Uganda Mountain climbing and Adventure 16 Days 15 Nights
- Price from:
- 7200 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/04/2010
This Safari trip starts from the Entebbe International Airport and ends at the same Airport. You start with -The "central circuit" trail of Rwenzori is the main hiking activity which people undertake when visiting the mountain range. The trip begins from Entebbe or Kampala. It consists of a trekking trip lasting six nights and seven days, starting from the headquarters of the Rwenzori Mountains National Park at Nyakalengija. Then the trail follows a circular path around Mount Baker, spending the night in five different Huts. The circuit gives the opportunity to see very close the peaks and glaciers of Mount Speke, Mount Stanley, Mount Luigi di Savoia, Mount Baker. Everybody is able to manage the hike, as the level of difficulty is not so high. The central circuit is the best experience of Rwenzori, its landscape and vegetations. You then return to Kampala city in readiness for Water Rafting at the Bujagali Falls and then proceed to Climb Mt. Elgon and continue to Kampala city before you venture onto Murchison Falls National Park and the Falls with a boat trip and wildlife game viewing. Return to Kampala City in readiness for your departure trip.
Day 16: Kampala – Entebbe – Departure
After breakfast, you will be able to do your shopping and get ready to depart for Entebbe International airport for your departure flight.
End of Services.
Hiking of Mt. Rwenzori starts. (2500m, 4-5 hours walking).
After breakfast you will be met by our guide who will guide you to Nyakalengija and the Rwenzori Mountain National Park gate where you will meet your mountain guides and porters and sign into the park. This day you walk through coffee plantations, then after crossing the Mahoma River you climb the steep, forested ridge with fine views of the Portal Peaks to Nyabitaba Hut.
Dinner and overnight at Nyabitaba Hut.
Nyabitaba Hut to John Matte Hut, 3200m (5-6hours)
Descend to the bridge spanning the confluence of the Mujuku and Bujuku rivers. Ascend to the John Matte hut.
John Matte-Bujuku Hut 400m (4-6 hours).
Beautiful walking beside the Bigo Bog takes you to the Bigo Hut. The upper Bigo Bog is crossed on a causeway of planks, now a steeper section leads to Lake Bujuku. Possible spectacular views of the Stanley Plateau. Have a Night at Bujuku Hut (4000m) which lies 20 minutes beyond Lake Bujuku(4 -6) Walk.
Stanley plateau (4540m)
Walk to the Elena Hut located below the Stanley Plateau.
Guy Yeoman Hut back to Nyabitaba Hut 4280M
After climbing steeply up to the Fresh field Pass (4280m),descend to the Guy Yeoman Hut (3500m), situated in the giant heather forest.
Nyabitaba to Nyakalengija - Kampala
A long the ways pass the beautiful Kabamba water falls. Continue to Nyabitaba walking through boggy areas of Kamatu and Kichuchu, then through bamboo forest. Cross Nyabitaba Arrive Nyakalengija and proceed to Kampala then to Jinja for Water Rafting before proceeding to Climb Mount Elgon.
Water Rafting on the Nile:
Kampala – Jinja (The Water Rafting Trip)
After an early breakfast, you will be transported to Jinja for the beginning of Rafting Trip-starting out with a safety orientation and then off down the river for the most exhilarating ride of your life. Lunch on an Island on the river and after the rafting trip- free drinks.
Here are some of the options for your day or days on the Nile Adventure Safari:
ONE DAY (31 kilometers): This trip takes you through the wettest and wildest one day rafting on earth. It includes transfers from Kampala, an awesome buffet lunch, and complimentary drinks after the trip.
WILD OR MILD: Your guide will accompany you with an oar powered raft fondly referred to as the suntan raft. You then row down the river, while tackling the smallest waves and the seldom flips.
Trekking Mount Elgon: Sasa Trail 4 days 3 Nights:
Highlights: Sasa trail is the fastest way to the main peak, however on the first day is particularly tough with rugged climb of over 1600m.
Dinner and overnight at Jinja Hotel in readiness for the next days trip to Mt. Elgon.
