Cambodia Beach Getaway
- Price from:
- 230 GBP /person
- 01273 322042
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/19/2009
Deserted islands, fresh crab specialties and spectacular sunsets. Dream away in a hammock or to go on a hike through lush green forests. Relax and enjoy yourself in true Cambodian style.
Phnom Penh - KepAfter breakfast our driver will be waiting to take you to Kep; the drive should take about 4 hours. Along the way you'll visit Phnom Chisor (Phnom = mountain), an ancient Khmer temple on a hill top. It's quite a climb to reach the top, but it will all be worth it when you see the view. Below you'll find two entrance temples at the foot of the mountain. You'll find yourself in quite a rural area with farmers and grazing cows all around. Next you'll continue on towards Angkor Borei, a town that was once the site of an archaeological excavation of which the findings are displayed in a small museum.Sometime in the afternoon you'll arrive in the seaside town of Kep. Kep is a quiet town with fish restaurants and a fine beach. During the weekends this fisherman's town is a favourite among the inhabitants of Phnom Penh. This gives you the opportunity to meet more locals, less tourists. You'll spend the night in a bungalow built against a hill. From here you'll have wide open view of the sea with to the right Bokor Mountain and to the left the Vietnamese island Phu Quoc. Kep is a great home base for visits to deserted islands off the coast and for bike and hiking trips through the forested hills.
KepSpend this second day in Kep as you wish. Either spend the day lounging in a hammock with a good book and an occasional dip in the sea or look for more adventurous ways to spend your day; whatever you choose, there's plenty to do here. Just beyond the bungalows that you will spend the night in, there is a trail over Kep's mountain. There are mountain bikes, scooters and jeeps for rent to explore the area or you could simply go for a walk through the woods, all the while enjoying the sea view. The hotel reception area has more information available. If you want to see most beautiful beaches in Cambodia, don't miss the islands Koh Tonsay (Rabbit Island) or Koh Poh (Coral Island). Koh Tonsay has three white beaches; however Koh Poh is even more beautiful. The coral surrounding this island makes for fascinating underwater explorations. The hotel can arrange your transfer to the pier, a half-hour boat trip and a picnic basket for your pick nick on a white, deserted beach.
Kep - SihanoukvilleAfter breakfast you'll be picked up by your driver and you'll say goodbye to Kep. You'll drive for about 2.5 hours along the southern coast until you reach Sihanoukville. This tropical beach town with four long stretches of beaches and crystal blue seas is still relatively underdeveloped. This area is more developed than the Cambodian beaches at Kep and Kampot, yet it still remains pristine and peaceful. You'll spend two nights at Ochheuteal beach in cosy bungalows only a one minute-walk (seriously) from the beach. Around sunset the Cambodian peddlers sell fresh jumbo shrimp, lobster and ink fish which they grill for you on the bar-b-que as well. While in Sihanoukville you can also visit islands or go on snorkelling tours. Not far from your resort you'll find the Ream National Park, known for its untainted nature, tropical beaches, mangrove forests and dense jungle. This is definitely a great place to spend your day off.
SihanoukvilleWhile in Sihanoukville you can visit islands or go on snorkelling tours. Not far from your resort you'll find the Ream National Park, known for its untainted nature, tropical beaches, mangrove forests and dense jungle. This is definitely a great place to spend your day off. Around sunset the Cambodian peddlers sell fresh jumbo shrimp, lobster and ink fish which they grill for you on the barbeque as well.
SihanoukvilleAfter this completely different Cambodia experience, hopefully you'll end up refreshed, relaxed and ready to continue on your journeys. There several options for continuing travel, please contact us for further information.
- Inclusions -
- Transportation, accommodation, English speaking guide and entrance fees for Phnom Chisor and Angkor Borei
- Exclusions -
- Meals and drinks and transfer back to Phnom Penh
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Phnom Penh
- Cambodia Discovery - 6 days from 584 USD
- Trek Rattanakiri - 11 days from 1430 USD
- Motorbiking Adventure Cambodia - 14 days from 2238 USD
- 8 Days Cycling Cambodia - 8 days from 1010 USD
- Along the Mekong to Saigon - 3 days from 135 GBP
- On the Road to Thailand - 2 days from 142 GBP
- Passage through Cambodia - 7 days from 348 GBP
- Angkor Wat Round Trip - 7 days from 225 GBP
- Mekong & Dolphins and Laos - 4 days from 121 GBP
- Cambodia Heritage - 5 days from 500 USD
- Phnom Penh Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 7 days from 441 USD
- Colors of Cambodia - 6 days from 370 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 5 days from 315 USD
- Angkor Classic C 5 Days - 5 days from 468 USD
- Angkor Classic - 3 days from 147 USD
- Phnom Penh Classic - 3 days from 106 USD
- Cambodia 7 Days Tour Phnom Penh & Siem Reap Angkor Wat - 7 days from 595 USD
- Northern temple Trail - 5 days from 625 USD
- Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 8 days from 920 USD
- Gastronomic Delights of Cambodia - 6 days from 352 GBP
- Cambodia in a Nutshell - 5 days from 233 GBP
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kratie Stung Treng - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 6 days from 720 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northern Temple Trail - 7 days from 840 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northeastern Adventure - 8 days from 960 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kampot - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Koh Kong - 4 days from 480 USD
- Back to Cambodia - 5 days from 243 USD
- Cambodia Forever - 5 days from 243 USD
Email the tour operator - Cambodia Beach Getaway
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.