5 Days Kilimanjaro Climb Marangu
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 1080 USD /person
- +254 20 2229484
- +254 20 2246739
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 03.30 pm
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English, Kiswahili
Last updated: 05/19/2009
It takes about 5 days to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, which is the highest mountain in Africa. Any physically fit person can climb it. Marangu is the shorter and the shorter and most travelled route
Marangu Gate (1,828m) to Mandara Hut (2,743m)
Elevation Gain: 915 meters
Hiking Time: 3 to 5 hours
Distance: 6 kilometers
After breakfast, vehicle transfer to Marangu gate. Start the climb through fascinating rain forests till you reach the first hut Mandara. Meals and overnight at the hut.
The A-frame Mandara Huts(meal time)can accommodate up to seventy people and consist of several sleeping huts and a dining area. All of Marangu's huts have beds with mattresses and pillows. During high season, the huts can be crowded and you may have to wait your turn to eat dinner in the dining hall.
Mandara Hut (2,743m) to Horombo Hut (3,720m)
Elevation Gain: 977 meters
Hiking Time: 5 to 7 hours
Distance: 11 kilometers
After breakfast, follow the ascending path through the alpine - meadow. The altitude begins to change and slowdown your pace while enjoying the flora and the view of Mawenzi and Kibo peaks. Arrive at the Horombo Hut 12km from Mandara. Meals and overnight at the hut.
Although extremely busy, the Horombo Huts are considered to be the nicest lodging on Kilimanjaro. The small, A-frame buildings can accommodate up to eight people each and provide lodging for hikers ascending, descending and acclimatizing. Horombo can accommodate up to one hundred hikers and many more porters, cooks and guides. There is only one dining hut at Horombo, making meal times a bit hectic.
Horombo Hut (3,720m) to Kibo Hut (4,750m)
Elevation Gain: 1,030 meters
Hiking Time: 5 to 6 hours
Distance: 11 kilometers
After breakfast, resume the climb, the landscape becomes rugged and rocky. Lobelias begin to appear. Climb to Kibo Hut. Meals and overnight at the hut.
The Kibo huts are made of stone and are not very warm. Make sure you have a four-season sleeping bag or a three-season bag with an extra sleep sheet. Most hikers experience some of the effects of altitude sickness at this point. Be sure you are aware of altitude sickness symptoms, and if you are feeling very sick, please tell your guide.
Kibo Hut (4,750m) to Summit (5,895m) to Horombo Hut (3,720m)
Elevation Gain: 1,145 meters
Elevation Loss: 2,175 meters
Hiking Time: 12 to 15 hours
Distance to Uhuru: 5 kilometers
Distance from Uhuru to Horombo - 16 kilometers
The beginning of the last ascent is made in the wee hrs of the morning while the scree is still frozen. Climb the very steep part of the route to GILMANS POINT (most difficult and tiring part of the climb). UHURU PEAK is reached within an hour's walk along the crater rim. (19,344ft). Start the walk along the craters rim. (19,344ft). Start the descent to Horombo hut for overnight.
Horombo Hut (3,720m) to Marangu Gate (1,828m)
Elevation Loss: 1,892 meters
Distance: 17 kilometers
Hiking Time: 4 to 5 hours
Vehicle transfer from the gate back to Moshi. Check in at the hotel. After lunch, have a good rest at the hotel. Overnight at Buffalo hotel.
- Inclusions -
- 2 nights accommodation in a Moshi hotel - bed & breakfast
- Exclusions -
- Anything not mentioned above
- Extras -
- Guaranteed departure available with minimum of 2 persons
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Moshi
- Mount Kilimanjaro climbing expeditions - 7 days from 1480 USD
- Scenic African Safaris Tour Tanzania 6 Days - 6 days from 240 USD
- Rongai Route Exciting Kilimanjaro Climbing Adventure - 8 days from 185 USD
- 6 Days Kilimanjaro Climb Machame - 6 days from 1070 USD
- Kilimanjaro Marathon 2007 - 3 days from 40 USD
- Xmas&Newyear in Tanzania - 17 days from 20 USD
- Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro Safari Tour - 15 days from 5000 USD
- Mount Kilimanjaro climbing and trekking on daily departures - 7 days from 1280 USD
- Kilimanjaro Marangu Route - 6 days from 1080 USD
Email the tour operator - 5 Days Kilimanjaro Climb Marangu
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.