Road to Angkor
- Price from:
- 338 USD /person
- +84 4 943 9211
- +84 4 943 9209
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Phnom Penh
- Location Finish:
- Siem Reap
- We Speak:
- Chinese, Russian, Japanese, German, Italian, French, English
Last updated: 02/23/2008
An exciting combination of history and ancient culture of Cambodia, this enthralling excursions take you to the charming capital of Phnom Penh and then to Siem Reap, the largest religious monument.
Phnom Penh Arrival
You are met at the airport and transferred to your hotel.
In the afternoon we visit the Royal Palace which was built in 1866 under the French protectorate and King Norodom. We then continue to Wat Phnom, marking the legendary founding place of Phnom Penh.
Overnight in Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh : Siem Reap (B)
Take a morning flight to Siem Reap. After lunch we enter the South Gate of Angkor Thom and marvel at the wonders of the eerie Bayon, the Terrace of Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King. Enjoy the superb view of sunset from Phnom Bakheng hill.
Overnight in Siem Reap
Angkor Wat Exploring (B)
Today we visit the famous Angkor Wat, built for king Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and capital city. The largest and best-preserved temple at the site, it is the only one to have remained a significant religious centrefirst Hindu, then Buddhistsince its foundation.
After lunch we visit Preah Khan Temple, built in the 12th century for King Jayavarman VII. Then spend about half hour journey to reach Banteay Srey, one of the most unusual temples of Angkor, Cambodia. It lies 20 km due north of the main group. It is built largely of red sandstone, which is covered with elaborate and deeply carved decoration.
Overnight in Siem Reap
Continue Angkor complex exploring (B)
After breakfast we continue our journey discovering the wonders of Angkor with visits to several ancient temples. The Prasat Kravan temples: a group of five unique brick towers contain large wall sculptures of Vishnu and Lakshmi. The Banteay Kdei Temple: a massive Buddhist monastery from the latter part of the 12th century is surrounded by for concentric walls. The Srah Srang: a royal bathing Palace, located east of Banteay Kdei. It was constructed in the mid-10th century, and modified in the 12th or 13th century. Ta Prohm Temple: Unlike most of the other Angkor temples, Ta Prohm has been left just it was founded: the photogenic and atmospheric combination of trees growing out of the ruins and the jungle surroundings have made it one of Angkor's most popular temples with visitors. Ta Keo: an incomplete temple in the Khleang style built as the state temple of Jayavarman V. Thommanon: one of a pair Hindu temple built in the end of the 11th century.
This afternoon set out for a cruise on beautiful Tonle Sap Lake, passing a floating village and seeing the daily life of local people there.
Overnight in Siem Reap
Siem Reap departure (B)
Free at leisure. You will be transferred to the airport for your return flight.
- Inclusions -
- 03 night hotel accommodation on a twin-share basic with daily breakfasts
- Exclusions -
- Visa fees
- Extras -
- Tour Type: Private Tour
Departure Date: Daily
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Prek Toal Bird Watching - from 75 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Buffalo Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion - 3 days from 110 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong - 15 days from 1900 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Koh Ker Explorer - 2 days from 135 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 6 days from 198 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Cambodias Shrines & Shores - 10 days from 1315 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer... - 2 days from 175 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh - 4 days from 250 GBP
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Road to Angkor
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.