- Price from:
- 198 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Siem Reap, Ta Som Guesthouse (free pick up from arrival point in Siem Reap)
- Location Finish:
- Phnom Penh, Capitol Guesthouse
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/01/2009
Discover all highlights of Cambodia in one tour! 6 days, 5 nights, US$ 198
Admire famous Angkor temples, Tonle Sap Lake by boat, overland trip to Phnom Penh, citytour. Many special extras included!
DAY 1: Angkor Thom and Angkor Wat
Pick up from your arrival point in Siem Reap ( Bus - / Boat station / airport ), transfer and check in Ta Som Guesthouse. Welcome drink and cold towel upon check in.
In your room, we provide a tropical fruit basket upon arrival.
In air conditioned car, drive with your our experienced English speaking local tour guide to the nearby Angkor Archaeological Park, UNESCO-World Heritage site since 1992.
Visit of Angkor Thom
Entering this once largest city of the world form the South Gate, you admire the street of 108 gods and devils.
Study Bayon Temple, with its famous face tours (the "smile" of Angkor) and bas reliefs from the 14th century, depicting the daily life that doesn't seem to have much changed until now.
Easy walking tour to Baphuon Temple and Phimenakas Temple.
We walk further to the Terrasse of Elephants and Terrasse of Yama (the so called lepra king) and see the fantastic reliefs.
Time for optional lunch in a local restaurant with good view to the historical central place of Angkor Thom. You should try the good noodle soup!
Visit of Angkor Wat
In the afternoon, with the best light, intensive visit of world famous Angkor Wat temple.
Optional: You can start your visit by riding a balloon (staying on the same place, around 15 minutes!). Great roundview. Take your best fotos!
Study the fantastic bas reliefs of Angkor Wat, the largest in the world!
The reliefs depict scenes of Hindu mythology (like the famous churning of the milk sea).
Don't miss climbing up to the third level of this holy place, where once only the Angkorian priests and kings have worshipped their gods.
Enjoy the great roundview and take your time for meditation.
Sunset from Phnom Bakheng (very busy but famous for sunset) or Preh Rup, a lovely and quiet place to reflect your discoveries in Angkor.
Transfer back to Ta Som Guesthouse for optional dinner in our Ta Som Garden Restaurant.
Try the famous traditional Amok Fish, delicious and not spicy!
DAY 2: ANGKOR
You shouldn't miss the fantastic sunrise in Angkor Wat - a unique experience!
Transfer from Ta Som Guesthouse to Angkor Wat with your driver (without tourguide for sunrise!).
After sunrise, you meet your tourguide and have at first breakfast (as breakfast box) on the picturesque Srah Srang Water Basin. Enjoy this quite place, the former royal bath.
Start for a walking tour through Banteay Kdei and Ta Prohm, the so called "jungle temples". This tour has a special itinerary. It's easy and takes us about two hours. Enjoy to "feel" and to "smell" Angkor! (If you want, the walking tour can be shortened up to one hour, according to your condition.)
The EFEO (Ecole Francaise d'ExtrÃªme-Orient) has decided to keep Ta Prohm Temple overgrown by the jungle, in the estate where the first explorers and "rediscoverers" of Angkor, like Henri Mouhot or Lunet de LajonquiÃ¨re, saw the whole area.
Time for lunch in front of the gigantic Western face gopuram (Western temple entrance) of Ta Prohm in a local restaurant (optional).
In the afternoon, we explore Preah Khan temple (with huge trees overgrowing the ruins). The temple complex has been ideally restored by the World Monument Fund. Learn about the enormous looting problem in Angkor and the important savegarding and preservation activities of the WMF.
Go on seeing the most important tempels on the "grand circuit", like Neak Pean (holy bath) and the Eastern Mebon (with Elephant statues).
Our extra special:
As Ta Som Temple gave the name to our Guesthouse and Tour Agency,
the visit of this marvellous small temple is also included in this tour!
Ta Som means "the ancestor", king Jayavarman VII dedicated this temple to his teacher.
