Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kampot
- Price from:
- 480 USD /person
- +84 4 9045049
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Phnom Penh
- Location Finish:
- Phnom Penh
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 09/18/2007
Phnom Penh - Kep - Rabbit Island - Kampot - Bokor - Phnom Penh in 4 days / 3 nights. Motorcycling has been the best way to see the country due to the nature of road conditions here.
We leave Phnom Penh and ride to the southern village of Tani Tuk Meas, where we catch a 'lori'. This unique form of local transport consists of a bamboo platform powered by a motorcycle-engine, and is definitely a quirky highlight of our southern tour!
Passing picturesque limestone formations, we arrive at the village of Kompong Trach, hometown of your guide, Paeng. Here we visit cave temples and a local mountain pagoda, where the roof of one cave has collapsed forming a crater-like skylight and a small, enclosed jungle. From Kompong Trach it's a short trip west to Kep. After a ride along the coast and a mouthwatering seafood dinner, we spend the night in Kep's pretty hillside bungalows overlooking the coastline and Bokor Mountain.
A trip to the Cambodian coast simply would not be complete without some true island relaxation. A short boat ride takes us to neighboring island of 'Koh Tonsai', or Rabbit Island, leaving us to enjoy the beaches, swimming, snorkelling and seafood. The beachfront bungalows of this beautiful and serene island are where we spend the second night of our southern tour.
From Kep we head to Kampot, a riverside town with an amazing mountain backdrop. We stop at Tuk Chou river rapids for lunch, after which we make our way up a winding mountain trail through lush green jungle vegetation. Our destination is the former French hill station of Bokor Mountain, a playground of the rich and famous during the early 1900's which became an eerily deserted ghost town due to civil war. The old casino and hotel must be seen to truly understand Cambodia's former glory years, and offers breathtaking vistas over the entire coastline and national park. After exploring, we settle down for a cool night at the ranger station.
We begin our day on the rooftop of the former Bokor Casino, watching the sun rise over the Gulf of Thailand. Then it's on to Popokvil waterfalls, great for photos during any season.
After leaving Bokor and lunch in Kampot town, we make our return to Phnom Penh.
- Inclusions -
- Contact us for more details.
- Exclusions -
- Contact us for more details.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Phnom Penh
- Cambodia Discovery - 6 days from 584 USD
- Trek Rattanakiri - 11 days from 1430 USD
- Motorbiking Adventure Cambodia - 14 days from 2238 USD
- 8 Days Cycling Cambodia - 8 days from 1010 USD
- Along the Mekong to Saigon - 3 days from 135 GBP
- On the Road to Thailand - 2 days from 142 GBP
- Cambodia Beach Getaway - 5 days from 230 GBP
- Passage through Cambodia - 7 days from 348 GBP
- Angkor Wat Round Trip - 7 days from 225 GBP
- Mekong & Dolphins and Laos - 4 days from 121 GBP
- Cambodia Heritage - 5 days from 500 USD
- Phnom Penh Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 7 days from 441 USD
- Colors of Cambodia - 6 days from 370 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 5 days from 315 USD
- Angkor Classic C 5 Days - 5 days from 468 USD
- Angkor Classic - 3 days from 147 USD
- Phnom Penh Classic - 3 days from 106 USD
- Cambodia 7 Days Tour Phnom Penh & Siem Reap Angkor Wat - 7 days from 595 USD
- Northern temple Trail - 5 days from 625 USD
- Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 8 days from 920 USD
- Gastronomic Delights of Cambodia - 6 days from 352 GBP
- Cambodia in a Nutshell - 5 days from 233 GBP
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kratie Stung Treng - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 6 days from 720 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northern Temple Trail - 7 days from 840 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northeastern Adventure - 8 days from 960 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Koh Kong - 4 days from 480 USD
- Back to Cambodia - 5 days from 243 USD
- Cambodia Forever - 5 days from 243 USD
Email the tour operator - Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kampot
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.