund, where great foreign commercial houses, lucrative banks, and graceful colonial buildings create an atmosphere similar to New York¡¯s 5th Avenue. Evening take a cruise on the Huangpu River to see the night life in Shanghai.
ShanghaiMorning walking tour with expert through the Linong and French Concession, one of several settlements set aside for British, French and American traders following the Treaty of Nanking of 1842. Afternoon visit Duoluo Street where the dynamic 1920¡¯s and 30¡¯s Chinese literary community lives on.
Fly back home, trip ends.
- Inclusions -
- All domestic airfare as indicated in the itinerary
- Exclusions -
- SOS Evacuation insurance
- Extras -
- The current price quotation is based on the present exchange rate of RMB ¥7.15 to US $1.00. In the event of change of exchange rate of 2% or more, we reserve the right to adjust this quotation in a fair and reasonable manner.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Beijing
- Beijing City Tour - from 40 USD
- Cooking Class Beijing Wine Pairing Cooking Demo - from 250 CNY
- Beijing Cooking Class Chinese Regional Flavours - from 300 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Tea Tasting Safari - from 550 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Beijing Night Market Tour - from 450 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Sihuan Market - from 450 CNY
- Beijing Home Style Chinese Cooking Class - from 210 CNY
- Beijing The Great Wall Less Traveled - from 990 CNY
- Great Wall - from 1600 CNY
- Forbiden City & Tian An Men & Beihai Park &Temple of Heaven - from 1400 CNY
- A Great Wall Tour - from 1500 CNY
- River Rafting in Beijing - from 220 USD
- BikeBeijing com Rentals & Tours - from 15 USD
- Beijing Target Shooting & Great Wall Day Tour - from 70 USD
- Beijing Countryside Life Half Day Trip - from 70 USD
- Beijing Cooking Learning Day Tour - from 100 USD
- Beijing Great Wall Hiking & Spa Day Tour - from 80 USD
- Beijing Simatai Great Wall One Day Tour - from 40 USD
- Beijing Opera Show in the evening - from 30 USD
- Chinese Kung Fu Show in the evening - from 30 USD
- Beijing Badaling Great Wall,Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square... - from 40 USD
- Beijing Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven... - from 30 USD
- Beijing Badaling Great Wall and Ming Tombs One Day Tour - from 20 USD
- Beijing Tour - 3 days from 1200 CNY
- Bei Jing City Tour - 10 days from 200 USD
- 3 Days Beijing Sightseeing - 3 days from 800 CNY
- Beijing Weekends Tour - 2 days from 280 CNY
- The Land of the Great Wall 17 Day Itinerary - 17 days from 1298 GBP
- Beijing Nights Southern China and Topical Beaches - 14 days from 1298 GBP
- 10 Days Tibet Impression - 10 days from 1503 USD
- Once in a Lifetime Journey From Tibet Railway to Yangtze Cruise - 14 days from 1931 USD
- Splendors of the Yangtze - 11 days from 1388 USD
- Golden Route of China - 8 days from 928 USD
- 8 Days Essence of China Post Olympic Tour - 8 days from 1130 USD
- 10 Days Splendid China Post Olympic Tour - 10 days from 1565 USD
- Water Wheels Drum Towers and Days Gone by 23 Day Itinerary - 23 days from 2185 GBP
- People of China From City to Countryside 23 Day Itinerary - 23 days from 1885 GBP
- 20 Day Go China Itinerary - 20 days from 1585 GBP
- Raise the Red Lantern - 4 days from 135 GBP
- Easy Going Beijing - 4 days from 298 GBP
- Great Silk Road - 26 days from 1910 EUR
- Beijing to Kathmandu - 28 days from 1050 GBP
- Trans Tibetan Express - 8 days from 1370 USD
- Unrestored Great Wall Hiking - 3 days from 1300 CNY
- Beijing 3 Day Highlights Vacation Package - 3 days from 295 CNY
- Purification On The Soul and Mind ¨C Exploring The Sacred... - 12 days from 2640 USD
- Capture The Spirit of Classical Chinese Gardens - 8 days from 1590 USD
- China Beijing Private Personal Travel Tour with Licensed... - 3 days from 30 USD
- 8 days Essence of China Tour CHT1 - 8 days from 1350 USD
- China Golden Tour 10 Days - 10 days from 1246 USD
- Guided Photography and Videography on the Wild Great Wall - 2 days from 220 USD
- Mountain Biking by the Wild Great Wall - 2 days from 220 USD
- China Experience - 11 days from 1615 GBP
- Trout Fishing in Beijing & Fly fishing in Beijing - 2 days from 220 USD
- China Upstream Tour - 14 days from 1023 GBP
- Explore Yangtze River 13 Days Downstream Cruise with Beijing,... - 13 days from 1388 USD
- China Silk Road 13 days Tour - 13 days from 2428 USD
- Grand China with Scenic Yangtze Cruise - 19 days from 2219 GBP
- Vintage China Plan A Beijing, Xian & Shanghai - 11 days from 951 USD
- Magical China tour - 14 days from 1599 GBP
- China & Yangtze River Cruises - 9 days from 1423 USD
- Wild Great Wall Travel | Great wall guide | Great wall trip... - 2 days from 150 USD
- The China Train Experience - 9 days from 925 GBP
- China Highlights - 11 days from 1735 USD
- Beijing Top Selling 4 day Tour Package - 4 days from 195 USD
- Beijing Xian Shanghai 8 Day Join in Train Travel - 8 days from 650 USD
- China Classic Tour - 11 days from 899 CNY
- Golf Playing Tour - 7 days from 1000 USD
- Yangtze River Cruise - 4 days from 400 USD
Email the tour operator - A Family Adventure Into China
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.