Enjoy the famous eastern gopuram of Ta Som, which is depicted on our logo. Take your picture!
Sunset from Pre Rup or from another place (according to day 1).
Transfer back to Ta Som Guesthouse, optional dinner.
On this second day, you should try the traditional beef loklak, together with a refreshing pineapple juice or tropical fruit shake!
After your second day in the temples, you will be certainly tired and you will enjoy the included traditional Khmer massage in your air conditioned room.
Relax and revitalize your body for the next days in Angkor!
DAY 3: TONLE SAP LAKE & BANTEAY SREI
After your breakfast in Ta Som Guesthouse,
enjoy your boat trip on the Tonle Sap Lake to see the floating village of Chong Kneas. Visit the traditional fish farm and the crocodile farm and learn about fishing techniques and life on the water.
In the afternoon, enjoy your journey through picturesque cultural landscape with rice paddies and sugar palms in the Northern part of the Angkor Archaeological Park.
Visit another highlight of Angkor: the famous and precious Banteay Srei Temple.
Banteay Srei means "the citadel of the women" and is reknown because of its incredible sandstone carvings looking like wood. It really deserves the name "diamond of Angkor".
You also visit Banteay Samre Temple.
In the evening, enjoy a traditional Apsara dance show with a delicious dinner buffet.
DAY 4: From Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
& Mekong sunset cruise
After breakfast, go by Capitol bus from Siem Reap on the old Angkorian road via Kampong Thom and Skuon ("spider city") to the capital Phnom Penh.
Enjoy your journey of 314 km through the rich farmlands and the scenery of rice fields, water buffaloes and authentic Khmer village life.
Check-in Capitol Guesthouse and time for leisure.
In the evening, enjoy a romantic Mekong river sunset cruise on a traditional wood boat. Relax on the boat and enjoy great views on the âPhnom Penh skylineâ (Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, Mekong riverside promenade) during sunset.
DAY 5: ROYAL PHNOM PENH
In the morning, visit Wat Phnom. See the different shrines of Theravada and Mahayana budhhism and enjoy this quiet place in the heart of the capital.
Visit the Tuol Sleng Museum for genocide, and learn about this cruel part of Cambodian history.
Continue to famous National Museum with the worldwide largest collection of Khmer art. You will see lots of masterpieces of Khmer bronzes, bas-reliefs and sculptures, like the famous reclining Vishnu (from Western Baray) and the stone sculptured head of Jayavarman VII, the most powerful of all Angkorian kings. The Museum gives an excellent overview of Angkorian history and art and invites you to sum up your visits of Angkor.
Go on your program with the Royal Palace and its highly decorated throne hall, the flowered royal gardens and of course the famous Silver Pagoda. See the model of Angkor Wat giving you a bird eyes' view of the whole temple area.
By traditional âcycloâ you will be driven from the Royal Palace to the colourful Central Market. This cyclo tour is certainly one of the highlights of your Phnom Penh program.
Explore the market area and have lunch in Suriya Market with lots of all kinds of foodstands (exclusive).
Overnight in Capitol Guesthouse.
After check-out, transfer to airport / boat - / bus station.
End of services.
Have a nice trip to your next destination.
- Inclusions -
- - Transportation by air conditioned car or minibus (depending on number of persons). - Transportation by air conditioned Capitol bus on day 4 from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh.
- Exclusions -
- Personal expenses and others not stated above.
- Extras -
- The price is in US-Dollar per person.
Siem Reap / Angkor: Ta Som Guesthouse (3 nights)
Phnom Penh: Capitol Guesthouse (2 nights)
Accomodation in air conditioned rooms with private ensuite bathroom
with cold/ hot water, minibar, Sat TV
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Prek Toal Bird Watching - from 75 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Buffalo Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion - 3 days from 110 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong - 15 days from 1900 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Koh Ker Explorer - 2 days from 135 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Cambodias Shrines & Shores - 10 days from 1315 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer... - 2 days from 175 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh - 4 days from 250 GBP
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Road to Angkor - 5 days from 338 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Cambodia Classic
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.