Colors of Cambodia
- Price from:
- 370 USD /person
- +84 4 9439211
- +84 4 9439209
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Phnom Penh
- Location Finish:
- Siem Reap
- We Speak:
- Chinese, French, English
Last updated: 02/23/2008
A special journey into the wonders of Angkor Complex as you will visit several ancient temples there and get deeper insight into the amazing Angkor world.
Phnom Penh arrival
You will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel in Phnom Penh. The rest of day is free at your leisure.
Overnight in Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh (B)
Today we travel outskirt of Phnom Penh to the Killing Fields, where large numbers of people were killed and buried by the Khmer Rouge communist regime which ruled the country during the late 1970s. After lunch we visit the famous Royal Palace and the Wat Phnom Pagoda in the heart of Phnom Penh.
Over night in Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh : Siem Reap(B)
We take a short flight to Siem Reap. On arrival, you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel in Siem Reap.
In the afternoon we enter the South Gate of Angkor Thom Temple and marvel the wonders of the eerie Bayon, the terrace of Elephants and terrace of Leper King. Enjoy the sunset view from Phnom Bakheng.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
The Temples of Angkor (B)
Today we visit the famous Angkor Wat, built for king Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and capital city. The largest and best-preserved temple at the site, it is the only one to have remained a significant religious centrefirst Hindu, then Buddhistsince its foundation.
After lunch we visit Preah Khan Temple, built in the 12th century for King Jayavarman VII. Then spend about half hour journey to reach Banteay Srey, one of the most unusual temples of Angkor, Cambodia. It lies 20 km due north of the main group. It is built largely of red sandstone, which is covered with elaborate and deeply carved decoration.
Overnight in Siem Reap
The Temples of Angkor - continue (B)
After breakfast we continue our journey discovering the wonders of Angkor with visits to several ancient temples. The Prasat Kravan temples: a group of five unique brick towers contain large wall sculptures of Vishnu and Lakshmi. The Banteay Kdei Temple: a massive Buddhist monastery from the latter part of the 12th century is surrounded by for concentric walls. The Srah Srang: a royal bathing Palace, located east of Banteay Kdei. It was constructed in the mid-10th century, and modified in the 12th or 13th century. Ta Prohm Temple: Unlike most of the other Angkor temples, Ta Prohm has been left just it was founded: the photogenic and atmospheric combination of trees growing out of the ruins and the jungle surroundings have made it one of Angkor's most popular temples with visitors. Ta Keo: an incomplete temple in the Khleang style built as the state temple of Jayavarman V. Thommanon: one of a pair Hindu temple built in the end of the 11th century.
This afternoon set out for a cruise on beautiful Tonle Sap Lake, passing a floating village and seeing the daily life of local people there.
Overnight in Siem Reap
Siem Reap departure (B)
Free at leisure. You will be transferred to the airport for return flight.
- Inclusions -
- 5-night hotel accommodation on a twin-share basis with daily breakfast 1 domestic flight from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap (economy class) Private boat trip on the Tonle Sap Lake Local English-speaking guide throughout Private air-conditioned transportation Tour arrival and departure airport transfers Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Exclusions -
- Visa fees Personal Expenses Early check-in and late check-out at the hotels International flights to Indochina Additional expenses in case of force majeure
- Extras -
- Cancellation & Refund
Cancellation notice must be sent to our Discover Mekong office in writing by fax or email. There is no refund for services not utilized. The cancellation fee is as under:
More than 14 days prior to departure date: The deposit paid to us will be valid for one (1) year from the date the deposit received. During this time (365 days) the amount can be applied to other tours and service. After one (1) year, the deposit amount is forfeited
Less than 14 days prior to departure date: Complete forfeiture of deposit.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Phnom Penh
- Cambodia Discovery - 6 days from 584 USD
- Trek Rattanakiri - 11 days from 1430 USD
- Motorbiking Adventure Cambodia - 14 days from 2238 USD
- 8 Days Cycling Cambodia - 8 days from 1010 USD
- Along the Mekong to Saigon - 3 days from 135 GBP
- On the Road to Thailand - 2 days from 142 GBP
- Cambodia Beach Getaway - 5 days from 230 GBP
- Passage through Cambodia - 7 days from 348 GBP
- Angkor Wat Round Trip - 7 days from 225 GBP
- Mekong & Dolphins and Laos - 4 days from 121 GBP
- Cambodia Heritage - 5 days from 500 USD
- Phnom Penh Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 7 days from 441 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 5 days from 315 USD
- Angkor Classic C 5 Days - 5 days from 468 USD
- Angkor Classic - 3 days from 147 USD
- Phnom Penh Classic - 3 days from 106 USD
- Cambodia 7 Days Tour Phnom Penh & Siem Reap Angkor Wat - 7 days from 595 USD
- Northern temple Trail - 5 days from 625 USD
- Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 8 days from 920 USD
- Gastronomic Delights of Cambodia - 6 days from 352 GBP
- Cambodia in a Nutshell - 5 days from 233 GBP
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kratie Stung Treng - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 6 days from 720 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northern Temple Trail - 7 days from 840 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northeastern Adventure - 8 days from 960 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kampot - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Koh Kong - 4 days from 480 USD
- Back to Cambodia - 5 days from 243 USD
- Cambodia Forever - 5 days from 243 USD
Email the tour operator - Colors of Cambodia
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.