Prek Toal Bird Watching
- Price from:
- 75 USD /person
- +855 11 792 718 &+855 12
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Siem Reap
- Location Finish:
- Siem Reap
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- French, English
Last updated: 10/03/2009
Visit of Prek Toal water bird reserve,Tonle Sap Lake. It is a most important site for flora and fauna protection, especially, water bird populations which return to breed at their colonies every year
The water bird colonies are in the Prek Toal Core Area, the Tonlé Sap Great Lake. It is a largest and last refuge of water bird sanctuary in South-Asia. Situated in Battambang province south-west of Siem Reap, and is 21000 hectares. The sanctuary consists of seven species of water birds which are global significance: Greater Adjutant, Lesser Adjutant, Spot-billed Pelican, Milky Stork, Painted Stork, Black-headed Ibis, and Oriental Darter.
Besides that, there are amazing flocks of Cormorants, Egrets, Herons, and Terns are most remarkable during the tour as well.
The best period and most accessible to see water birds in colonies is from October till March for each season, but is not accessible in April, if you wish to, you can see them along the lake shore at feeding compound.
After lunch time, you will visit of Prek Toal floating village by canoe tour to women handicraft workshop, fish rising, floating garden, crocodile raising, local school, and especially, to see how populations live differently as before they lived depending on wildlife exploitations for food and sale.
Finally, around 16.00 P.M you will take motorboat heading back to Siem Reap. Around at 18.00 P.M you will arrive in your hotel.
- Inclusions -
- Extras -
- BUFFALO TRAILS works with local people to let them having opportunities to benefit from our tour by providing their basic services which have cooking, paddle boat tour organized by community project and local guide.
Customers must bring sun protected cream.
In order to prevent the bad impact, customers need to hear upper shoulder tee shirt and lower knee pan, and do not litter local environment,take of your shoes before entering local family homes.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Buffalo Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion - 3 days from 110 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong - 15 days from 1900 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Koh Ker Explorer - 2 days from 135 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 6 days from 198 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Cambodias Shrines & Shores - 10 days from 1315 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer... - 2 days from 175 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh - 4 days from 250 GBP
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Road to Angkor - 5 days from 338 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Prek Toal Bird Watching
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.