- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 880 EUR /person
- +256 (0)41 267 153
- +256 (0)41 267 153
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Dutch, German, Spanish, English
Last updated: 05/04/2007
Watch the chimpanzees playing, the colobus monkeys hiding and the baboons staring curiously. An impressive meeting with the mountain gorillas will become an experience of a lifetime!
A visit to the island of the chimpanzees! In the morning you will depart from Entebbe for a close encounter with our relatives. After a pleasant boat ride you will reach Ngamba Island, where you will be directed to the visitors centre to listen to an informative talk. You will be able to view and photograph the chimpanzees in their natural environment from only a few metres away! In the afternoon a boat ride back to Entebbe and return to Kampala for overnight at Olympia Hotel.
KAMPALA : FORT PORTAL
After breakfast we will depart Kampala and head west to Fort Portal. This lovely town rests in the shadow of the fabled Mountains of the Moon and is famous for the many tea plantations. Dinner and overnight at Rwenzori View Guesthouse, excellent accommodation with view of the mountains of the moon.
KIBALE NATIONAL PARK & BIGODI SWAMP
Early in the morning we visit Kibale Forest National Park, reputable of having the greatest variety and highest concentration of primates in East-Africa. Enjoy a guided nature walk in the tropical rain forest in search of the wild chimpanzees, red-tailed monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys and many others. After lunch we will take on the Bigodi Swamp Walk, which is a community based program for women that introduce clients to local people. The swamp is known for its rich diversity of birds and primates. Dinner and overnight at Rwenzori View Guesthouse.
FORT PORTAL : QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK
We transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park passing through the crater lakes region with some stunning views. Lunch stop at Kasese and continue to Queen Elizabeth, entering with an evening game drive before you check in at the accommodation in the middle of the park. Dinner and overnight at the Institute of Ecology Hostel.
QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK
Early in the morning we will leave for an experience in the Kyambura Wildlife Reserve. Driving through a grassland area, all of a sudden we come across an amazing gorge of a hundred meters deep, covered with tropical rain forest. You will hike into the gorge of the Kyambura River in search of the wild chimpanzees. It is a beautiful walk through river valley, home to many birds and butterfly species.
We return for lunch and in the afternoon we take on a boat cruise to explore the Kazinga Channel, a natural channel between Lake Edward and Lake George. Thanks to the abundant bird life that is sighted, and the elephants, buffaloes and hundreds of hippos that are cooling off at the shores, this cruise will definitely be one of the highlights of your safari. Dinner and overnight at the Institute of Ecology.
QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK : BWINDI
After breakfast we will leave Queen Elizabeth National Park and head south. As we are driving towards Bwindi, we will pass the sourthern sector of the national park, Ishasha, known for the tree climbing lions. The scenic route runs through a verdant countryside while you pass traditional homesteads and banana plantations. In Bwindi dinner and overnight at Buhoma Community Bandas.
BWINDI IMPENETRABLE FOREST NATIONAL PARK
Hikers will love the gorilla tracking. It is difficult to foresee how many hours you will hike; it may take two to eight hours. Expect to walk a long distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas. But it will be definitely worthwhile, as you observe them closely while they eat, play and rest. A unique and unforgettable experience! For conservation purposes, time spent with the gorillas is limited to one hour. The ranger guide always briefs you on how to behave with these apes. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Community Bandas.
BWINDI : KAMPALA
We start the long but rewarding drive back to Kampala. On our way we will pass Mpigi village, famous for the Royal Drums Makers and of course the Ugandan Equator, where you can take pictures and shop for a souvenir. With lunch on our way we will reach Kampala by the end of the day.
- Inclusions -
- Mineral water throughout the safari
- Exclusions -
- Gorilla permit (USD$375 per person)
- Extras -
- Upgrading: If you wish to stay in luxury accommodation please notify so we can inform you about the upgrade fees. Tailor-made: If you wish to make some adjustments in the proposed itinerary please let us know. We are specialised in tailor-made safaris, so we will reply to any request.