From Budadiri to Sasa Camp (2.900m)
In the morning after breakfast, you depart for Budadiri (1250 m), nearby Mbale town, at the gate of the Mount Elgon National Park. After arranging the guide and porters, with food and camping gear, you start walking to Sasa River Camp (2.900 m) for the dinner and overnight. The distance is about 8 km. and takes average 7 to 8 hours walk. Altitude in a day: 1.700m.
From Sasa camp to Mude Camp (3.500m)
After breakfast at the camping site, proceed through the forest to Mude Cave Campsite for dinner and overnight. Distance of the day about 5 km. and 4 to 5 hours walk. Altitude of the day: 600m.
From Mude Camp to Wagagay Peak (4321 m) and return to Mude
After breakfast you walk through the moorland zone up to the main peak, Wagagai, and return to the Mude campsite for dinner and overnight. Distance of the day: 18 km.and 8 to 9 hours walk. Altitude of the day: 820m.
From Mude Camp back to Budadiri -Mbale - Kampala
After breakfast descend to Budadiri and back to Mbale and then to Kampala.
Dinner and Overnight at Speke hotel – Kampala.
Kampala - Murchison Falls National Park
After breakfast, depart Kampala on one of our 8-seater customized safari Minibuses. Take lunch in Masindi before heading into the park. Proceed to the Red Chilli Rest Camp for sundowners and a meal before settling in for the night.
Dinner and Overnight at Red Chilli Rest Camp.
Murchison Falls National Park - Nile
6.30 a.m. Depart Red Chilli Rest Camp in your minibus and cross the Nile for a 4 hour game drive around the Nile Delta area of the park. This is where the most big game gathers and where there are spectacular views across Lake Albert towards the Blue Mountains of the Congo and northern Uganda. There is a very high chance of seeing lion, buffalo, elephant, giraffe as well as many types of antelope and varied bird life. You might even get lucky and spot a leopard.
Head back to Red Chilli for a relaxing lunch.
1.45 p.m. Depart for a 3 hour afternoon boat launch trip up-stream towards the base of Murchison Falls. Hippos, huge Nile crocodiles, more buffalo, antelope and fantastically varied bird life abound. You might also see elephants drinking at the water’s edge.
Followed by a second night spent enjoying our hospitality and sitting around the campfire.
Dinner and Overnight at Red Chilli Rest Camp.
- Inclusions -
- 15 Nights accommodation and meals at full board ·Transport from Kampala to Rwenzori base camp, Jinja, Mt. Elgon and back to Kampala, then to Murchison Falls and back to Kampala. ·Park Entrance fees, ·Hiking and trekking fees, ·Food and accommodation throughout your travelling
- Exclusions -
- Drinks, bar bills, phone calls, personal insurance, and expenses of personal nature like souvenirs, tips laundry, etc.
- Extras -
- A Must on the Forest/mountain hikes:
1 day bag
1 pr. of Hikking boots
1 jogging suit
2 prs. of woolen socks
2 prs. of trekking trousers 2 cotton shirts warm
woolen underwear 1 warm pullover
1 woolen cap 1 pr gloves, woolen mitten
1 parka, extra large with hat
1 rain coat
1 sun glasses
Necessities on the mountain:
1 trekking bag
1 pr. of jogging shoes
1 sun hat
5 prs. of socks
Leggings up to the knee(Gaiters)
Rain proof parlor zip trousers
1 elastic bandage, elastoplasts
Water purification tablets
Vitamin C tablets
Sun lotion 20
Climbing Gear for summit climbers (Not For Trekkers):
1 pr. of crampon proof mountain boots
1 ice axe(Hire at base)
1 pr of crampons
1 pc of 50 meter climbing rope (Hire at base)
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kampala
- Experience the best of bustling Kampala - from 70 USD
- Single City Tour - from 250 USD
- Kampala City Tour - from 65 USD
- Uganda Birding Wildlife Private Safari Special 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 6240 USD
