Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong
- Price from:
- 1900 USD /person
- 0845 638 1415
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 05/18/2009
This is an exciting and well paced itinerary combining Cambodia and Vietnam. You will spend just over 2 weeks visiting some of the highlights of South East Asia.
Fly overnight to Siem Reap
Three nights accommodation at The F.C.C Angkor and two days with a guide and driver exploring the majestic temples of Angkor. You'll visit the famous temple Angkor Wat as well as Angkor Thom. A truly amazing temple that is one of the last remains of a once great civilization that ruled the area. Check out this documentary to understand the history behind the temple,
Explore Bayon a richly decorated Khmer temple Built in the late 12th century or early 13th century as the official state temple of the Mahayana Buddhist King Jayavarman VII, the Bayon stands at the centre of Jayavarman's capital, Angkor Thom.
Take the time to go and visit Ta Phrom is overgown with the roots and limbs of Banyan Trees and famously featured in the Tombraider films!
A 50 minute morning flight down to Phnom Penh and an afternoon tour of Phnom Penh. You will visit the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, Emerald Buddha and the National Museum.
You'll also have the chance to visit Toul Sleng, formerly used by the Pol Pot regime as a detention centre this is a quite moving example of the difficulties faced by all in Cambodia between 1975 & 1979. Accommodation is at the Pavilion hotel.
You will begin your journey from Phnom Penh in Cambodia into Vietnam with a 4 hour trip by speedboat along the Mekong River. You'll cross the border and disembark in Chau Doc
you'll travel by car to Can Tho where you will stay overnight. Both Chau Doc and Can Tho are fascinating towns in the heart of the Mekong Delta, dominated by water with excellent opportunities to experience real Vietnamese life and visit numerous floating markets.
An afternoon departure from Can Tho to Ho Chi Minh City.
You'll stay for three nights at The Duxton which is in an excellent location to explore this vibrant city.
Whilst in Ho Chi Minh City either a guided morning city tour or a half day trip to the Cu Chi tunnels is included.
Time for some rest and relaxation!
Today you will transfer to the Phan Thiet/Mui Ne area for a lovely 4 night's relaxation by the beach at the Sailing Club.
Extra nights can be added on if you have more time to spare.
Relax on the beautiful and peaceful beach. Take the time to have a relaxing beach break.
Why not try out some of the beach and water sport activities on offer. Or sample some of the excellent seafood in one of the local restaurants.
Its the last day of your trip and you seen some some of the best sites in south east Asia. You could go into town and do some last minute shopping or enjoy the beach for one last day.
Transfer back to Ho Chi Minh City for your overnight flight to the UK. Alternatively, if you have more time to spare we can arrange extra nights at the Sailing Club or extend your trip to include another week travelling further up into Central and Northern Vietnam.
- Extras -
- This is an exciting and well paced itinerary combining Cambodia and Vietnam. You will spend just over 2 weeks visiting some of the highlights of South East Asia. From the Temples of Angkor and the city of Phnom Penh youâ€ll travel into Vietnam by boat via the scenic and vibrant Mekong River. In Vietnam youâ€ll have time to experience the floating markets and daily life of the people who live in the Mekong Delta before exploring bustling Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). Youâ€ll end your trip with a few days of well earned relaxation on one of Vietnam's many great beaches.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Prek Toal Bird Watching - from 75 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Buffalo Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion - 3 days from 110 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Koh Ker Explorer - 2 days from 135 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 6 days from 198 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Cambodias Shrines & Shores - 10 days from 1315 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer... - 2 days from 175 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh - 4 days from 250 GBP
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Road to Angkor - 5 days from 338 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.