Buffalo Cart Trek
- Price from:
- 35 USD /person
- +855 12 297 506
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Your hotel
- Location Finish:
- At your hotel
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- End time:
- 12.30 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 10/02/2009
Get out of town with Buffalo Cart Trek in the countryside giving you a different feeling and view for your visit in Siem Reap.
Meet and talk with locals, learn weaving crafts and rice planting, etc.
The morning tour starts at 7.00 A.M pick up from hotel.
The afternoon tour starts at 13.30 P.M pick up from hotel.
When you arrive in a village located eighteen kilometers East of Siem Reap where is not influenced by tourism, you will have a short walk about 30 minutes to see the local families, children, and local pagoda and across the rice paddy pass roads. There, you will see lifestyle of locals and countryside landscape.
Then, stop at a local house, and have your breakfast (Tea, coffee, cake and fruit). After that, you will take buffalo cart/ox cart riding across the village and rice paddy. During the tour, you have time to stop for a short walk in the village, and along the pass road of rice paddies. Your guide will explain you about agricultural and social information, education and health situation of locals. Then come back to a family house where a group of women make handicrafts from palm-leaves such as mat, birds and cake, and hammock from water hyacinth. You are able to learn with women they will be happy to teach you how to do.
- Inclusions -
- Transport from and to your hotel
- Extras -
- We would like to inform our eco-rules bellow:
BUFFALO TRAILS is a sustainable and responsible tour operator. We request all customers follow our eco- tourism rules:
respect local culture, traditions and beliefs
refrain from wearing revealing clothing (cover shoulders and upper legs)
ask locals permission to take photos
do not litter local environment
remove shoes before entering the local family homes
do not encourage begging, particularly with children.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Prek Toal Bird Watching - from 75 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion - 3 days from 110 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong - 15 days from 1900 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Koh Ker Explorer - 2 days from 135 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 6 days from 198 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Cambodias Shrines & Shores - 10 days from 1315 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer... - 2 days from 175 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh - 4 days from 250 GBP
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Road to Angkor - 5 days from 338 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Buffalo Cart Trek
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.