Cambodias Shrines & Shores
- Price from:
- 1315 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Siem Reap
- Location Finish:
- Phnom Penh
- We Speak:
- Italian, French, German, English
Last updated: 10/29/2008
There are also many fascinating temples and shrines, and more amazing photo opportunities, outside of Siem Reap and Angkor in places like Roulous and Kampong Thom.
Arrive Siem Reap
Upon arrival at Siem Reap International airport, you'll be met by your guide and driver, who will provide you with some insight into your upcoming odyssey into Angkor Park, home to more than 100 temples which date back from the 9th to the 13th centuries. After lunch, you will transfer by motor trailer (also called a tuk-tuk) to the place that many consider to be the masterpiece of Khmer architecture, Angkor Wat, a massive temple with details that include carvings and reliefs that depict scenes of Hindu mythology and Cambodian history. Later in the evening , you will enjoy dinner at an atmospheric restaurant.
Overnight at Tara Angkor Hotel, Siem Reap. (L,D)
Siem Reap - Roulous Group - Kampong Phluck - Siem Reap
This morning, transfer to the Roulous temple group, constructed in the 8th and 9th century and consisting of three main temples (Bakong, Lolei and Preah Ko) situated in an ancient center of Khmer civilization known as Hariharalaya. From there, your journey through Siem Reap's beautiful countryside will continue and you will get in touch with rural Cambodia and its friendly people at the temples and places like the Kmapong Phluck floating village. Upon finishing lunch at a local house, you will explore a flooded forest and enjoy the scenery of the mighty Tonle Sap Lake. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore as you wish.
Overnight at Tara Angkor Hotel, Siem Reap (B,L,D)
Siem Reap - Angkor Complex - Siem Reap
After breakfast, set out for Ta Phrom, a temple overgrown by fig and silk-cotton trees which gives it a mystic and romantic appeal. Continue to Angkor Thom and Bayon, the only temple in Cambodia whose carvings depict scenes of every day life at the time of the empire. Other temples and structures on the itinerary for this day include Baphuon, Phimeanakas, the Terrace of the Elephants, the Terrace of the Leper King, Preah Kahn, Neak Poan and the Eastern Mebon. As you dine this evening, enjoy a traditional Khmer Ballet to cap off this amazing day.
Overnight at Tara Angkor Hotel, Siem Reap. (B,L,D)
Siem Reap - Kampong Thom - Phnom Penh
Set off to Kampong Thom, home to the famous temple site of Sambor Prey Kuk. Set amidst the forests and surrounded by small footpaths, the area is best explored by foot or on bicycles. After a picnic lunch, continue to Cambodia's busting capital. Phnom Penh has a mixture of old French colonial architecture and modern western-style buildings and its charm is accentuated by its location along the Tonle and Mekong Rivers.
Overnight at Villa Langka, Phnom Penh. (B,L,D)
This morning ride in a local cyclo as you explore the capital. Visit the opulent Silver Pagoda which is situated within the grounds of the Royal Place, the residence of the King and Queen. Learn about the country's ancient history at the National Museum which houses the world's foremost collection of ancient Khmer archaeological, religious, and artistic artifacts. After a delicious lunch, continue by cyclo to Wat Phnom, a temple situated in the northern part of the city. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at your leisure before having dinner at a nearby restaurant.
Overnight at Villa Langka, Phnom Penh. (B,L,D)
Phnom Penh - Sihanoukville
Drive south to Sihanoukville, a port city situated on the Gulf of Thailand. After checking in to your hotel, the afternoon is free to fill in with activities of your choice including relaxing on the beach, going for a swim in the hotel's pool, or exploring the city at your leisure. A minibus will at your disposal in Sihanoukville and can transfer you anywhere you wish to go during this time.
Overnight at Independence Hotel, Sihanoukville. (B)
Sihanoukville - Ream - Sihanoukville
Today take an excursion to Ream National Park, a great place to explore Cambodia's natural and cultural environments. The first half of the day is a boating tour through the mangroves of the park to observe flora and fauna and the lives of local fishermen. Climb to the top of Ream's viewing tower for excellent views and a quick snack and drink. Then, continue via boat to the deserted island of Koh Sam Pouch for lunch and an afternoon of swimming or snorkeling. As the day comes to a close, transfer back to Sihanoukville for dinner.
Overnight at Independence Hotel, Sihanoukville. (B,L,D)
Sihanoukville - Kep
After breakfast at the hotel follow the coast east to the sleepy coastal town of Kep. En route, stop at the magnificent Kbal Chhay waterfalls for a refreshing swim and chance to explore. Continue to the riverside town of Kampot and enjoy the views of the nearby Elephant Mountains as you take a short walking tour through town. Finally, reach the seaside town of Kep where relaxing beaches and excellent seafood await.
Overnight at Veranda Natural Resort, Kep. (B,L,D)
Kep - Phnom Penh
Enjoy the morning at your leisure along the beaches in Kep. In the early afternoon, return to Phnom Penh for your final night in Cambodia's capital. If time allows, you may want to consider an optional visit to the famous âRussian Market' where local vendors sell everything from clothes to souvenirs to DVD's. The rest of the evening is yours to spend as you please.
Overnight at Villa Langka, Phnom Penh.
Depart Phnom Penh
After breakfast, the morning is at your leisure until it is time to transfer to the airport for departure. During this time, reflect on the amazing experiences you had and the fantastic memories you created. We hope you enjoyed your stay with Exotissimo and we look forward to traveling with you again in the future! (B)
- Inclusions -
- Transfer & back-up by private A/C vehicles & Airport transfers from and to airport
- Exclusions -
- Visa on Arrival for Cambodia (USD20)
- Extras -
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people travelling together during high season and sharing a twin or double room.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Prek Toal Bird Watching - from 75 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Buffalo Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion - 3 days from 110 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong - 15 days from 1900 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Koh Ker Explorer - 2 days from 135 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 6 days from 198 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer... - 2 days from 175 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh - 4 days from 250 GBP
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Road to Angkor - 5 days from 338 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Cambodias Shrines & Shores
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.