Gorilla tracking in Uganda 10Days 9Nights
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 3285 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/22/2010
The safari begins in Kampala Uganda and ends in Kampala. You will visit the, the chimpanzee sanctuary at Kibale national park the famous Bwindi impenetratable national park home to the Mountain Gorillas Mbarara for a cultural adventure. The trip also extends to Ssese Island where you will relax and interact with the locals. The island is very rich in culture and is believed to be most sacred place for the ancestors. This safari will give unforgettable experience of Uganda.
Kampala - Kibale National Park.
After breakfast, you will be met by our guide at your residence for start of safari. Transfer to Fort Portal with a stop over for lunch en-route. Relax
at your hotel in the afternoon.
Kibale National Park.
After Breakfast go for chimpanzee tracking at the wilderness of Kibale national park. You will also see and other primates including l'hoestes, Red Colobus, and blue red tailed and gray cheeked mangabey. Enjoy the services of our guide who will give you detailed information on primates, forest, flora and fauna. Afternoon visit to Bigodi swamp, see other mammals and primates including the rare red Columbus monkey and the Sitatunga.
Dinner and overnight at Primate Lodge/ Ndali Lodge for Luxury accommodation or Rwenzori View Guest House for Medium range accommodation. FB
Kibale National Park - Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
After breakfast transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest by driving through the 'Switzerland of Africa' area known as Kigezi Highlands with its terraced hillside and winding roads. Pass through Ishasha where you will have an opportunity to see the tree climbing lions or take the alternative route through the cultivated area.
Overnight at Buhoma Homestead for Luxury accommodation or Mantana tented Camp for Medium range accommodation and Buhoma Community FB.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
After breakfast we will travel to Bwindi Impenetrable forest the home of gorillas. A magnificent verdant swathe across the steep ridges of the Albertine Rift Valley, this ancient rainforest - one of the few in Africa to have flourished throughout the last Ice Age is home to half of the world's mountain gorillas. Looking deep into the expressive brown eyes of these gentle giants is surely the most thrilling and poignant wildlife encounter that Africa has to offer - but we should not let it distract us from Bwindi's broader biodiversity, a result of its immense antiquity and an altitude span from 1,160 to 2,607m. The national park has 90 mammal species,including 11 primates, of which the black-and-white colobus, with its lovely flowing white tail is prominent. The forest birding ranks with the best in Uganda, with 23 highly localized Albertine Rift endemics present.
Dinner and overnight at Gorilla Resort or Buhomma community Bandas. Buhoma Homestead for Luxury accommodation or Mantana tented Camp for Medium range accommodation and Buhoma Community FB.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park - Mbarara
Drive to Mbarara evening entertainment by the Banyankole in ekitaguriro.
Overnight stay at Lake View Regency Hotel or Agip Motel FB.
After breakfast drive to Lake Mburo National Park for a game drive and after noon boat trip. Dinner and overnight stay at Mantana camp or Rwonyo camp FFB
Mbarara -Ssese Island
After breakfast drive to Bugoma where you will take a boat trip to Ssese Island and on arrival, transfer to Islands Camp for check in. In the afternoon, explore the Island which belongs to Kalangala District and lie in the north-western section of Lake Victoria 45-minutes by the local ferry from Bukakata to Bugoma on Buggala, the largest of the islands. Many of the 84 islands are uninhabited except for a few fishermen, so the forests and swamps which abound around some of the coasts make the islands a perfect habitat for birds. It should be easy to spot the whale-headed Stork and the many herons and geese, but more exclusive birds include the Grey Parrot,kingfishers and Fish Eagles. The wildlife on the Islands includes hippo and crocodile, found near the shores. Waterbuck roam freely, as does the shy Sitatunga antelope. In the forested areas, chimps and monkeys swing from the
trees. Vervet and colobus monkeys are also seen as is a prolific variety of water and forest birds including hornbill, turaco, flycatcher, weaver, fish
eagle, paradise flycatcher, colorful butterflies.
Dinner and overnight at Islands Club.
Spend days exploring the Ssese Islands with forest walks which offer excellent bird watching or engage in sport fishing. There is a cacophony of jungle sounds to marvel accommodation is on full board at the Islands Club, which is set beneath a high forest just off a white sandy beach and is a combination of tented and en-suite wooden cabins with each cottage having a bar, water-closet toilet and shower.
In the morning after breakfast transfer to the boat for the ride back to the port to the mainland or continue with your stay at the island the choice is
- Inclusions -
- All Meals and accommodation as per the itinerary, Chimpanzee permit, All ground transportation in a comfortable 4x4 vehicle,Park entrance fees, Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide, Water, coffee or Tea while on safari, All boat trips, All game drives, All airport pick ups and drops, All activities at stipulated in the itinerary, And all government taxes/levies.
