Art and Design Walk
- Price from:
- 55 AUD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 hours
- Location Start:
- National Design Centre, Federation Square, Melbourne
- Location Finish:
- Various, Melbourne City
- Start time:
- 02.00 pm
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 07/24/2007
Not into museums, or stuffy galleries? Melbourne city has amazing architecture and public art right under - or above - your nose! Join a local to discover the contemporary face of this cultural city!
Melbourne has plenty to offer the culture vulture of all ages, just by walking the streets! The galleries vary every month, as does the public art. Learn the stories behind the art works that have become an important part of Melbourne's streetscape. Discover street art commissions, heritage and contemporary architecture, sculptural installations, and smaller galleries with doors you thought led nowhere. Indulge with a drink to finish, and plenty of ideas to keep exploring... if you blink you might miss them!
Tours run on Saturday afternoons, or groups by appointment
- Inclusions -
- Goodie bag with maps, info and special offers
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- This tour departs every Saturday at 2pm.This is a walking tour, and operates in all weather, so please dress accordingly. Umbrellas will be lent on the day if required.
The group size for the Saturday tour is between 2 and 12 people. Private bookings on other days are quoted individually.The tour distance is approximately 1.5 kilometers, and ther are some stairs. Heels are not advised.
This tour is not suggested for children under 13.
Bookings are essential.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Melbourne
- Lanes and Arcades tour - from 95 AUD
- Convertible Great Ocean Road Tour Price per car - from 600 AUD
- Convertible Yarra Valley Wineries Tour Price Per Car - from 500 AUD
Email the tour operator - Art and Design Walk
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.