Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion
- Price from:
- 110 USD /person
- +855 12 297 506
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/08/2009
If you would like to visit not only temples, come and make different excursions with our tour agent. We offer original treks beyond Angkor Wat temples such lifestyle, craft makings, and landscape...
Pick up from your hotel at 6.30 A.M
Begin the visit of Angkor Thom constructed as last capital of the Angkorian Empire by a famous King Jayavarman VII and take a walking tour for about one and half hours along nature tails where you can really feel freshness in early morning providing by wonderful nature creations such giant trees, wild orchids, and colourful butterflies, wild flowers, and insects, etc. If you like to do bird watching, there are many interesting species recommended,You will picnic breakfast nearby by a small temple.
The walking trail ends at Bayon temple; which has become the most recognizable images connected to classic Khmer art and architecture. And then, visit the Terrace of the Elephants with two and a half-meter tall, 300 meter long terrace wall adorned with carving elephants and garudas, and the Terrace of the Leper King with deeply carved nagas demons and other mythological beings.
Finally, you will finish your visit of Baphuon temple behind Terrace of the Elephants which constructed for Hindu religion. And then, you will be transferred to a nearby village, and take Cambodian cooking class with a local family, and having lunch in that local house. After lunch time, you take a rest on Cambodian hammocks under a traditional house.
At 14.00 P.M, visit of craft making families in the village there are many men and women work on handicraft production, because it is a key source of incomes for numerous villagers. There are different techniques for wooden carvings to produce oxen cart, musical instruments, wooden birds, animals..., etc. If you would like to know how to make a craft, you are able to learn with them. Finally, you have time to see Ta Prohm temple, it is a must- see temple which left partially un-restored, massive fig and silk-cotton trees grow from the towers and corridors offering a jungle atmosphere' and some of the best tree-in-temple'.
You will picnic your breakfast along temple moat.
Visit of Angkor Wat temple, It is a massive three-tired pyramid crowned by five lotus-like towers rising 65 meters from ground level. Suryavarman II constructed Angkor Wat in the form of a massive temple-mountain dedicated to the Hindu god, Vishnu.
After then, you will discover village life and handicraft makings, you will have a walking tour for two hours along village and rice fields witness many traditional wooden houses and meet friendly people. The handicraft technique is different to another village where you visited first day because in this village local people utilise palm leaf to make different sorts of products.
The landscape and local life styles along walking trails are real authenticities of Cambodia. You finish your visit at a brick made temple nearby the village.
You will have lunch at local house same family to first day program, and after lunch, you will take a rest on hammocks and then have a walk along village trails to discover village life, and handicrafts, and local school at different parts of village compares with first day.
Before the end of the day, you will take a walking tour across picturesque villages and rice fields to see sunset at Pre Rup temple, this place is well- known and quite authentic. After sunset visit, return to your hotel.
You will picnic your breakfast along road.
This day is a discovery to remote temples for the morning time to north of Siem Reap town for 50 km. Visit of Kbal Spean, river of 1000 Lingas on Kolen Mountain carving on natural stone onto river, where you will trek onto mountain to the site. It is a charming and amazing site with a wonderful view while water of river flows across the status and those Lingas. At the same site, you will take a tour with Wildlife Conservation and Rehabilitation Centre at Sbal Spean, it is a must :see project initiated by a Cambodian who loved nature and wildlife. The centre provides fee guiding but after visit during your visit.
Then, return for a visit to Banteay Srey temple loosely translates to citadel of women. But it probably refers to the delicate beauty of the carvings. Banteay Srey displays some of the finest examples of classical Khmer art. The walls are densely covered with some of the most beautiful, deep and intricate carvings of any ambiance. After that, you will picnic lunch at mango and dragon fruit farm at a calm area, and take a rest for afternoon break.
Before end of the day, visit to wild orchid area where protected and guided by local villager, this orchid is classified as endangered flower species on earth. It is absolutely interesting area where discovered by our tour company. And then, have a walking tour along the village trails and finally, you can climb up on Phnom Bakeng (Bakeng hill), to catch up sunset view across Eastern Barray lake.
- Inclusions -
- An experienced and certified temple guide
- Exclusions -
- Temple pass: $80 (Can be used for one week)
- Extras -
- We would like to inform our eco-rules bellow:
BUFFALO TRAILS is a sustainable and responsible tour operator. We request all customers follow our eco- tourism rules:
respect local culture, traditions and beliefs
refrain from wearing revealing clothing (cover shoulders and upper legs)
ask locals permission to take photos
do not litter local environment
remove shoes before entering the local family homes
do not encourage begging, particularly with children.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Prek Toal Bird Watching - from 75 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Buffalo Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong - 15 days from 1900 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Koh Ker Explorer - 2 days from 135 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 6 days from 198 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Cambodias Shrines & Shores - 10 days from 1315 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer... - 2 days from 175 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh - 4 days from 250 GBP
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Road to Angkor - 5 days from 338 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.