- Exclusions -
- Bar Bills, Tips to drivers and guides, Phone calls, Personal insurance, Laundry, Air fare,All other Services of a personal nature
- Extras -
- Gorilla Permit per Person $500
Please note the gorilla tracking in this itinerary can be done in Rwanda as well if permits/accommodation can't be got in Uganda at the time of your booking.
Gorilla tracking is dependant on the permits availability at the time of your booking. Gorilla permits in all parks are in a very high demand and we
advise that you book them as early as possible.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kampala
- Uganda Mountain climbing and Adventure 16 Days 15 Nights - from 7200 USD
- Experience the best of bustling Kampala - from 70 USD
- Single City Tour - from 250 USD
- Kampala City Tour - from 65 USD
- Uganda Birding Wildlife Private Safari Special 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 6240 USD
- Hiking on Mt Rwenzori in Uganda 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1595 USD
- The Amazing Gorilla and Chimpanze Trek 7 Days Safari - 7 days from 1890 USD
- Bwindi 3 days Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 950 USD
- Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1224 USD
- World Class White Water Rafting on the Nile River - 2 days from 195 USD
- Ssesse Island Tour - 3 days from 1250 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 1840 USD
- 09 Days Ruwenzori Hike - 9 days from 1800 USD
- 04 Days Murchison Falls Safari - 4 days from 620 USD
- Gorilla Thriller Safari - 5 days from 2450 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1275 USD
- 18 Day Safari Itinerary - 18 days from 2900 USD
- 5 Days Gorilla and Primate Safari - 5 days from 705 USD
- 15 Days Best Of Uganda - 15 days from 2200 USD
- 17 Days Safari Gorillas Wildlife Primates and Adventure - 17 days from 2480 USD
- Gorilla Trekking Adventure - 3 days from 400 USD
- Best of Uganda Tour - 9 days from 1315 USD
- Gorillas & Chimpanzee and Wildlife Adventure - 14 days from 2000 USD
- 12 Days Primates Safari Uganda Rwanda - 12 days from 2272 USD
- Primates Safari 18 Days - 18 days from 1989 USD
- 5 Days Safari to Lake Mburo & Queen and Bwindi - 5 days from 1469 USD
- 3 Days City Tour - 3 days from 850 USD
- 4 Days Queen and Bwindi National Parks - 4 days from 850 USD
- 2 Days Lake Mburo - 2 days from 345 USD
- Bwndi Adventure Safaris - 8 days from 1650 USD
- Gorilla Trekking - 3 days from 426 USD
- 5 Days Primate Safari Itinerary - 5 days from 780 USD
- 8 Day Gorilla Safari - 8 days from 1270 USD
- 3 Days Safari Semliki NP - 3 days from 520 USD
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Tour - 3 days from 689 USD
- Gorilla Safari Uganda Rwanda - 5 days from 1490 USD
- Safari to Uganda Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls National... - 5 days from 840 USD
- Gorillas in Bwindi 3 Days - 3 days from 910 USD
- Ssese islands Safari - 4 days from 210 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 3 days from 890 USD
- Marvelous Safari - 15 days from 1752 USD
- Uganda Primates Safari - 9 days from 1360 USD
- Wildlife in Three Parks - 5 days from 1785 USD
- Mountaineering - 7 days from 3200 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 6 days from 1270 USD
- Uganda Great Primates Safari - 7 days from 1300 USD
- 21 Days Grand Tour - 21 days from 2000 USD
- 8 Days Hike to Mountain Elgon - 8 days from 595 USD
- 6 Nights 7 Days Tour Of Kibaale Forest Queen Elizabeth & The... - 7 days from 1119 USD
- 12 Days Cultural Tour - 12 days from 1023 USD
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 593 USD
- 7 Days Birding aba 14 - 7 days from 1521 USD
- 10 Days Hike To The Rwenzoris The Mountains Of The Moon - 10 days from 1294 USD
- Murchison Falls National Park - 3 days from 600 USD
- Gorilla Tracking Express - 3 days from 1600 USD
- Gorilla Thrill - 8 days from 2500 USD
- Primate Watch Adventure - 10 days from 0 USD
- Gorillas in Uganda Rwanda & Congo Primate safaris Nature &... - 11 days from 2525 USD
- Uganda Gorilla Safari and Chimps - 13 days from 3949 USD
- Uganda 9 day Active Safari - 9 days from 1175 USD
- Uganda 14 day ultimate safari - 14 days from 3710 USD
- Uganda Classic Safari - 15 days from 1480 EUR
- Cultural Immersion in Uganda - 12 days from 1240 EUR
- Birding the Pearl - 10 days from 950 EUR
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 285 EUR
- The Unexplored East - 5 days from 475 EUR
- Chimps & the Big Four - 6 days from 625 EUR
- Primate Tour - 8 days from 880 EUR
- Experience the Nile - 4 days from 380 EUR
Email the tour operator - Gorilla tracking in Uganda 10Days 9Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.