Cultural Immersion in Uganda
- Price from:
- 1240 EUR /person
- +256 (0)41 267 153
- +256 (0)41 267 153
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, English, Dutch
Last updated: 05/04/2007
Explore the rural charm of untouched Africa! Go off the beaten track and get to know the REAL Africa. A unique combination of nature and culture!
You will be welcomed by a representative of Great Lakes Safaris who will transfer you to your hotel in Kampala. Dinner and overnight at Olympia Hotel.
After breakfast you will be taken on a tour within the greenest city in Africa. Some of the highlights are:
* The Kasubi tombs : a traditional feature. It is the largest mausoleum in Africa, a special burial place for Buganda kings. Our guide will be pleased to give you a brief and interesting history.
* The Ugandan Museum : a historical feature with lots of colonial, cultural and traditional collections.
* Namugongo Shrines : a historical and traditional feature. The place where the first Ugandan Christians were murdered at the orders of a Buganda king.
* Makerere University : visit the first and the oldest university in East Africa.
* Kabakas Lake : visit the biggest man made lake in East Africa. It was made under the instruction of the Kabaka of Buganda.
* Namirembe Cathedral - the first and oldest religious feature that was constructed by the European missionaries.
* Bahai temple : visit the biggest and only religious temple building of its kind in Africa.
* The craft village : place to buy African art, carvings, masks of your desire.
With a lunch break in the middle of the day you may not be able to visit all the spots mentioned. At least the best will be given. Late in the afternoon retire to your hotel. Dinner and overnight at Olympia Hotel.
KAMPALA : FORT PORTAL
Early breakfast and then transfer to Fort Portal through the verdant countryside and passing traditional homesteads and farms. Fort Portal rests in the shadow of the fabled Mountains of the Moon. Dinner and overnight at overnight at Rwenzori View Guesthouse, excellent accommodation with view of the Rwenzori Mountains.
CRATER LAKES & BIGODI SWAMP
Early in the morning transfer to the small village Bigodi for a beautiful nature walk. The Bigodi Swamp Walk is an initiative of the local community and takes approximately 2 hours. The swamp is known for its rich diversity of birds and primates. After lunch we will pass the region of the Crater Lakes. Enjoy the beauty of the numerous small lakes, surrounded by gentle hills, and the stunning views. Dinner and overnight at Rwenzori View Guesthouse.
Today you will visit the Bunyoro Kingdom for an introductory tour about their culture. This includes the Karambi Tombs where their kings are buried. After lunch visit to the Nyinamwiru Caves which have developed attractive stalactites and stalagmites. You will make a tour in the crater lakes for stunning views and birding. Later retire to Rwenzori View Guesthouse for dinner and overnight.
FORT PORTAL : NSHENYI
Departure for Mbarara where you will have lunch before continuing to Nshenyi Village. A beautiful route will take you to this hidden, rural farm, where you can experience the traditional way of living. Enjoy the rolling countryside of the Ankole Kingdom, relax in the raw comforts of nature and listen to the silence. Dinner and overnight at the farm Nshenyi Village.
The morning starts early as you will go to the field to milk the long horned Ankole cows. Beat the early morning mist as you squat to a lifetime memory of milking with your bare hands. Return to the farm for breakfast, before we take a short walk to the village of a Bahima tribe. Experience the lifestyle of this traditional tribe and learn more about where they live, what they eat and all their native habits. In the afternoon, after lunch, you may want to decide to go for a nature walk to the River Kagera, a natural border with Rwanda. The trail leads you through the undulating hills that overlook Nshenyi Village. Watch the unparalleled richness of bird species as you look right into Rwanda. In the evening you can enjoy a traditional dancing and singing of a non-professional local group. Dinner and overnight at the farm Nshenyi Village.
Another day of relaxing in the raw comforts of nature! You may join the pastors and spend some time in the field while grazing the cows. Or enjoy the process of turning milk into ghee while sitting within an enchanting traditional hut. You may also choose to visit a local school, have another nature walk or spend a day on an open market and see how Wall Street comes to life in rural Africa! Dinner and overnight at the farm Nshenyi Village.
NSHENYI : KAMPALA
After breakfast we depart Nshenyi. Enjoy the magnificent view one more time as we head back to Mbarara. Continue to Kampala with lunch en route and the usual interesting stops like at the Uganda Equator where you can shop for souvenirs and take photos. In the afternoon arrival in Kampala. Dinner and overnight at Olympia Hotel.
KAMPALA : JINJA
A visit to the lovely town of Jinja. The highlights of the tour are:
* Mabira Forest : a walk in the lush green forest, which is one of the biggest forests in East Africa and hosts a variety of bird species and monkeys.
* Sezibwa Falls - a traditional site known for its spectacular falls that subsides into two small rivers that smartly split. One heads northeast to lake Kyoga and the other heads northwest to the Nile. Not surprisingly they are called the Twin Rivers.
* The sugar cane plantations and tea estates.
* Bujagali falls - spectacular falls on the Nile, a grade five rapid for the rafters. Most likely have a chance of seeing a man daringly sail through the rapids with the aid of only a plastic Jeri can.
* Source of the Nile : see how the longest river of the world starts its journey through Africa.
Check in for dinner and overnight at Adrift Nile High Camp and relax while you enjoy the beautiful sunset over the Nile.
Ready for a full day of adventure? Then start rafting at the source of the Nile. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and thundering rapids of the White Nile. Don't forget to watch the incredible birdlife as you drift quietly between the rapids of the river.
