- Price from:
- 500 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Phnom Penh
- Location Finish:
- Siem Reap
- We Speak:
- German, Italian, French, English
Last updated: 10/29/2008
This five day in Cambodia takes you from the epicenter of the country's recent tragedy to the glorious crumbling temples of its ancient empire, the Angkor Wat.
Arrive in Phnom Penh and transfer to hotel. This city was once considered one of the most beautiful in the Orient, and despite its recent turbulent history it still retains a colonial charm. A city tour includes the National Museum, the Silver Pagoda, the Royal Palace and Wat Phnom.
Overnight in Phnom Penh.
A short morning flight takes you to Siem Reap, the base for exploring the fabled temples of Angkor and the ancient capital of the Khmer empire. After freshening up, travel through the countryside to the 9th century temples of Rolous.
This afternoon, wander through the galleries of Angkor Wat and gaze at the elaborate bas-relief carvings of this 12th century wonder. As evening approaches, take a seat outside and watch the sun set over Angkor Wat.
Overnight in Siem Reap. (B)
Enjoy a full day of temple touring, from the evocative smiling faces of Bayon to the stunning carvings along the massive wall of the Terrace of the Elephants. Visit the jungle-enclosed Ta Phrom, a temple so unique that it has been featured in Hollywood movies. Finish your day with a climb up to the top of Phnom Bakheng to enjoy the sunset.
Overnight in Siem Reap. (B)
This morning you'll delve into the forest on a visit to Banteay Srei, an elaborately carved pink sandstone temple known as the citadel of women, and continue on to Kbal Spean. Here, water rushes over ancient stone lingas that were carved directly out of the river bed and whose origin still baffles archiologists. More fascinating discoveries await this afternoon as you tour the 'Grand Circuit' temples.
Overnight in Siem Reap.(B)
Depart Siem Reap
Board a boat on the Tonle Sap river to explore the sunken forests and floating houses of the fisherman's village as you motor along Asia's largest freshwater lake. Or, visit the workshops of Artisan's D'Angkor where you can observe local artisans learning traditional crafts which are then sold at their boutique. Shop for one to take home as a unique reminder of your time in Cambodia. After lunch, transfer to the airport for your onward flight. (B)
- Inclusions -
- English-speaking guide throughout program
- Exclusions -
- Visa for Cambodia (Visa issued on arrival, USD 20 / passenger, please bring 1 passport photo)
- Extras -
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people travelling together during high season and sharing a twin or double room.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Phnom Penh
- Cambodia Discovery - 6 days from 584 USD
- Trek Rattanakiri - 11 days from 1430 USD
- Motorbiking Adventure Cambodia - 14 days from 2238 USD
- 8 Days Cycling Cambodia - 8 days from 1010 USD
- Along the Mekong to Saigon - 3 days from 135 GBP
- On the Road to Thailand - 2 days from 142 GBP
- Cambodia Beach Getaway - 5 days from 230 GBP
- Passage through Cambodia - 7 days from 348 GBP
- Angkor Wat Round Trip - 7 days from 225 GBP
- Mekong & Dolphins and Laos - 4 days from 121 GBP
- Phnom Penh Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 7 days from 441 USD
- Colors of Cambodia - 6 days from 370 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 5 days from 315 USD
- Angkor Classic C 5 Days - 5 days from 468 USD
- Angkor Classic - 3 days from 147 USD
- Phnom Penh Classic - 3 days from 106 USD
- Cambodia 7 Days Tour Phnom Penh & Siem Reap Angkor Wat - 7 days from 595 USD
- Northern temple Trail - 5 days from 625 USD
- Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 8 days from 920 USD
- Gastronomic Delights of Cambodia - 6 days from 352 GBP
- Cambodia in a Nutshell - 5 days from 233 GBP
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kratie Stung Treng - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 6 days from 720 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northern Temple Trail - 7 days from 840 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northeastern Adventure - 8 days from 960 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kampot - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Koh Kong - 4 days from 480 USD
- Back to Cambodia - 5 days from 243 USD
- Cambodia Forever - 5 days from 243 USD
Email the tour operator - Cambodia Heritage
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.