7 Day Cape York Tour
- Price from:
- 1895 AUD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Hotels in Cairns / Beaches / Port Douglas
- Location Finish:
- Cairns Domestic Airport at 12:30pm
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- End time:
- 01.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 11/23/2008
7 Day Cape York Tour, departing from Cairns - Drive North, Fly South - Small Group 4WD Camping Tour (Code: WCCY07NC)
Your adventure begins as we travel over the Great Dividing Range into "Quinkan Country" to view ancient Aboriginal rock art at Split Rock near Laura (reasonable fitness and suitable footwear required). Travel on into Lakefield National Park, Queensland's second largest at 537,000 hectares (1.25 million acres) and a great wildlife spotting opportunity. We camp in the National Park tonight.
Waterlily covered billabongs, wildlife and a great variety of birdlife in Lakefield National Park this morning. Visit the historic telegraph station of Musgrave before travelling on to Coen and the Archer River. Continue on to âMerlunaâ, a remote family operated cattle station, where we camp tonight.
On to Weipa on the Gulf of Carpentaria and an opportunity to learn about this remote community and its bauxite mine. Leaving Weipa, we travel east through Batavia Downs Station to our camp at the historic Moreton Telegraph Office on the Wenlock River.
4WD action, adventure and fun on Cape York's rugged Telegraph Track today. Cross rivers and creeks, swim and relax, see prehistoric palms, giant termite mounds and carnivorous plants. You'll be enchanted by the magic of Twin Falls - swimming here, in pristine spring-fed pools landscaped by nature, will be a life long memory. We camp here tonight in the company of millions of stars.
Onward across the mighty Jardine River to our beach front campsite on the tropical shores of Torres Strait. This afternoon a fascinating visit to the beautiful âLockerbie Scrubâ, an isolated pocket of monsoon rainforest on our way to an emotional walk to the very top of Australia â CAPE YORK!
Choose from a tropical cruise to Thursday Island or fishing with a professional guide (both optional). Alternatively, take your bird book and binoculars for a bushwalk or relax at the beach with a good book.
You'll be sad today when you leave this magical place, and your new friends â¦ but you'll take unforgettable memories with you as you fly back to Cairns over the Great Barrier Reef at the end of your incredible adventure in Australia's far north. The safari terminates at Cairns Domestic Airport.
- Inclusions -
- Award winning guides and a long established company
- Exclusions -
- Items of a personal nature
- Extras -
- This tour is not suitable for children under 7 years of age. Child age is from 7 - 14 years only.
Solo travellers must pay the Single rate.
A $20 per person fuel levy applies and is payable on the first day of travel.
Tour departure dates in 2009:
All tours are guaranteed to depart on the follow dates with a minimum of four passengers and road conditions permitting.
* May 6, 20
* Jun 3, 17
* Jul 1, 15, 29
* Aug 12, 26
* Sep 9, 23
* Oct 7
* Nov 4
Luggage space is very limited. Please limit this to one small soft travel bag (typically 300mm x 300mm x 700mm) and a small daypack (cabin baggage). Your sleeping bag and pillow may be packed separately. A maximum weight limit of 10kg is permitted due to limitations and Workplace Health & Safety requirements.
Please advise the name of your Holiday Accommodation and/ or a mobile telephone contact in case the tour director canâ€t find you. We also book accommodation at the best locally available rates so if we can help you with that, please let us know.
45 â€' 29 days prior to travel, a 25% cancellation fee applies
28 â€' 14 days prior to travel, a 50% cancellation fee applies
Â·Less than 14 days prior to travel, a100% cancellation fee applies
Â·A $100 per person administration fee applies to every cancellation greater than 45 days prior to the date of travel.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Cairns
- Kuranda Train and Skyrail Combo Tour - from 102 AUD
- Cairns Outer Reef Experience - from 165 AUD
- Highlander Tour - from 77 AUD
- Tully River White Water Rafting Tour - from 155 AUD
- Sunlover Reef Cruise - from 0 AUD
- Scenic Balloon Ride - from 50 AUD
- Skyrail & Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park - from 87 AUD
- Skyrail & Rainforestation - from 101 AUD
- Skyrail & Kuranda Wildlife Experience - from 94 AUD
- Skyrail & Kuranda Scenic Railway - from 78 AUD
- One Way or Return Skyrail Experience - from 40 AUD
Email the tour operator - 7 Day Cape York Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.