Along the Mekong to Saigon
- Price from:
- 135 GBP /person
- 01273 322041
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/19/2009
Go down Mekong River straight through the delta to Vietnam. Enjoy the picturesque waterways, exotic natural scenery and visit a traditional village on this amazing boating adventure.
Phnom Penh - Chau DocAround noon you'll be picked up at your hotel for your transfer to Chau Doc. Your driver will take you to the Sesowak Pier from which you'll travel by speedboat for two hours to the Cambodia and Vietnam border. During the formalities at the border, when visas and passports are checked, you'll have half an hour to say goodbye to Cambodia.
Everywhere you look you you'll see water, water and more water. Boats are the most important means of transportation in this exotic area. During the two-hour boat cruise you'll see the most picturesque delta sceneries while travelling towards Chau Doc. When you reach the city you'll spend the night in a comfortable 3-star hotel in the city centre.
Chau Doc - Long Xuyen - Can ThoIn Chau Doc you'll climb Mount Sam in the morning. At the top of this mountain you'll find the Cavern Pagoda and you'll have a spectacular view of the Mekong. From here you'll go on a trip by rowboat through the Mekong Delta. Your guide will take you to a floating village and a floating fish farm and afterwards you'll arrive in the village of Cham. This is an Islamic village, where the local Mosque teaches children the Arabic language. From the village of Cham you'll go on a two-hour boat cruise to Long Xuyen. During the boat ride you'll join a larger group, which makes this trip more efficient and economical. From Long Xuyen you'll travel by mini van to Cantho where you'll spend the night. On arrival in Long Xuyen you can become acquainted with the floating markets, which you'll see in greater detail the following day in Cai Rang. Halfway through the afternoon you'll arrive in Can Tho where you'll spend the night in a comfortable hotel.
Can Tho - Cai von - My Tho - Ho Chi Minh CityRice farmers in the Mekong Delta have turned Vietnam into the second largest rice exporter in the world (Thailand is number one). Needless to say, you shouldn't pass up an opportunity to visit one of the rice factories here. You'll also go on a boat trip past the floating markets at Cai Rang. You'll be able to enjoy free samples of fruit during your visit to the market. Hundreds of boats come together here and very many different types of fruit are sold. Larger boats have poles in the air that feature the products they intend to sell; this way everyone can see which boat has the products they would like to purchase. Back in Can Tho a delicious lunch will be waiting for you and you'll have time to buy a few things on the market (on land). Around 14.00 in the afternoon you'll travel on by boat towards Cai Von. Eventually you'll ride an air conditioned tour bus to Ho Chi Minh City, where you'll arrive around 19.30 in the evening. Along the way you'll visit a local orchard where you can pick your own taste of delectable fruit. You can continue your Vietnam travels with one of the programmes offered by Vietnam Travel Plan, contact us for more details.
- Inclusions -
- Transportation by bus and boat, accommodation, excursions as described in the outline including guide and speedboat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc
- Exclusions -
- All meals and drinks
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Phnom Penh
- Cambodia Discovery - 6 days from 584 USD
- Trek Rattanakiri - 11 days from 1430 USD
- Motorbiking Adventure Cambodia - 14 days from 2238 USD
- 8 Days Cycling Cambodia - 8 days from 1010 USD
- On the Road to Thailand - 2 days from 142 GBP
- Cambodia Beach Getaway - 5 days from 230 GBP
- Passage through Cambodia - 7 days from 348 GBP
- Angkor Wat Round Trip - 7 days from 225 GBP
- Mekong & Dolphins and Laos - 4 days from 121 GBP
- Cambodia Heritage - 5 days from 500 USD
- Phnom Penh Siem Reap Angkor Wat Tours - 7 days from 441 USD
- Colors of Cambodia - 6 days from 370 USD
- Cambodia Classic - 5 days from 315 USD
- Angkor Classic C 5 Days - 5 days from 468 USD
- Angkor Classic - 3 days from 147 USD
- Phnom Penh Classic - 3 days from 106 USD
- Cambodia 7 Days Tour Phnom Penh & Siem Reap Angkor Wat - 7 days from 595 USD
- Northern temple Trail - 5 days from 625 USD
- Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 8 days from 920 USD
- Gastronomic Delights of Cambodia - 6 days from 352 GBP
- Cambodia in a Nutshell - 5 days from 233 GBP
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kratie Stung Treng - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Ultimate Cardamom Adventure - 6 days from 720 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northern Temple Trail - 7 days from 840 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Northeastern Adventure - 8 days from 960 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Kampot - 4 days from 480 USD
- Motorcycle Tour in Cambodia Koh Kong - 4 days from 480 USD
- Back to Cambodia - 5 days from 243 USD
- Cambodia Forever - 5 days from 243 USD
Email the tour operator - Along the Mekong to Saigon
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.