Koh Ker Explorer
- Price from:
- 135 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- Your Hotel
- Location Finish:
- Your Hotel
- Start time:
- 07.30 am
- We Speak:
Last updated: 05/08/2009
Photo Adventure Tours are organized in a unique and flexible way for those who really want to get the heart of Cambodia. This unique 4WD tour combines Beng Mealea,Banteay Srey, Kbal Spean and Koh Ker.
We start off early to the small Hindu Temple of Banteay Srey. It has fabulous carvings and is best seen from 7:30 to 9:00 before the big tour groups start arriving. We have time for a coffee or snack before continuing our tour. We have a short drive along the south of Kulen mountain to Kbal Spean and the 1000 Linga River. It is a steep climb through beautiful jungle to the upper river. The lingas on the riverbed were carved nearly 1000 years ago are unique in the world.
The waters from the spring which feeds the Siem Reap River, wash over the lingas and cascade down to a lovely waterfall. Ancient carvings of Hindu deities and animals dress the stones and hundreds of brightly coloured butterflies complete the scene.
We have a late lunch at a beautiful semi open-air restaurant with views of the surrounding garden and hills. We continue to Koh Ker for an late afternoon visit and see sunset from the Prasat Thom the highest pyramid the Khmers ever built. We stay overnight at a small village guest house near Koh Ker .
We have most of the morning to see this ancient city of Koh Ker. There are around 35 major temples spread over an area of 20sq Kms
Most of the temples are of brick, built over 1000 years ago. Some are in remarkable condition; others are in a picturesque state of ruin and cloaked in vegetation.
It is a photographic wonder; especially in the rainy season.
We drive south to Beng Mealea; where we have lunch and spend the rest of the afternoon exploring this exciting jungle ruin; which for many is the highlight of their trip to Cambodia.
- Inclusions -
- 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast , 1 night accommodation, water, snacks, road payments, English speaking POA Guide. Entrance tickets at Beng Mealea & Koh Ker.
- Extras -
- 1 pax $390; 2 pax $210; 3 pax $160 4-8 pax $135/each
This tour is best done on the last day of your temple pass which is needed for Kbal Spean and Banteay Srey.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Prek Toal Bird Watching - from 75 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Buffalo Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion - 3 days from 110 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong - 15 days from 1900 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 6 days from 198 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Cambodias Shrines & Shores - 10 days from 1315 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer... - 2 days from 175 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh - 4 days from 250 GBP
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Road to Angkor - 5 days from 338 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Koh Ker Explorer
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.