8 Days Essence of China Post Olympic Tour
- Price from:
- 1130 USD /person
- 0086 10 58158830
- +86 10 58158822
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Portuguese, English
Last updated: 03/27/2009
Come and find out the new Beijing and China after the great Olympic events! China is a time capsule: ancient cultures and modern miracles in eight shorts days.
You'll be met on arrival at Beijing airport. Free time rest of the day exploring the nearby streets, or resting and catching up on your jetlag. Beijing is a city of amazing contrasts â an ancient capital with incredible historical sites, and a bustling modern metropolis hosted the 2008 Olympics.
After breakfast head out for Tian'anmen Square, the world's largest public square, which is closely linked to The Forbidden City, from which the Emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties governed for over 500 years. Later you'll visit the Temple of Heaven, where the Emperors prayed for good harvests and rain, or gave thanks for the harvest. Today's itinerary includes a visit to the old Beijing handicraft workshop.
In the evening, enjoy watching a splendid show of Shaolin Kungfu or Arocbatis on own expense, or enjoy nightlife in pubs & bars around the Houhai Lake.
After breakfast, we will leave for Great Wall at Badaling, which stretches for over 6000km, and was originally built to protect China from the barbarians. You can walk and climb at your own pace.
In the afternoon visit the 2008 Beijing Olympic Park and Olympic village will be open to public from October, 2008. We will walk in the world's biggest Olympic Park and have a glimpse of the Olympic stadiums, such as Bird's Nest - National Stadium, and Water Cube - National Aquatics Center.
Finally visit the Summer Palace, the most beautiful imperial garden in China. You can have a boat ride on the lake which is a best way to enjoy the beautiful view.
You will be free in the morning until being transferred to the airport in time for your flight to Xi'an which is one of the oldest cities in China. Xi'an was the national capital for over 1,000 years and was also the starting point of the Silk Road. On arrival we will take a visit to one of the best museums in China, the Shaanxi Historical Museum. Among the 400,000 items on display are treasures from many Dynasties including magnificent bronzes and porcelain, many of which have never been on permanent display before.
Terracotta Warriors and Horses are part of the underground tomb of the Emperor Qin. Well over 7000 figures in full battle array are formed for battle in several large pits. Many of the figures - soldiers, archers, horses and chariots have been restored. In the afternoon we are going to the Bell Tower where you can get a bird's view of the city from the top. We will continue to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda where widely renowned Master Xuanzang (Monk Tripitaka) stored his collection of classic Buddhist artifacts brought from India.
Fly to Shanghai. On arrival we visit the Shanghai Museum which possesses a collection of 120,000 precious works of art, and then The Bund - the old colonial sector, which is home to a myriad of European-styled buildings that face the Huangpu River. It is a must-see when visiting Shanghai. Architectural styles include gothic, baroque, Romanesque, and renaissance.
Today you visit the Jade Buddha Temple, the lovely old Yuyuan Garden, and the famous Oriental Pearl TV Tower (also known as the Pearl Tower, for its distinctive shape). The second-highest platform provides wonderful views over Shanghai and the Huang Pu River, and those with a good head for heights can choose to buy a ticket to continue on to the very top.
Your time is your own, until you are ready to be transferred to the airport for your departure.
- Extras -
- Beijingï¼The capital city and cultural center of China.
