5 Day best of South Australia
- Price from:
- 2190 AUD /person
- +61 8 83239827
- +61 8 83239827
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- 12 hours
- Location Start:
- Adelaide Metro
- Location Finish:
- Adelaide Metro
- Start time:
- 06.30 am
- End time:
- 06.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/24/2006
On this 5 day tour you will visit breathe taking scenery and wildlife of Kangaroo Island and The Flinders Ranges in South Australia.
Depart Adelaide approximately 6:45AM for Kangaroo Island. We travel along some of South Australia's magnificent coastline to Cape Jervis where we board the Kangaroo Island Sealink to Penneshaw. On arrival we take some time discovering Penneshaw which is situated on the north-east coast of Kangaroo Island, offering a commanding view of the mainland just 18 kilometres away across Backstairs Passage. We now follow the coast to Kingscote. On the way to Kingscote is Prospect Hill. The hill is the highest point in the area and provides a marvellous view of Pelican Lagoon, the rolling hills and the Southern Ocean at Pennington Bay which is a wonderful surf beach. On a clear day looking north you can see Mount Lofty in the Adelaide Hills. We now head to the south coast of the island. It is now onto Seal Bay , a large sandy beach and dune area where Australian sea lions rest and nurse their young. We see these rare sea lions under the guidance of a National Parks Ranger. We walk on the beach within a few metres of the resting sea lions, basking in the sun. We now head to Little Sahara, an area of spectacular white sand dunes surrounded by bush vegetation. Climbing over the first ridge you are confronted by a second and much higher dune, which when scaled reveals more dunes flanked by bushland. Vivonne Bay is also visited and can only be described as stunningly beautiful. Vivonne Bay is the only safe harbour on the south coast of the island and is the base cray fishing and game fishing boats. Overnight Flinders Chase Farm.
Today we visit Flinders Chase National Park, one of Australia's largest covering 74,000 hectares. Here you will see many of the animals and birds you have come to see. At Rocky River it is possible to view koalas in the nearby trees. At Cape du Couedic we view the lighthouse which was constructed in 1906 and considered to be the islands finest structure. We then proceed down a walkway to Admirals Arch, the home to a colony of New Zealand Fur Seals. We travel east to Remarkable Rocks; a cluster of huge, weather sculptured granite boulders perched on a granite dome that swoops 75 metres to the sea. We now visit Parndana Wildlife Park (optional tour) where we see Kangaroo Island's largest privately owned collection of native animals and birds. We now take in the sights around Kingscote including Cygnet River and Duck Lagoon and Emu Bay. This long beach is one of the most popular spots on the island with safe clear water for swimming. We head to Penneshaw where we board the Kangaroo Island Sealink for trip back to Cape Jervis. We now head to McLaren Vale for overnight stay, arriving approximately 9:00PM.
Depart McLaren Vale 8:00AM for Wilpena Pound Resort via Port Pirie, Port Germein and Port Augusta (the crossroads of Australia). At Port Augusta we explore the Flinders Ranges and Outback in Wadlata Outback Centre's Tunnel of Time. We discover its origins, the Aboriginal Dreaming, European settlement and much more. After lunch we head towards Wilpena Pound via Quorn and Hawker. From Hawker we visit Kanyaka ruins and Death Rock. If you are feeling energetic perhaps we can climb up to see the Yourambulla Caves, where we view Aboriginal rock painting. We spend tonight at Wilpena Resort.
After breakfast we have a peaceful bushwalk to Wangarra Lookouts and the Hill Homestead. After our walk we visit Sacred Canyon and Arkaroo Rock(optional) which are major Aboriginal Art sites. We then travel the geological trail through the Brachina Gorge. This gorge traces the geological history of the area for hundreds of million years. Our next stop is the Prairie Hotel at Parachilna where we taste some Aussie tucker. Blinman is our next destination before returning to Wilpena Resort.
Depart Wilpena Resort approximately 9:00AM for Adelaide via Hawker and Quorn. >From Quorn we travel through the Southern Flinders Ranges to Wilmington. Adelaide is our next destination via the Germein Gorge. Arrive Adelaide approximately 6:00PM
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
- mobile phone calls
- Extras -
- COST PER PERSON: $2290:00(including GST) minimum 2 passengers
TOUR INCLUDES: Farmstay accommodation Kangaroo Island, Ferry ticket, Accommodation (twin share) Wilpena Resort, breakfast days 2, 3, 4 &5,morning & afternoon teas, Dinner Days 1, 2, 3 &4,entry Wadlata Outback Centre.
NOT INCLUDED: Optional tours& mobile phone calls.
TOUR CONDITIONS: 'JUST CRUISIN' reserve the right to alter or modify itinerary if prevailing weather, road conditions or adverse conditions require such change.
BOOKING CONDITIONS: A deposit of 20% is required to confirm your reservation. Balance is payable 21 days prior to departure.
CANCELLATIONS: Must be made 14 days prior to departure or full deposit is forfeited.
DON'T FORGET: Your camera, good walking shoes and hats. Please limit luggage to a small bag, and most of all don't forget your sense of adventure. It is suggested that appropriate sickness, accident & personal liability insurance be taken out.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Adelaide
- Absolute Fishing Charters Full Day Local - from 175 AUD
- Absolute Fishing Charters Full Day Offshore - from 240 AUD
- A Barossa Tour for 2 - from 420 AUD
- Absolute Fishing Charters 3 Day Liveaboard - 3 days from 1500 AUD
- Just Cruisin 5 Day Great Ocean Road - 5 days from 2190 AUD
- Just Cruisin 5 Day Island and Wine - 5 days from 2190 AUD
- Just Cruisin 7 Or 11 Day Best Of South Australia - 11 days from 3010 AUD
- Just Cruisin 6 Day Kangaroo Island & Lake Eyre & Coober Pedy - 6 days from 2480 AUD
- Just Cruisin 4 Day Kangaroo Island - 4 days from 1690 AUD
- Just Cruisin 7 Day Ayers Rock - 7 days from 2790 AUD
- Just Cruisin 3 Day Flinders Ranges - 3 days from 1290 AUD
- JUST CRUISIN 6 DAY FLINDERS RANGES, LAKE EYRE AND COOBER PEDY - 6 days from 2480 AUD
Email the tour operator - 5 Day best of South Australia
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.