- Price from:
- 1750 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Kathmandu,Delhi or Bangkok
- Location Finish:
- Kathmandu,Delhi or Bangkok
- We Speak:
- Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Turkish, Greek
Last updated: 06/11/2007
Shakti Travels & Tours (P) Ltd. a pioneering tour operator for Bhutan, now makes your dream come true through its few exciting programmes, specially made for you to one of the most fascinating and mys
Arrive by Druk air BAe 146-100 series, the only national carrier.
The flight offers you beautiful mountain and landscape. On arrival and after
visa formalities you will be received by STT members. Afternoon / evening
time at leisure. Overnight Kichu Resort.
Paro Sightseeing - visit the ruined fortress of Drugyel dzong which
still attracts visitors due to the strategic location of the fort. The fort
defended the Paro valley from the Tibetan invasion from the north in the
early 17th century. On clear
weather Mount Chomolhari 7320 meters can be seen towering over the dzong.
Proceed through the beautiful valley to the watch tower or locally known as
Ta-Dzong. It was housed into the National museum in the 1960s by the third
King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. The seven floors museum highlights various
aspects of Bhutanese culture and history dating back to
the 7th century. A short walk downhill to the Rinpung Dzong which serves as
the administrative center and school for monks. Walk further down crossing
the traditional bridge into Paro Town. Stroll around the market and return
to Kichu Resort.
Drive to Thimphu is 2 hours and will be a pleasant one mainly due
to the luxurious Japanese transportation and well maintained road through
out Bhutan. Upon arrival check into Hotel Druk or River view. PM
sightseeing - Visit the Memorial chorten built in the memory of the late
King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck, 15 century Changangkha monastery, Motithang mini
zoo to see the rare "Takin" national animal of Bhutan and drive further down
with good view of the Thimphu valley. Visit the new Drupthob nunnery temple
and free time in the market.
AM visit the Painting school, National library, Royal goldsmith
workshop and Handicraft centers. PM drive 3 hours to Wangduephodrang
crossing the Dochula pass 3100 meters. On fine weather you will see the
eastern Himalayan ranges including the highest mountain in Bhutan Mt.Gangar
Punsum 7520 meters. The drive from the pass is all the way
downhill dropping to the lower and warmer valleys of lobesa. Visit the
Dzong from outside and the market area. Overnight at Wangdi Kichu Resort.
Day excursion to the Gangtey Gompa valley at an altitude of 2800
meters. The only Nyingmapa monastery in western Bhutan is located here. This
beautiful valley is also home to the rare Black Necked Cranes migrating from
the Tibetan plateau to escape the harsh winter. Currently there are 200 to
300 cranes residing in this valley and the Royal Society for Protection of
Nature (RSPN) is taking every measures to ensure the safety of the
Cranes.While the cranes reside in the winter valley for 4/5 months the
village folks are not allowed to make load noises or fish in the river that
runs through the valley.
Explore the fascinating glacier valley and return to the Resort.
AM drive 45 minutes to Punakha and visit the Punakha Dzong which
served as an old capital of Bhutan. This remarkable fortress is built
between two rivers and has survived many glacial floods and fire. Every year
during the month of February a procession known as the Punakha Serda takes
place to commemorate the victory over the Tibetans. Drive 3 hours to Thimphu
for lunch and proceed 2 hours to Paro via visiting the oldest building in
Bhutan, the Simtokha Dzong. It now serves as a Buddhist university.
Overnight Kichu Resort.
Day hike to the view point of Taktsang monastery. Horses can be
arranged with an extra payment. The hike which is all the way uphill takes
about 2 /3 hours through villages and pine forests. The monastery which
clings to a huge granite cliff 800 meters from the paro valley was
devastated by fire in 1998 but the Royal Government has taken immediate
steps to restore the monastery to its original structure. It is believed
that the great saint Padmasambhava came in the 7th century on a flying
tigress and meditated in a cave for 3 months. The demons were subdued who
were trying to stop the spread of
Buddhism and converted the Paro valley into Buddhism. During the end of the
17 century a monastery was built on the spot where the saint mediated and it
is a pilgrimage site for every Bhutanese to visit once in their life time.
Stroll back to Resort. Evening at leisure.
Day 08 : Transfer to airport for final departure.
- Extras -
- Bookings to be made at least 90 days in advance, as the infrastructure in Bhutan allows only a limit number of tourist. April, May October and November have many festival being celebrated at that time, and tourism is at its height during this period.
However, at least six week prior to your tour, a booking will full passport details and payment of tour should reach us. There will be a cancellation charge of 50% for confirmed booking upto 14 days prior to departure whereas, no refund thereafter. No refund for no shows or for late arrival under any circumstances.
Best hotels in PARO & THIMPU and in other places Guest House/Lodges in modest heated rooms with attached bath.
October-March warm wear. April-September. Light cotton wear. However, a warm sweater and jacket are always preferred.
Best season: March, April, May, September, October & November Monsoon: June, July & August.
Winter: December, January & February
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Paro
- Tashi Gongphel Tours - 7 days from 165 USD
- Bhutan Travel Agents and Bhutan Tour Operators - 7 days from 160 USD
- Glance of Bhutan - 4 days from 590 USD
- Ura Yakchhoe Festival - 13 days from 2210 USD
- Bhutan Tour Package - 7 days from 15555 INR
- Sacred Jhomolhari Trek - 15 days from 220 USD
- 13 Day Central Bhutan Tour with Day Hikes - 13 days from 205 USD
Email the tour operator - Bhutan Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.