Uganda Classic Safari
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 1480 EUR /person
- +256 (0)41 267 153
- +256 (0)41 267 153
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 15 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, English, Dutch
Last updated: 05/04/2007
Experience all the highlights in just one trip! Visit the most beautiful national parks of the country, meet the impressive mountain gorillas and take a swim in the deepest lake in Uganda.
You will be welcomed by a representative of Great Lakes Safaris who will transfer you to your hotel in Kampala. Depending on the time of arrival, our guide will take you on a city tour for an exciting introduction with the capital city. Visit some interesting and historical sites, including the Kasubi Tombs, Namugongo Martyrs Shrine, the Uganda Museum and of course the African Craft Village. We also advise you to have money changed today. Dinner and overnight at Olympia Hotel.
KAMPALA - MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK
On the first day we will depart for the most beautiful protected area in Uganda: Murchison Falls National Park. Enjoy a lunch stop in Masindi before we enter the park. We will visit the magnificent falls where you will enjoy and marvel at the mighty Nile. The famous waterfall is being forced into a seven meter crevice to thunder 45 meters below in a serie of cascades. This spectacular scenery can be viewed from different points up at the baler's summit. Dinner and overnight at Red Chilli Rest Camp.
MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK
After an early morning breakfast you will enjoy a half-day game drive on the northern bank of the Nile, escorted by a ranger. Game in this part includes the elephant, Rothschild giraffe, Jackson hartebeest, lions, oribis, waterbucks and a variety of savannah woodland birds. After lunch we will go on a Nile cruise for game viewing at close quarters. Watch how hippos take a bath, elephants come to drink and crocodiles lying lazy at the shores. Dinner and overnight at Red Chilli Rest Camp.
MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK - FORT PORTAL
We depart Murchison Falls and head towards Fort Portal. The drive is almost eight hours but will provide you with some stunning views as you pass small African villages and banana plantations. The lovely town of Fort Portal rests in the shadow of the fabled Mountains of the Moon and is famous for the many tea plantations. Dinner and overnight Rwenzori View Guesthouse, excellent accommodation with view at the Rwenzoris.
SEMLIKI NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast we will drive towards Semliki National Park. The scenic, winding road will lead us through green mountains and offers you a magnificent view at the River Semliki and Congo. After arriving in the protected area, a ranger will accompany us on a beautiful nature walk through the Ituri Rain Forest. Enjoy the peacefulness of the forest, look out for the rich bird life at the swamp and boil an egg in the hot springs that have become an interesting natural attraction. It will be complete with a picnic lunch provided by the guide, while you explore the real Africa. Later in the afternoon we return to the service Rwenzori View Guesthouse of dinner and overnight.
KIBALE NATIONAL PARK & BIGODI SWAMP
Today the forest opens it doors for a sensational chimp tracking. Kibale Forest is reputable of having the greatest variety and highest concentration of primates in East Africa. Enjoy a guided nature walk in the tropical rain forest in search of the wild chimpanzee, red-tailed monkey, black-and white-colobus monkey and many others. After a hearty lunch we transfer to the Bigodi Swamp for another, totally different nature walk. The Bigodi Swamp Walk is an initiative of the local community and takes approximately 2 hours. The swamp is known for its rich diversity of birds and primates. Dinner and overnight at Rwenzori View Guesthouse.
FORT PORTAL - QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK
We transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, passing through the Crater Lakes region which is known for its numerous small lakes, surrounded by gentle hills. After a lunch stop in Kasese we enter the national park. A game drive on our way to the accommodation in the middle of the park gives us the chance to spot waterbucks, warthogs or other wildlife. Dinner and overnight at Institute of Ecology Hostel.
QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK
The day begins early as we head for the mating ground of the Uganda Kobs. We search for lions, elephants, buffaloes and wild animals in their natural habitat before returning for lunch. In the afternoon we take on a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel, a natural channel between Lake Edward and Lake George. Thanks to elephants, buffaloes and hundreds of hippos that are cooling off at the shores, and the abundant bird life that is sighted, this cruise will definitely be one of the highlights of your safari! Dinner and overnight at Institute of Ecology Hostel.
QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK - BWINDI
After breakfast you can visit the Maramagambo Forest for a walk through the tropical forest, known for the Blue Lake and the Bat and Hunters Cave. You will get the chance to have a close look at the bats and maybe even the rock python and forest cobras that feed on the bats. The same walk will provide you with views of primates, different bird species and beautiful fauna.
An alternative for the forest walk is a hike in the Kyambura Wildlife Reserve (not included). Driving through a grassland area, all of a sudden we come across an amazing gorge of one hundred meters deep, covered with tropical rain forest. You will hike into the gorge of the Kyambura River in search of the wild chimpanzees. It is a beautiful walk through the river valley, home to many birds and butterfly species.
After one of these activities we will leave Queen Elizabeth National Park and head towards Bwindi. The scenic route runs through a verdant countryside while you pass traditional homesteads and farms. In Bwindi dinner and overnight at Buhoma Community Bandas.
BWINDI IMPENETRABLE FOREST NATIONAL PARK
Hikers will love the gorilla tracking. It is difficult to foresee how many hours you will hike; it may take two to eight hours. However, expect to walk a long distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas. But it will be definitely worthwhile, as you observe them closely while they eat, play and rest. A unique and unforgettable experience! For conservation purposes, time spent with the gorillas is limited to one hour. The ranger guide always briefs you on how to behave with these apes. In Bwindi dinner and overnight at Buhoma Community Bandas.
BWINDI - LAKE BUNYONYI
After breakfast you can choose to have a guided village walk in Bwindi. Afterwards we depart to Lake Bunyonyi, the deepest lake in Uganda. It is often called Little Switzerland of Uganda and boost one of the most beautiful parts of the country. Relax or go for a canoe trip while you watch the beautiful sunset. Dinner and overnight at Bunyonyi Overland Camp.
After the challenging and strenuous hike at Bwindi, some relaxing moments on the shores of this peaceful lake are most welcome. The options here are birding, cycling, swimming or canoeing. Dinner and overnight at Bunyonyi Overland Camp.
LAKE BUNYONYI - LAKE MBURO NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast, we drive to Lake Mburo National Park which takes us about four hours with lunch en route. As we enter the park and head towards the accommodation it is likely you will see some wildlife, like impalas, topis, warthogs, zebras and buffaloes. After checking in you will go on a boat ride on the lake and enjoy the rich bird life and the hippos that are cooling off. Dinner and overnight at Rwonyo Camp.
LAKE MBURO NATIONAL PARK - KAMPALA
Early start of the day as we will go for a nature walk guided by a ranger. Lake Mburo is the only national park where you can experience a safari on foot. After breakfast we transfer to Kampala with a stop at the equator for photos and some shopping. Late in the afternoon arrival in Kampala where you will be dropped at Olympia Hotel for dinner and overnight.
Enriched with an experience of a lifetime and unforgettable memories you will say goodbye to the Pearl of Africa. Depending on the time of departure you will be transferred to the airport for you flight back home. We are looking forward to seeing you again!
- Inclusions -
- Mineral water throughout the safari
- Exclusions -
- Gorilla permit (USD$375 per person)
- Extras -
- Upgrading: If you wish to stay in luxury accommodation please notify so we can inform you about the upgrade fees. Tailor-made: If you wish to make some adjustments in the proposed itinerary please let us know. We are specialised in tailor-made safaris, so we will reply to any request.
