Zanzibar Spice Island
- Price from:
- 400 USD /person
- +255 27 250 9396
- +255 27 254 4640
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- 4 hours
- Location Start:
- Dar es salaam
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 12/27/2006
The island of Unguja along with Pemba forms a semi autonomous state of Zanzibar. Situated 25km off the east African mainland and about 6 degrees south of equator, Zanzibar is a true tropical paradise.
The stone town, the oldest part of Zanzibar, consists of 2500 buildings all made of coral stone, lime and clay, hence the name.
The stone town is built on a 95 acres peninsula. With its narrow lanes, 45 mosques, 2 old churches, 4 Hindu halls and baobab trees, the old town is the most interesting and fascinating part of Zanzibar.
In former times Zanzibar greatly prospered because of the production of spices. The Oman sultan Said Sayyid moved his capital from Muscat to Zanzibar and encouraged the growth of spice. Zanzibar was in an advantageous position in spice trade because other spices islands were further from Europe.
NORTH COAST TRIP (NUNGWI)Nungwi is the northern most point of Zanzibar island where the local dhow building industry is located. This is an idyllic sport for visitors who enjoy swimming and sun bathing on the white sand.
CRUISING/ DHOW SABRAN JAMIIL Sail daily at 17:30hrs from the beach in front of Sweet Easy. It sail for approximately 1.5 hours and serve drinks (beer, wine, sodas, mineral water, coffee) and Zanzibar home made snacks on board. The experience is quite traditional and the guests really enjoy it.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Zanzibar
- City Tour Stone Town 3 Hrs - from 75 USD
- Long Spice Tour 7 Hours - from 300 USD
- Prison Island Tour Unlimited Time - from 250 USD
- Jozian Monkey Forest Tour Unlimited Time - from 300 USD
- Dolphin Tour Unlimited Time - from 450 USD
- Cooking Lessons Zanzibar Cuisine - from 19 EUR
- Prison Island Tours Giant Tortoise - from 30 USD
- Swahilis Village Tour - from 25 USD
- Stone Town Tour - from 35 USD
- Dolphin Adventure - from 50 USD
- Spice Tours Firm & Shop Visit - from 35 USD
- Jozani Monkeys Forest - from 35 USD
Email the tour operator - Zanzibar Spice Island
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.