Southern Circuit Tanzania
- Price from:
- 1520 USD /person
- + 255 784 695 680
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Dar ES Salaam
- Location Finish:
- Dar Es Salaam
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 07/20/2007
We are your safaris specialist to the beautiful and unexploited Southern Circuit. Leave the crowds behind and explore Selous G.Reserve,Ruaha,Mikumi,Udzungwa & Kitulo Nat.parks on foot,boat or vehicle
Depart from Dar es Salaam early in the morning for Udzungwa National Park.
UDZUNGWA NATIONAL PARK is the newest, opened to the public 1992, and one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in Tanzania. Covering an area of 1900 sq km., the uniqueness of this park lies in its biodiversity in hosting a variety of animals and plant species not found anywhere else in the world. The red colubus and the Sanje crested manabrey, elephants, buffalos, leopards, and sable antelopes are some of the residents in this park. A good range of birdlife is present which includes Rufous winged sunbird, Iringa akalat, Lagden's bush shrike and Udzungwa partridge. Activities include a hike to the Sanje water falls or a climb to the top of the Luhombereo, Udzungwa highest peak. Over night at the Udzungwa National campsite, full board
Morning walk to the waterfalls or hike to Luhombereo, Udzungwa highest peak. Over night at Udzungwa Nation
Depart in the morning after breakfast for Ruaha National Park. Afternoon game drives start as you enter into the park. Overnights at Ruaha National Parks' Hut, full board
Accompanied by an armed ranger, we start the day with a walking safari. Afternoon game drive, overnight at Ruaha National Parks' huts, full board
RUAHA NATIONAL PARK, Tanzania's 2nd biggest park and host to a number of animals which rare or absent in the North. The rare animals include the African Wild dog, roan and sable antelope and the greater kudu. The Great Ruaha River, which provides life to the park,flows through the eastern side of the park and is home to hippos, crocodiles and a variety of water birds.
Morning and afternoon game drives. Overnight at the Ruaha National Park Huts, full board.
MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK is flanked between the Uluguru and Udzungwa Mountains. Mikumi National Park is home to buffalos, giraffes, elephants, lions, zebras and leopards. The park is also famous for its wild dogs and 6m long pythons. Over night at Mikumi Campsite, full board
Depart after breakfast for Selous Game Reserve. Packed lunched en-route will be provided.Overnight at Campsite, full board.
Full day game drive with picnic lunch provided. Overnight at Campsite, full board.
Start the day with a morning boat safari. Late afternoon game drive and overnight at the Campsite, full board.Selous Game Reserve covering 50,000sq km, this is the largest game reserve in the world. The reserve supports an enormous number of elephants, buffalos and wildebeests. Other rare species include the African Hunting dog. The park provides home for some of the last remaining black rhinos.
Depart after morning drive to Dar es Salaam with packed lunch en-route and connect for flight home or extension to Zanzibar.
- Extras -
- Highlights on this safaris will be River Boat Safaris, Walking and trekking safaris , Game drives, cultral safaris and waterfalls
Prices inclusive of: accommodation in tents on sharing basis, three meals a day, English speaking driver/guide, cook, 4 WD vehicle, park fees, camping gear, sleeping bags or blanket with bed sheets, pillows, toilet paper, 1 x bottle of mosquito repellant, game activities as mentioned above, local evacuation medical cover.
Prices exclusive of: accommodation in Dar es Salaam prior to beginning of safari, visa, personal and travel insurance, tips, and drinks, any other activities not mentioned above, local/international flights
The Safari is for a minimum of four people with guaranteed set departures as follows:
03 August 2007:1 seat booked 4 open
13 August 2007:All seats open
25 August 2007:2 seats open
03 September 2007:All seats open
13 September 2007:All seats open
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Dar Es Salaam
- Mikumi Safari - 2 days from 395 USD
- Katavi & Mahale & Lake Tanganyika - 12 days from 4995 USD
- Zanzibar & Selous & Usambara Mountains - 13 days from 3355 USD
- Morogoro & Mikumi & Ruaha & Zanzibar - 13 days from 3995 USD
- 20 Days Best of Southern Circuit - 20 days from 12715 USD
- Zanzibar Beach And Cultural Holiday - 13 days from 1395 USD
- Ultimate 10 National Park Safari - 29 days from 11495 USD
- Family Safari - 16 days from 2900 USD
- Exotic Island of Zanzibar - 7 days from 1600 USD
- Southern Tanzania - 5 days from 1000 USD
Email the tour operator - Southern Circuit Tanzania
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.