For more details and tailor-made safaris please contact us!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kampala
- Uganda Mountain climbing and Adventure 16 Days 15 Nights - from 7200 USD
- Experience the best of bustling Kampala - from 70 USD
- Single City Tour - from 250 USD
- Kampala City Tour - from 65 USD
- Uganda Birding Wildlife Private Safari Special 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 6240 USD
- Gorilla tracking in Uganda 10Days 9Nights - 10 days from 3285 USD
- Hiking on Mt Rwenzori in Uganda 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1595 USD
- The Amazing Gorilla and Chimpanze Trek 7 Days Safari - 7 days from 1890 USD
- Bwindi 3 days Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 950 USD
- Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1224 USD
- World Class White Water Rafting on the Nile River - 2 days from 195 USD
- Ssesse Island Tour - 3 days from 1250 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 1840 USD
- 09 Days Ruwenzori Hike - 9 days from 1800 USD
- 04 Days Murchison Falls Safari - 4 days from 620 USD
- Gorilla Thriller Safari - 5 days from 2450 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1275 USD
- 18 Day Safari Itinerary - 18 days from 2900 USD
- 5 Days Gorilla and Primate Safari - 5 days from 705 USD
- 15 Days Best Of Uganda - 15 days from 2200 USD
- 17 Days Safari Gorillas Wildlife Primates and Adventure - 17 days from 2480 USD
- Gorilla Trekking Adventure - 3 days from 400 USD
- Best of Uganda Tour - 9 days from 1315 USD
- Gorillas & Chimpanzee and Wildlife Adventure - 14 days from 2000 USD
- 12 Days Primates Safari Uganda Rwanda - 12 days from 2272 USD
- Primates Safari 18 Days - 18 days from 1989 USD
- 5 Days Safari to Lake Mburo & Queen and Bwindi - 5 days from 1469 USD
- 3 Days City Tour - 3 days from 850 USD
- 4 Days Queen and Bwindi National Parks - 4 days from 850 USD
- 2 Days Lake Mburo - 2 days from 345 USD
- Bwndi Adventure Safaris - 8 days from 1650 USD
- Gorilla Trekking - 3 days from 426 USD
- 5 Days Primate Safari Itinerary - 5 days from 780 USD
- 8 Day Gorilla Safari - 8 days from 1270 USD
- 3 Days Safari Semliki NP - 3 days from 520 USD
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Tour - 3 days from 689 USD
- Gorilla Safari Uganda Rwanda - 5 days from 1490 USD
- Safari to Uganda Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls National... - 5 days from 840 USD
- Gorillas in Bwindi 3 Days - 3 days from 910 USD
- Ssese islands Safari - 4 days from 210 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 3 days from 890 USD
- Marvelous Safari - 15 days from 1752 USD
- Uganda Primates Safari - 9 days from 1360 USD
- Wildlife in Three Parks - 5 days from 1785 USD
- Mountaineering - 7 days from 3200 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 6 days from 1270 USD
- Uganda Great Primates Safari - 7 days from 1300 USD
- 21 Days Grand Tour - 21 days from 2000 USD
- 8 Days Hike to Mountain Elgon - 8 days from 595 USD
- 6 Nights 7 Days Tour Of Kibaale Forest Queen Elizabeth & The... - 7 days from 1119 USD
- 12 Days Cultural Tour - 12 days from 1023 USD
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 593 USD
- 7 Days Birding aba 14 - 7 days from 1521 USD
- 10 Days Hike To The Rwenzoris The Mountains Of The Moon - 10 days from 1294 USD
- Murchison Falls National Park - 3 days from 600 USD
- Gorilla Tracking Express - 3 days from 1600 USD
- Gorilla Thrill - 8 days from 2500 USD
- Primate Watch Adventure - 10 days from 0 USD
- Gorillas in Uganda Rwanda & Congo Primate safaris Nature &... - 11 days from 2525 USD
- Uganda Gorilla Safari and Chimps - 13 days from 3949 USD
- Uganda 9 day Active Safari - 9 days from 1175 USD
- Uganda 14 day ultimate safari - 14 days from 3710 USD
- Cultural Immersion in Uganda - 12 days from 1240 EUR
- Birding the Pearl - 10 days from 950 EUR
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 285 EUR
- The Unexplored East - 5 days from 475 EUR
- Chimps & the Big Four - 6 days from 625 EUR
- Primate Tour - 8 days from 880 EUR
- Experience the Nile - 4 days from 380 EUR
Email the tour operator - Uganda Classic Safari
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.