Those who prefer a more peaceful experience of the Nile can also decide to go for a wonderful river journey for the whole family. Instead of choosing the wildest rapids, we drift swiftly between beautiful forested islands, bounce down smaller rapids and explore the least known channels. After this exciting day we head back to Kampala for the night. Dinner and overnight at Olympia Hotel.
Enriched with an experience of a life time and unforgettable memories you will say goodbye to the Pearl of Africa. Depending on the time of departure you will be transferred to the airport for you flight back home. We are looking forward to seeing you again!
- Inclusions -
- Mineral water throughout the safari
- Exclusions -
- Full day rafting (USD$95 per person)
- Extras -
- Upgrading: If you wish to stay in luxury accommodation please notify so we can inform you about the upgrade fees. Tailor-made: If you wish to make some adjustments in the proposed itinerary please let us know. We are specialised in tailor-made safaris, so we will reply to any request.
For more details and tailor-made safaris please contact us!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kampala
- Uganda Mountain climbing and Adventure 16 Days 15 Nights - from 7200 USD
- Experience the best of bustling Kampala - from 70 USD
- Single City Tour - from 250 USD
- Kampala City Tour - from 65 USD
- Uganda Birding Wildlife Private Safari Special 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 6240 USD
- Gorilla tracking in Uganda 10Days 9Nights - 10 days from 3285 USD
- Hiking on Mt Rwenzori in Uganda 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1595 USD
- The Amazing Gorilla and Chimpanze Trek 7 Days Safari - 7 days from 1890 USD
- Bwindi 3 days Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 950 USD
- Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1224 USD
- World Class White Water Rafting on the Nile River - 2 days from 195 USD
- Ssesse Island Tour - 3 days from 1250 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Tour - 3 days from 1840 USD
- 09 Days Ruwenzori Hike - 9 days from 1800 USD
- 04 Days Murchison Falls Safari - 4 days from 620 USD
- Gorilla Thriller Safari - 5 days from 2450 USD
- Bwindi Gorilla Trek - 3 days from 1275 USD
- 18 Day Safari Itinerary - 18 days from 2900 USD
- 5 Days Gorilla and Primate Safari - 5 days from 705 USD
- 15 Days Best Of Uganda - 15 days from 2200 USD
- 17 Days Safari Gorillas Wildlife Primates and Adventure - 17 days from 2480 USD
- Gorilla Trekking Adventure - 3 days from 400 USD
- Best of Uganda Tour - 9 days from 1315 USD
- Gorillas & Chimpanzee and Wildlife Adventure - 14 days from 2000 USD
- 12 Days Primates Safari Uganda Rwanda - 12 days from 2272 USD
- Primates Safari 18 Days - 18 days from 1989 USD
- 5 Days Safari to Lake Mburo & Queen and Bwindi - 5 days from 1469 USD
- 3 Days City Tour - 3 days from 850 USD
- 4 Days Queen and Bwindi National Parks - 4 days from 850 USD
- 2 Days Lake Mburo - 2 days from 345 USD
- Bwndi Adventure Safaris - 8 days from 1650 USD
- Gorilla Trekking - 3 days from 426 USD
- 5 Days Primate Safari Itinerary - 5 days from 780 USD
- 8 Day Gorilla Safari - 8 days from 1270 USD
- 3 Days Safari Semliki NP - 3 days from 520 USD
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Tour - 3 days from 689 USD
- Gorilla Safari Uganda Rwanda - 5 days from 1490 USD
- Safari to Uganda Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls National... - 5 days from 840 USD
- Gorillas in Bwindi 3 Days - 3 days from 910 USD
- Ssese islands Safari - 4 days from 210 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 3 days from 890 USD
- Marvelous Safari - 15 days from 1752 USD
- Uganda Primates Safari - 9 days from 1360 USD
- Wildlife in Three Parks - 5 days from 1785 USD
- Mountaineering - 7 days from 3200 USD
- Gorilla Safari - 6 days from 1270 USD
- Uganda Great Primates Safari - 7 days from 1300 USD
- 21 Days Grand Tour - 21 days from 2000 USD
- 8 Days Hike to Mountain Elgon - 8 days from 595 USD
- 6 Nights 7 Days Tour Of Kibaale Forest Queen Elizabeth & The... - 7 days from 1119 USD
- 12 Days Cultural Tour - 12 days from 1023 USD
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 593 USD
- 7 Days Birding aba 14 - 7 days from 1521 USD
- 10 Days Hike To The Rwenzoris The Mountains Of The Moon - 10 days from 1294 USD
- Murchison Falls National Park - 3 days from 600 USD
- Gorilla Tracking Express - 3 days from 1600 USD
- Gorilla Thrill - 8 days from 2500 USD
- Primate Watch Adventure - 10 days from 0 USD
- Gorillas in Uganda Rwanda & Congo Primate safaris Nature &... - 11 days from 2525 USD
- Uganda Gorilla Safari and Chimps - 13 days from 3949 USD
- Uganda 9 day Active Safari - 9 days from 1175 USD
- Uganda 14 day ultimate safari - 14 days from 3710 USD
- Uganda Classic Safari - 15 days from 1480 EUR
- Birding the Pearl - 10 days from 950 EUR
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - 3 days from 285 EUR
- The Unexplored East - 5 days from 475 EUR
- Chimps & the Big Four - 6 days from 625 EUR
- Primate Tour - 8 days from 880 EUR
- Experience the Nile - 4 days from 380 EUR
Email the tour operator - Cultural Immersion in Uganda
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.