Mt Kilimanjaro Rongai Route
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 1490 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 days
- Location Start:
- Kilimanjaro Airport
- Location Finish:
- Kilimanjaro Airport
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
- German, French, English
Last updated: 07/10/2009
Rongai route is the only route that offers a long stretch of Chagga land as you travel from Moshi to Nalemoru Snow Cap Cottages.
SNOW CAP is the specialist & original founder of this Route.
Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport (K IA) and transfer to Moshi in a hotel for dinner & overnight.
After breakfast transfer from Moshi to Snow-Cap Cottages at Naleimoru/Rongai starting point. Clients check in their rooms, wash and have lunch in the restaurant. Short program of culture tour can be arranged to fill your day, and sight seeing. Clients go back to the cottages for evening coffee where briefing with guides is followed by dinner and overnight.
After breakfast climb starts through pine forest where the Colobus Monkey can be viewed. The walk will take 4 hours to reach Sekimba campsite with lunch break in between at the edge of forest. Overnight will be spent in tents at the first cave (2800m)
You start in morning walking through the Moorland heading for the 2nd cave (3300m) where you will take your lunch. After lunch you proceed to Kikelelwa cave for dinner and overnight in tents.
After breakfast, you continue towards the Mawenzi Tarn Hut (4330m), lunch will be taken on the way. From the Tarn Hut you will enjoy a magnificent view towards Kibo your final target. The night will be spent in tents.
After your last good rest before the summit ascend, you hike to School Hut (4750m) where you have dinner and rest in the hut.
After a short night and a hot drink, the final ascend starts at about 1:30 a.m. The path leads through gradually steeper getting screed to the Gilman's point (5685m) from where you can watch sunrise and the magnificent ice fields. After a short break, you then proceed along the crater rim to the Uhuru Peak (5895m) reaching there at about 9.00 a.m. After your summit photo, you then descend to Kibo Hut for lunch before dropping to Horombo Hut (3720m) where the night will be spent.
The final leg, which takes about 6 hours, starts heading for Marangu gate (1800m). Here, you will be awarded your certificate before proceeding to Moshi / Arusha for a hot shower dinner and overnight.
Transfer to departure at Kilimanjaro International Airport or your next safari destination.
- Inclusions -
- Transport to Snow Cap Cottages - (Overnight)
- Exclusions -
- Tips for guides & Porters
- Extras -
- Our Prices also base on the number of Pax, The higher the number the lower the price.
Apart from the coffee and banana plantation that you will see throughout your 2 1/2 hours trip to Snow Cap Cottages near Nalemoru gate, you shall also have an opportunity to see the weekly local markets in different areas along the road.
For sure you will be seeing and learning the lives of the habitants of Kilimanjaro in the rural area.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kilimanjaro
- Beyond Adventure 15 Days 14 Nights Safari - 15 days from 3980 USD
- 3 Days Tarangire - 3 days from 905 USD
- 4 Days Lake Manyara Ngorongoro - 4 days from 1225 USD
- 5 Days Manyara Serengeti Ngorongoro - 5 days from 1780 USD
- 6 Days Ngorongoro Ndutu - 6 days from 2185 USD
- 7 Days Ngorongoro Serengeti Manyara Tarangire - 7 days from 1975 USD
- Mt Kilimanjaro Machame Route - 8 days from 1510 USD
- Mt Kilimanjaro Marangu Route - 7 days from 1554 USD
- Mt Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route - 10 days from 1750 USD
- Peak Of Africa Kilimanjaro Climb Machame Route - 6 days from 1050 USD
- Nature Wildlife Viewing & Cultural Tourism in Tanzania - 8 days from 2240 USD
- Kilimanjaro The Machame Route - 8 days from 1110 USD
Email the tour operator - Mt Kilimanjaro Rongai Route
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.