- Gorilla tracking in Uganda 10Days 9Nights - 10 days from 3285 USD
- Hiking on Mt Rwenzori in Uganda 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1595 USD
- The Amazing Gorilla and Chimpanze Trek 7 Days Safari - 7 days from 1890 USD
- Bwindi 3 days Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 950 USD
- Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1224 USD
- World Class White Water Rafting on the Nile River - 2 days from 195 USD
- Ssesse Island Tour - 3 days from 1250 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 1840 USD
- 09 Days Ruwenzori Hike - 9 days from 1800 USD
- 04 Days Murchison Falls Safari - 4 days from 620 USD
- Gorilla Thriller Safari - 5 days from 2450 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1275 USD
- 18 Day Safari Itinerary - 18 days from 2900 USD
- 5 Days Gorilla and Primate Safari - 5 days from 705 USD
- 15 Days Best Of Uganda - 15 days from 2200 USD
- 17 Days Safari Gorillas Wildlife Primates and Adventure - 17 days from 2480 USD
- Gorilla Trekking Adventure - 3 days from 400 USD
- Best of Uganda Tour - 9 days from 1315 USD
- Gorillas & Chimpanzee and Wildlife Adventure - 14 days from 2000 USD
- 12 Days Primates Safari Uganda Rwanda - 12 days from 2272 USD
- Primates Safari 18 Days - 18 days from 1989 USD
- 5 Days Safari to Lake Mburo & Queen and Bwindi - 5 days from 1469 USD
- 3 Days City Tour - 3 days from 850 USD
- 4 Days Queen and Bwindi National Parks - 4 days from 850 USD
- 2 Days Lake Mburo - 2 days from 345 USD
- Bwndi Adventure Safaris - 8 days from 1650 USD
- Gorilla Trekking - 3 days from 426 USD
- 5 Days Primate Safari Itinerary - 5 days from 780 USD
- 8 Day Gorilla Safari - 8 days from 1270 USD
- 3 Days Safari Semliki NP - 3 days from 520 USD
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Tour - 3 days from 689 USD
- Gorilla Safari Uganda Rwanda - 5 days from 1490 USD
- Safari to Uganda Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls National... - 5 days from 840 USD
- Gorillas in Bwindi 3 Days - 3 days from 910 USD
- Ssese islands Safari - 4 days from 210 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 3 days from 890 USD
- Marvelous Safari - 15 days from 1752 USD
- Uganda Primates Safari - 9 days from 1360 USD
- Wildlife in Three Parks - 5 days from 1785 USD
- Mountaineering - 7 days from 3200 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 6 days from 1270 USD
- Uganda Great Primates Safari - 7 days from 1300 USD
- 21 Days Grand Tour - 21 days from 2000 USD
- 8 Days Hike to Mountain Elgon - 8 days from 595 USD
- 6 Nights 7 Days Tour Of Kibaale Forest Queen Elizabeth & The... - 7 days from 1119 USD
- 12 Days Cultural Tour - 12 days from 1023 USD
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 593 USD
- 7 Days Birding aba 14 - 7 days from 1521 USD
- 10 Days Hike To The Rwenzoris The Mountains Of The Moon - 10 days from 1294 USD
- Murchison Falls National Park - 3 days from 600 USD
- Gorilla Tracking Express - 3 days from 1600 USD
- Gorilla Thrill - 8 days from 2500 USD
- Primate Watch Adventure - 10 days from 0 USD
- Gorillas in Uganda Rwanda & Congo Primate safaris Nature &... - 11 days from 2525 USD
- Uganda Gorilla Safari and Chimps - 13 days from 3949 USD
- Uganda 9 day Active Safari - 9 days from 1175 USD
- Uganda 14 day ultimate safari - 14 days from 3710 USD
- Uganda Classic Safari - 15 days from 1480 EUR
- Cultural Immersion in Uganda - 12 days from 1240 EUR
- Birding the Pearl - 10 days from 950 EUR
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 285 EUR
- The Unexplored East - 5 days from 475 EUR
- Chimps & the Big Four - 6 days from 625 EUR
- Primate Tour - 8 days from 880 EUR
- Experience the Nile - 4 days from 380 EUR
Email the tour operator - Uganda Mountain climbing and Adventure 16 Days 15 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.