Bhutan Tour Package
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 15555 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/04/2007
Welcome to Bhutan the Land of the Thunder Dragon - one of the most sought after travel destinations today.The thunder dragon is a trekkers paradise and an environmentalists dream.Welcome to paradise
Day 01: Arrival Paro:Arrive at the Paro airport where you will be met and transferred to the hotel. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 02 :Paro:After breakfast, half day city tour of Paro : visit Drukyel Dzong, the historical fortress built in 1647 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyel to commemorate his victory over Tibetan invaders. Also visit Ta Dzong, which was built in 1651 as a watchtower. Since 1951 the Dzong has been re-established as the National museum and holds fascinating collections of art and religious Thankha paintings. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 03 :Paro/ Thimpu:After breakfast, depart for Thimphu by road which is 65 km / 2 hrs. The capital of Bhutan lies at an elevation of 2300m. Arrive and transfer to hotel visitors can enjoy relaxing walk in the valley. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 04 :Thimpu / Wangdiphodrang: After breakfast, city tour of Thimphu : visit Memorial Chorten - the stupa built in 1974 in the memory of late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk. The paintings and images inside the monument provide a rare sight into Buddhist philosophy. Also visit Mothinthang zoo and viewpoint. Afternoon drive to Wangdiphodrang (70 kms / 03 hrs), the last town on the highway before entering central Bhutan. the drive over Dochu La pass is very scenic with fascinating view of mountains of Bhutan. Arrive and transfer to hotel. Overnight: at your mountain resort.
Day 05 : Wangdiphodrang:After breakfast, full day Gangtey excursion. Gangtey Gompa in the Phobjikha Valley is a 16th century monastery. It is the only monastery in Bhutan, which follows the Nyingmapa sect of Buddhism. The Phobjikha valley is home to rare Black Necked Crane, an endangered species, which migrate from the Tibetan plateau in winters. About 250-300 of these reside in this beautiful valley. Return to Wangdiphodrang in the evening. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day06 : Wangdiphodrang / Punakha/ Paro :After breakfast, leave for Punakha, the valley that lies amidst snow - capped mountain peaks, served as capital of Bhutan until 1955. The Punakha Dzong built at the confluence of the Po and Mo Chu rivers in the 17th century by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyel. The Dzong houses sacred artifacts and the embalmed body of Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyel. Drive to Paro (150 kms / 5 hrs). Arrive and transfer to hotel. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day07 : Departure post breakfast to the airport.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation, all meals & sightseeing in private car
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not specified as above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Paro
- Tashi Gongphel Tours - 7 days from 165 USD
- Bhutan Travel Agents and Bhutan Tour Operators - 7 days from 160 USD
- Glance of Bhutan - 4 days from 590 USD
- Ura Yakchhoe Festival - 13 days from 2210 USD
- Bhutan Tour - 8 days from 1750 USD
- Sacred Jhomolhari Trek - 15 days from 220 USD
- 13 Day Central Bhutan Tour with Day Hikes - 13 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Bhutan Tour Package
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.