Dar es Salaam City Tour
- Price from:
- 40 USD /person
- +255 784 991576
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Dar es Salaam
- Location Finish:
- Dar es Salaam
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 05/20/2008
The city is centred on the harbour where traditionally rigged dhows complete with modern cargo ships. The city itself is an eclectic mix of Swahili, Germany, Asian and British architecture, reflecting
We start at the ocean road hospital after a pickup from the clients place.
I explain the history of dar, give them all the important information they need to know about the tour and start sight seeing.
We go down to fish market see people and their life, taste food staffs, even do some shopping e.g. spices, fruits, sea shells that are not illegal and take photos.
Then we go up with Kivukoni front up to Clock tower, Samora Street, botanical garden, Kitumbini, Mosque street, Hindu temples then lunch at city garden restaurant.
After lunch we do Kariakoo, Tinga Tinga, Mwenge carvings then end up at the Village Museum and back to the their place.
Note: cameras are paid for at the village Museum because of local dances.
For the half day we do all except Mwenge carvings, Village museum and lunch.
- Inclusions -
- lunch, drinking water
- Exclusions -
- items of a personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Dar Es Salaam
- Haven of Peace Tour Dar Es Salaam - from 80 USD
- Mikumi Safari - 2 days from 395 USD
- Katavi & Mahale & Lake Tanganyika - 12 days from 4995 USD
- Zanzibar & Selous & Usambara Mountains - 13 days from 3355 USD
- Morogoro & Mikumi & Ruaha & Zanzibar - 13 days from 3995 USD
- 20 Days Best of Southern Circuit - 20 days from 12715 USD
- Zanzibar Beach And Cultural Holiday - 13 days from 1395 USD
- Ultimate 10 National Park Safari - 29 days from 11495 USD
- Family Safari - 16 days from 2900 USD
- Exotic Island of Zanzibar - 7 days from 1600 USD
- Southern Circuit Tanzania - 10 days from 1520 USD
- Southern Tanzania - 5 days from 1000 USD
Email the tour operator - Dar es Salaam City Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.