Mt Kilimanjaro Machame Route
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 1510 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Kilimanjaro Airport
- Location Finish:
- Kilimanjaro Airport
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
- German, French, English
Last updated: 07/10/2009
The Whisky Route. This is a popular route up-steep paths through magnificent forests to gain a ridge leading through the moorland zones to the Shira Plateau. SnowCap team can make your dream come true
Arrival Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA) and transfer to Moshi in a hotel for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast transfer to Machame gate starting point (2000m). A clear track continues up through plantation and natural forest to the ridge between the Weru Weru stream and the Makoa until the trailhead is reached. From here a narrow forest path continues to Machame Huts (3000m) where the night will be spent.
To reach upper routes and huts you cross the valley at Machame Huts and continue up the steep ridge. After 3 - 4 hours the trail goes west into a gorge and ascends to Shira Hut (3800m) on the Shira Plateau. The night will be spent in tents.
Proceeding toward Kibo Peak , then turn southwards just before reaching the Lava outcrop beyond which the Lava tower Hut is located. Crossing several ridges and valleys, you arrive at the lip of the great Barranco, views from the camp at Barranco Hut at (3900m).
Descend into the Gorge then climb its vertical Eastern wall, walk beneath Kibo's Southern ice field. Still going until the path descends into the shallow Karanga valley (last water) crossing Lava ridge to the Barafu Hut at (4600m).
You begin the summit climb in the frigid post midnight hours. Passing through boulder-strewn ridge and a gap between the Rebmann and Ratzel Claciers to arrive at the rim, near Stella point about midway between Gilman's point and Uhuru. You then proceed to Uhuru Peak at (5895m). After your summit photo, you then descend to Mweka Hut (3000m) where night will be spent.
After breakfast, the final leg that takes about 2 hours starts heading for Mweka gate (1500m). You will be awarded a certificate for successful climb. You then proceed to Moshi / Arusha for a hot shower before dinner and overnight.
Transfer to departure Kilimanjaro International Airport or to your next safari destination.
- Inclusions -
- Food for clients on the mountain
- Exclusions -
- Tips for guides & Porters
- Extras -
- Our Prices also base on the number of Pax, The higher the number the lower the price.
The program for Machame route can be 6 Days to 7 Days, Any extra day on the mountain can be arranged.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kilimanjaro
- Beyond Adventure 15 Days 14 Nights Safari - 15 days from 3980 USD
- 3 Days Tarangire - 3 days from 905 USD
- 4 Days Lake Manyara Ngorongoro - 4 days from 1225 USD
- 5 Days Manyara Serengeti Ngorongoro - 5 days from 1780 USD
- 6 Days Ngorongoro Ndutu - 6 days from 2185 USD
- 7 Days Ngorongoro Serengeti Manyara Tarangire - 7 days from 1975 USD
- Mt Kilimanjaro Rongai Route - 9 days from 1490 USD
- Mt Kilimanjaro Marangu Route - 7 days from 1554 USD
- Mt Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route - 10 days from 1750 USD
- Peak Of Africa Kilimanjaro Climb Machame Route - 6 days from 1050 USD
- Nature Wildlife Viewing & Cultural Tourism in Tanzania - 8 days from 2240 USD
- Kilimanjaro The Machame Route - 8 days from 1110 USD
Email the tour operator - Mt Kilimanjaro Machame Route
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.