2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer Empire
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 175 USD /person
- 353 91 522473 / 855 12 9
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- Siem Reap
- Location Finish:
- Siem Reap
- Start time:
- 07.30 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Japanese
Last updated: 05/31/2008
Exciting 2 day, walking & trecking adventure to Beng Melea & Koh Ker Temples and to small villages nearby.Overnight in a Cambodian stiled house. Discover the essence of Khmer culture, history and life
7.30am Depart through Angkor complex to begin the two hour journey to Koh Ker
Phnom Bok - a steep hill with a flat summit 20kms outside Angkor complex. It contains ivy clad sandstone temples dating from the 9th century & spectacular views. Once occupied by the KR & still maintained by the army as a post, one can see oiled rotary machine guns and other relics of a war gone by. Expected trek to be 20 minutes to reach the top.
Depart for Beng Melea temple, thought to be the protoype for Angkor Wat and is situated on the old Angkorian highway that connects to the Great Phreah Khan of Kampong Svay. It has over 11 galleries and filed with hanging ferns and butterflies : just what you imagine you would find in Cambodia!
Lunch in Beng Melea at a local restaurant. Tasty.
Continue on to Svay Leu, 15kms away from Beng Melea to visit their small market. This marks the last location of a large village and a crossroads market.
As we travel to Koh Ker our guide will explain Kulen Mountain as we pass by the base of it, the complex of Koh Ker and its place in the ancient Cambodia empire, the number of temples to be found and the related symbolism and its history to date, including the French explorers, during the Khmer rouge to it present day protection under Apsara Authority, other wise know as the Key to Angkor
Vehicle will drop guests at temples and continue to ready lodge for overnight and dinner.
Tour of a small temple but it is adviseed that guest walk and return to lodge well before sunset so that showers etc can be had in the light and to get a sense of the village life & have time to relax before dinner.
Dinner in the balcony overlook the village with a view of Koh Ker Temple and overnight.
Full day exploring Koh Ker and it villages.
Following breakfast, Walk through Koh Ker Village and explain the house, the community structure, the agri practices, the hunting tradition, the school and the history of the village. Walk to the second built well in Koh Ker. Continue on to a second village, expected 30 minute walk or travel by oxen and cart. 4 kms.
Suggestions: Bring two water filters with the group $14 x 2 to present to village chief as a token. This is a very poor village and Hidden Cambodia has built two wells here to facilitate the 80 families who like here.
Return to tour temples of Koh Ker and return for lunch in Koh Ker Village, cooked by Ms Choen.
Time allowing Walk to Rum Jake, a flat sandy path through the forest, inaccessible by vehicle.
Depart for Siem Reap at 3.30pm
Celebratory drinks at Hidden Cambodia base on arrival.
- Inclusions -
- Including 4WD air-conditioned Monterro vehicle, all transport costs, entry into Beng Melea temple, Koh Ker complex and Phnom Bok, 1 lunch at Beng Meela, 1 breakfast, 1 barbequed lunch and dinner with traveling support cook, light beverages, road payments, levies and entry in to Koh Ker and surrounding temples, English speaking HC Guide, local guide and guides from Koh Ker area to tour there.
- Exclusions -
- laundry, personal phonce calls, medical insurance
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Siem Reap
- Horse Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Prek Toal Bird Watching - from 75 USD
- Kompong Khleang Stilted Village - from 45 USD
- Buffalo Cart Trek - from 35 USD
- Walking Tour - from 30 USD
- Angkor Temple Nature Trek and Villages Excursion - 3 days from 110 USD
- Angkor Wat Discovery - 4 days from 221 USD
- Cambodia to Vietnam via Mekong - 15 days from 1900 USD
- Trek Angkor 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 706 USD
- Koh Ker Explorer - 2 days from 135 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 6 days from 198 USD
- Angkor Discovery - 4 days from 335 USD
- Cambodia In Depth - 10 days from 1005 USD
- Cambodias Shrines & Shores - 10 days from 1315 USD
- Best Indochina Treasure 25 Days - 25 days from 2785 USD
- Biking Angkor Wat - 3 days from 254 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Phnom Penh Tours - 6 days from 383 USD
- Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 5 days from 297 USD
- Siem Reap A World of Heritages - 4 days from 300 USD
- Signature of Indochina - 21 days from 2280 USD
- Temples of Angkor & Phnom Penh - 4 days from 250 GBP
- Treasure Indochina - 16 days from 1836 USD
- Angkor Classic A 3 Days - 3 days from 154 USD
- Angkor Classic B 4 Days - 4 days from 200 USD
- Road to Angkor - 5 days from 338 USD
- Impression of Cambodia & Vietnam - 9 days from 1000 USD
- Impression of Vietnam & Cambodia - 9 days from 1000 USD
- The lights of Angkor - 4 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - 2 day 4WD treking to Koh Ker, Anceint capital of the Khmer Empire
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.