Attractions: Forbidden City â-¶ Great Wall of China â-¶ Summer Palace â-¶ Temple of Heaven â-¶ Tian'anmen Square
Xi'anï¼with 6000 years history and famous for its Terracotta Warriors
Attractions: Big Wild Goose Pagoda â-¶ Terracotta Warriors and Horses
Shanghai most developed and prosperous city in China
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Beijing
- Beijing City Tour - from 40 USD
- Cooking Class Beijing Wine Pairing Cooking Demo - from 250 CNY
- Beijing Cooking Class Chinese Regional Flavours - from 300 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Tea Tasting Safari - from 550 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Beijing Night Market Tour - from 450 CNY
- Beijing Food Tour Sihuan Market - from 450 CNY
- Beijing Home Style Chinese Cooking Class - from 210 CNY
- Beijing The Great Wall Less Traveled - from 990 CNY
- Great Wall - from 1600 CNY
- Forbiden City & Tian An Men & Beihai Park &Temple of Heaven - from 1400 CNY
- A Great Wall Tour - from 1500 CNY
- River Rafting in Beijing - from 220 USD
- BikeBeijing com Rentals & Tours - from 15 USD
- Beijing Target Shooting & Great Wall Day Tour - from 70 USD
- Beijing Countryside Life Half Day Trip - from 70 USD
- Beijing Cooking Learning Day Tour - from 100 USD
- Beijing Great Wall Hiking & Spa Day Tour - from 80 USD
- Beijing Simatai Great Wall One Day Tour - from 40 USD
- Beijing Opera Show in the evening - from 30 USD
- Chinese Kung Fu Show in the evening - from 30 USD
- Beijing Badaling Great Wall,Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square... - from 40 USD
- Beijing Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven... - from 30 USD
- Beijing Badaling Great Wall and Ming Tombs One Day Tour - from 20 USD
- Beijing Tour - 3 days from 1200 CNY
- Bei Jing City Tour - 10 days from 200 USD
- 3 Days Beijing Sightseeing - 3 days from 800 CNY
- Beijing Weekends Tour - 2 days from 280 CNY
- The Land of the Great Wall 17 Day Itinerary - 17 days from 1298 GBP
- Beijing Nights Southern China and Topical Beaches - 14 days from 1298 GBP
- 10 Days Tibet Impression - 10 days from 1503 USD
- Once in a Lifetime Journey From Tibet Railway to Yangtze Cruise - 14 days from 1931 USD
- Splendors of the Yangtze - 11 days from 1388 USD
- Golden Route of China - 8 days from 928 USD
- 10 Days Splendid China Post Olympic Tour - 10 days from 1565 USD
- Water Wheels Drum Towers and Days Gone by 23 Day Itinerary - 23 days from 2185 GBP
- People of China From City to Countryside 23 Day Itinerary - 23 days from 1885 GBP
- 20 Day Go China Itinerary - 20 days from 1585 GBP
- Raise the Red Lantern - 4 days from 135 GBP
- Easy Going Beijing - 4 days from 298 GBP
- Great Silk Road - 26 days from 1910 EUR
- Beijing to Kathmandu - 28 days from 1050 GBP
- Trans Tibetan Express - 8 days from 1370 USD
- Unrestored Great Wall Hiking - 3 days from 1300 CNY
- Beijing 3 Day Highlights Vacation Package - 3 days from 295 CNY
- Purification On The Soul and Mind ¨C Exploring The Sacred... - 12 days from 2640 USD
- A Family Adventure Into China - 12 days from 2220 USD
- Capture The Spirit of Classical Chinese Gardens - 8 days from 1590 USD
- China Beijing Private Personal Travel Tour with Licensed... - 3 days from 30 USD
- 8 days Essence of China Tour CHT1 - 8 days from 1350 USD
- China Golden Tour 10 Days - 10 days from 1246 USD
- Guided Photography and Videography on the Wild Great Wall - 2 days from 220 USD
- Mountain Biking by the Wild Great Wall - 2 days from 220 USD
- China Experience - 11 days from 1615 GBP
- Trout Fishing in Beijing & Fly fishing in Beijing - 2 days from 220 USD
- China Upstream Tour - 14 days from 1023 GBP
- Explore Yangtze River 13 Days Downstream Cruise with Beijing,... - 13 days from 1388 USD
- China Silk Road 13 days Tour - 13 days from 2428 USD
- Grand China with Scenic Yangtze Cruise - 19 days from 2219 GBP
- Vintage China Plan A Beijing, Xian & Shanghai - 11 days from 951 USD
- Magical China tour - 14 days from 1599 GBP
- China & Yangtze River Cruises - 9 days from 1423 USD
- Wild Great Wall Travel | Great wall guide | Great wall trip... - 2 days from 150 USD
- The China Train Experience - 9 days from 925 GBP
- China Highlights - 11 days from 1735 USD
- Beijing Top Selling 4 day Tour Package - 4 days from 195 USD
- Beijing Xian Shanghai 8 Day Join in Train Travel - 8 days from 650 USD
- China Classic Tour - 11 days from 899 CNY
- Golf Playing Tour - 7 days from 1000 USD
- Yangtze River Cruise - 4 days from 400 USD
Email the tour operator - 8 Days Essence of China Post Olympic Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.