JUST CRUISIN 6 DAY FLINDERS RANGES, LAKE EYRE AND COOBER PEDY
- Price from:
- 2480 AUD /person
- +61 8 83239827
- +61 8 83239827
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- 10 hours
- Location Start:
- Adelaide Metro
- Location Finish:
- Adelaide Metro
- Start time:
- 07.30 am
- End time:
- 06.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/28/2006
On this 6 day tour we visit the majestic Flinders Ranges and outback South Australia.
Depart Adelaide 8:00AM for Wilpena Pound Resort via Port Pirie, Port Germein and Port Augusta (the crossroads of Australia). At Port Augusta we explore the Flinders Ranges and Outback in Wadlata Outback Centre's Tunnel of Time. We discover its origins, the Aboriginal Dreaming, European settlement and much more. After lunch we head towards Wilpena Pound via Quorn and Hawker. From Hawker we visit Kanyaka ruins and Death Rock. If you are feeling energetic perhaps we can climb up to see the Yourambulla Caves, where we view Aboriginal rock painting. We spend tonight at Wilpena Resort.
After breakfast we have a peaceful bushwalk to Wangarra Lookouts and the Hill Homestead. After our walk we visit Sacred Canyon and Arkaroo Rock(optional) which are major Aboriginal Art sites. We then travel the geological trail through the Brachina Gorge. This gorge traces the geological history of the area for hundreds of million years. Our next stop is the Prairie Hotel at Parachilna where we taste some Aussie tucker. After lunch we head to to Wilpena Resort via Parachilna Gorge and Blinman. Overnight Wilpena Resort.
After breakfast we head to William Creek via Marree and the Oodnadatta Track. At William Creek: the worlds most isolated pub, you can indulge in a well-deserved Australian beer. The most important claim to fame for William Creek is that it is the smallest town in Australia and that it is located on the worlds largest cattle station (Anna Creek Station) which is 32,500 square kilometres. We can walk along the old Ghan Railway Line to the bridge at Breakfast Time Creek This is a land of contrasts. There's red gibber plains stretching to the horizon, mound springs (we visit Bubbler Springs and Blanche Cup Springs) which create bush oases and wetlands, red gum lined creeks and vast areas of grey salt bush and spiky spinifex. Remnants of the old Ghan Railway are abundant along the Oodnadatta Track. An optional flight over Lake Eyre North and South is available (own expense). Lake Eyre North which covers 8430 square kilometres, is 144 kilometres long and 77 kilometres wide is by far the larger of the two lakes. The creek like Goyder Channel joins Lake Eyre South to Lake Eyre North, which at its narrowest is only 150 metres wide. At the lakes lowest point it is 15.2 metres below sea level and drains more than one sixth of the continent. Overnight William Creek Hotel.
Today we head to Coober Pedy in the heart of South Australia's vast outback; it is an opal wonderland. We spend some time visiting mines and interpretive centres which a great insight into the town and its mining operations. There are more than 30 opal shops in Coober Pedy if you like to purchase some opal. The town takes its name from the Aboriginal word Kupa (uninitiated man or white man) and Piti (hole). Overnight underground accommodation.
Today we visit the Breakaway's Reserve and Moon Plain before we head back to Coober Pedy via the dingo fence ( the worlds longest fence, 5300km long). We spend tonight in Glendambo outback resort motel
We follow the Stuart (Explorer) Highway south revisiting Port Augusta on our return to Adelaide. Arriving at your accommodation approximately 6:00PM.
- Inclusions -
- Entries as per itinerary
- Exclusions -
- Mobile phone calls
- Extras -
- COST PER PERSON: $2580:00 (MINIMUM 2 PASSENGERS)
TOUR INCLUDES: Accommodation (twin share), all breakfasts, evening meals, morning & afternoon teas pick up/drop off at your accommodation.
NOT INCLUDED: Lunches, optional tours& mobile phone calls.
TOUR CONDITIONS: 'JUST CRUISIN' reserve the right to alter or modify itinerary if prevailing weather, road conditions or adverse conditions require such change.
BOOKING CONDITIONS: A deposit of 20% is required to confirm your reservation. Balance is payable 21 days prior to departure.
CANCELLATIONS: Must be made 14 days prior to departure or full deposit is forfeited.
DON'T FORGET: Your camera, good walking shoes and hats. Please limit luggage to a small bag, and most of all don't forget your sense of adventure. It is suggested that appropriate sickness, accident & personal liability insurance be taken out
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Adelaide
- Absolute Fishing Charters Full Day Local - from 175 AUD
- Absolute Fishing Charters Full Day Offshore - from 240 AUD
- A Barossa Tour for 2 - from 420 AUD
- Absolute Fishing Charters 3 Day Liveaboard - 3 days from 1500 AUD
- Just Cruisin 5 Day Great Ocean Road - 5 days from 2190 AUD
- Just Cruisin 5 Day Island and Wine - 5 days from 2190 AUD
- Just Cruisin 7 Or 11 Day Best Of South Australia - 11 days from 3010 AUD
- Just Cruisin 6 Day Kangaroo Island & Lake Eyre & Coober Pedy - 6 days from 2480 AUD
- Just Cruisin 4 Day Kangaroo Island - 4 days from 1690 AUD
- Just Cruisin 7 Day Ayers Rock - 7 days from 2790 AUD
- Just Cruisin 3 Day Flinders Ranges - 3 days from 1290 AUD
- 5 Day best of South Australia - 5 days from 2190 AUD
Email the tour operator - JUST CRUISIN 6 DAY FLINDERS RANGES, LAKE EYRE AND COOBER PEDY
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.