Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh
- Price from:
- 250 GBP /person
- +44(0)870 334 6671
- +44(0)208 205 6970
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Phnom Penh
- Location Finish:
- Siem Reap
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 08/10/2007
From the capital of Phnom Penh see the Tuol Sleng museum and the infamous Killing Fields. Before indulging in one of the architectural wonders of the world the famous temples of Angkor.
Spend the day sight seeing in Phnom Penh the National Museum, Silver Pagoda, the Royal Palace.
Afternoon, tour to see the Phnom Temple (or Wat Phnom -the place where the first pagoda was built by a woman named 'Penh' in 1372 to house the four Buddha statues found on the banks of the Mekong. Then onto the Central Market - a covered market filled with shops selling jeweler, fabrics and all kinds of souvenirs before heading out to the Russian Market and then back to your hotel (L).
After breakfast at the hotel, take a trip to see the killing Fields and the Tuol Sleng-museum. A former high school that was converted into a prison and a torture center by the Khmer Rouge in 1975. Have lunch at a local restaurant before we return to the hotel and check in for the flight to Siem Reap.
Upon arrival at Siem Reap Airport, you will be transferred to your hotel, dinner will served at 6:30pm and the rest of the evening will be at your disposal (B, L, D).
After breakfast at the hotel, visit the Angkor Archeological site that includes the South Gate of Angkor Thom, Bayon, Baphuon and Elephant and Leper King Terraces Lunch at a local restaurant. Afternoon, continue to visit Ta Prohm and Angkor Wat before returning for dinner and overnight at your hotel (B, L, D).
After breakfast at the hotel, morning transfer to visit Banteay Srei Built from intricately carved sandstone, Banteay Srei lies 32 km from Angkor and is enveloped by jungle. Proceed to Preh Khan (believed to be a temporary residence of King Jayavarman VII who lived here during the restoration of Angkor Thom city.) The last visit before noon is Mebon Oriental (East Mebon - a pyramid of receding terraces on which are placed many detached edifices). Transfer to your hotel or make your own onward arrangements(B,L).
- Inclusions -
- Accomodation 3 Nights
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Prek Toal Bird Watching - from 75 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Buffalo Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion - 3 days from 110 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong - 15 days from 1900 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Koh Ker Explorer - 2 days from 135 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 6 days from 198 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Cambodias Shrines & Shores - 10 days from 1315 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer... - 2 days from 175 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Road to Angkor - 5 days from 338 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.