For more details and tailor-made safaris please contact us!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kampala
- Uganda Mountain climbing and Adventure 16 Days 15 Nights - from 7200 USD
- Experience the best of bustling Kampala - from 70 USD
- Single City Tour - from 250 USD
- Kampala City Tour - from 65 USD
- Uganda Birding Wildlife Private Safari Special 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 6240 USD
- Gorilla tracking in Uganda 10Days 9Nights - 10 days from 3285 USD
- Hiking on Mt Rwenzori in Uganda 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1595 USD
- The Amazing Gorilla and Chimpanze Trek 7 Days Safari - 7 days from 1890 USD
- Bwindi 3 days Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 950 USD
- Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1224 USD
- World Class White Water Rafting on the Nile River - 2 days from 195 USD
- Ssesse Island Tour - 3 days from 1250 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 1840 USD
- 09 Days Ruwenzori Hike - 9 days from 1800 USD
- 04 Days Murchison Falls Safari - 4 days from 620 USD
- Gorilla Thriller Safari - 5 days from 2450 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1275 USD
- 18 Day Safari Itinerary - 18 days from 2900 USD
- 5 Days Gorilla and Primate Safari - 5 days from 705 USD
- 15 Days Best Of Uganda - 15 days from 2200 USD
- 17 Days Safari Gorillas Wildlife Primates and Adventure - 17 days from 2480 USD
- Gorilla Trekking Adventure - 3 days from 400 USD
- Best of Uganda Tour - 9 days from 1315 USD
- Gorillas & Chimpanzee and Wildlife Adventure - 14 days from 2000 USD
- 12 Days Primates Safari Uganda Rwanda - 12 days from 2272 USD
- Primates Safari 18 Days - 18 days from 1989 USD
- 5 Days Safari to Lake Mburo & Queen and Bwindi - 5 days from 1469 USD
- 3 Days City Tour - 3 days from 850 USD
- 4 Days Queen and Bwindi National Parks - 4 days from 850 USD
- 2 Days Lake Mburo - 2 days from 345 USD
- Bwndi Adventure Safaris - 8 days from 1650 USD
- Gorilla Trekking - 3 days from 426 USD
- 5 Days Primate Safari Itinerary - 5 days from 780 USD
- 8 Day Gorilla Safari - 8 days from 1270 USD
- 3 Days Safari Semliki NP - 3 days from 520 USD
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Tour - 3 days from 689 USD
- Gorilla Safari Uganda Rwanda - 5 days from 1490 USD
- Safari to Uganda Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls National... - 5 days from 840 USD
- Gorillas in Bwindi 3 Days - 3 days from 910 USD
- Ssese islands Safari - 4 days from 210 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 3 days from 890 USD
- Marvelous Safari - 15 days from 1752 USD
- Uganda Primates Safari - 9 days from 1360 USD
- Wildlife in Three Parks - 5 days from 1785 USD
- Mountaineering - 7 days from 3200 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 6 days from 1270 USD
- Uganda Great Primates Safari - 7 days from 1300 USD
- 21 Days Grand Tour - 21 days from 2000 USD
- 8 Days Hike to Mountain Elgon - 8 days from 595 USD
- 6 Nights 7 Days Tour Of Kibaale Forest Queen Elizabeth & The... - 7 days from 1119 USD
- 12 Days Cultural Tour - 12 days from 1023 USD
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 593 USD
- 7 Days Birding aba 14 - 7 days from 1521 USD
- 10 Days Hike To The Rwenzoris The Mountains Of The Moon - 10 days from 1294 USD
- Murchison Falls National Park - 3 days from 600 USD
- Gorilla Tracking Express - 3 days from 1600 USD
- Gorilla Thrill - 8 days from 2500 USD
- Primate Watch Adventure - 10 days from 0 USD
- Gorillas in Uganda Rwanda & Congo Primate safaris Nature &... - 11 days from 2525 USD
- Uganda Gorilla Safari and Chimps - 13 days from 3949 USD
- Uganda 9 day Active Safari - 9 days from 1175 USD
- Uganda 14 day ultimate safari - 14 days from 3710 USD
- Uganda Classic Safari - 15 days from 1480 EUR
- Cultural Immersion in Uganda - 12 days from 1240 EUR
- Birding the Pearl - 10 days from 950 EUR
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 285 EUR
- The Unexplored East - 5 days from 475 EUR
- Chimps & the Big Four - 6 days from 625 EUR
- Experience the Nile - 4 days from 380 EUR
Email the tour operator - Primate Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.