Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northeastern Adventure
- Price from:
- 960 USD /person
- +84 4 9045049
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Phnom Penh
- Location Finish:
- Stung Treng
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 09/18/2007
Ride in Cambodia with Dancing Roads. Cambodia motorcycle expedition, vacation.
From Phnom Penh, we ride to Kompong Cham Province via the town of Skuon, famous for its deep fried tarantulas! In Kompong Cham we take a look at the hilltop temples of Phnom Srey Phnom Bros (Woman and Man Mountain). After lunch in Kompong Cham we follow a scenic trail along the Mekong river through numerous fishing villages to the quiet, riverside town of Kratie. where we spend the night in a comfortable new riverside hotel.
A relaxing day around Kratie. Take a boat onto the Mekong to catch a glimpse of Cambodia's rare Irrawady dolphins, and have lunch on stilted platforms over the river. After lunch we visit the hilltop pagoda of Mouy Rouy and take a ride through Kratie's villages and countryside for a feel of rural life.
We leave Kratie on Route 7 before joining the old route to Mondulkiri; a winding trail through the wilderness to the provincial capital of Sen Monorom. A great day's ride with river crossings, and ox-cart tracks for those up for an adventure!
Leaving Sen Monorom, we take an ox-cart track through forests and rivers to Bousra waterfall, the largest in Cambodia. After that it's short bike ride to the elephant-trekking village, where we alight our bikes in favour of a different kind of ride. Guided by hill tribe members, we travel by elephant through the jungle, hills and hill tribe regions of this stunning province before returning to Sen Monorom and our pretty bungalow lodging.
We begin our journey through one of the most remote and beautiful regions of the country, aptly nicknamed 'Death Highway' for its adventurous conditions. Riding through sand, ruts and elephant grass, we arrive in the isolated village of Koh Nheak, where we fill up on supplies and stay the night with a local family.
And so the 'Death Highway' continues! Crossing the Srey Pok River, the fictitious dwelling of Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now, we make our way to Banlung, the provincial capital of Rattanakiri. We spend the rest of the day relaxing at the breathtaking volcanic lake of Yeak Laom, believed to have been formed over 700,000 years ago. Surrounded by bamboo groves, this area is considered sacred by local hill tribes.
After breakfast, we begin our day with a ride to Voeunsai National Park. Here we transfer to a boat and head upriver to a Jarai minority village, where we learn about their everyday lives and animist beliefs, visiting their haunting cemetery with its totems and ghost houses. After returning to Banlung, spend the rest of the day at your leisure around this quiet provincial capital.
As our journey nears its end we depart Banlung and head through the lush jungles of Rattanakiri on our way to Stung Treng. From there it's a short boat ride up the Mekong River to the Laos border, where we bid our farewells to Cambodia.
Alternative Itinerary for 6 day trip:
Day 1: (replaces days 1-3 in above route): We make our way through the rubber plantations of Memut and Kompong Cham, and then the hills of Mondulkiri province before arriving in Sen Monorom.
- Inclusions -
- Contact us for more details.
- Exclusions -
- Contact us for more details.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Phnom Penh
- Cambodia Discovery - 6 days from 584 USD
- Trek Rattanakiri - 11 days from 1430 USD
- Motorbiking Adventure Cambodia - 14 days from 2238 USD
- 8 Days Cycling Cambodia - 8 days from 1010 USD
- Along the Mekong to Saigon - 3 days from 135 GBP
- On the Road to Thailand - 2 days from 142 GBP
- Cambodia Beach Getaway - 5 days from 230 GBP
- Passage through Cambodia - 7 days from 348 GBP
- Angkor Wat Round Trip - 7 days from 225 GBP
- Mekong & Dolphins and Laos - 4 days from 121 GBP
- Cambodia Heritage - 5 days from 500 USD
- Phnom Penh Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 7 days from 441 USD
- Colors of Cambodia - 6 days from 370 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 5 days from 315 USD
- Angkor Classic C 5 Days - 5 days from 468 USD
- Angkor Classic - 3 days from 147 USD
- Phnom Penh Classic - 3 days from 106 USD
- Cambodia 7 Days Tour Phnom Penh & Siem Reap Angkor Wat - 7 days from 595 USD
- Northern temple Trail - 5 days from 625 USD
- Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 8 days from 920 USD
- Gastronomic Delights of Cambodia - 6 days from 352 GBP
- Cambodia in a Nutshell - 5 days from 233 GBP
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kratie Stung Treng - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 6 days from 720 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northern Temple Trail - 7 days from 840 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kampot - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Koh Kong - 4 days from 480 USD
- Back to Cambodia - 5 days from 243 USD
- Cambodia Forever - 5 days from 243 USD
Email the tour operator - Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northeastern Adventure
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.