The Great Serengeti Migration Trail
- Special Occasions
- Price from:
- 1700 USD /person
- +255 754 826823
- +255 732 972 054
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 08.00 pm
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English, Swahili
Last updated: 04/04/2007
Come and see the World's Greatest wildlife migration visiting Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara and Tarangire. The best time to visit is December to Febr
ARUSHA TO LAKE MANYARA PARK : 130 KM / 2 HRS:
After your breakfast at 08.30 drive from Arusha with your packed lunch to Manyara park for game viewing. At 1300 hrs take your lunch in the park picnic area, evening drive to your lodge/ campsite for Dinner and overnight at Manyara.
MANYARA TO SERENGETI 190 KM / 3.5 : 4 HRS:
After breakfast at 0800 hrs drive from Manyara with your packed lunch and game enroute to the great Serengeti Plains via Ngorongoro Conservation Area.After lunch at leisure in the lodge/ campsite or proceed with your game drive around Seronera or trace the direction of the migration.
Dinner and Overnight in the Serengeti at Serengeti Serena Lodge, Serengeti Sopa Lodge, Seronera wildlife lodge, Kirawira Luxury Tented camp or budget campsite.
SERENGETI CENTRAL AREA:
After breakfast leave with your linch for game drive on the Serengeti Park acacia Savannah in the central to the east region. Around 12.30 and 13.00 break for your picnic lunch, thereafter proceed with tour afternoon game drive. Im mid January to February, much to mid April, 95% of females of wildebeest mate to a total of 600,00 then 8 to 8.5 months later those females that conceived give birth on the same southern plains after a long travel. Evening drive to your lodge/ campsite for your dinner and overnight at Serengeti.
SERENGETI SOUTHERN AREA
After breakfast take a packed lunch with you and continue with game viewing on Serengeti Park. The migration can be seen on a long chain approximately 40 Km heading to the south western direction. Around 1230 and 1300 break for your lunch. After lunch have a rest for one hr, then proceed with your game viewing following the move of the migrants on the southwest of the park. Aprox 1.3 million wildebeest, 250,000 gazelles and 200,000 Zebras have been recorded sharing the short grass/ water which is the source of food for the millions of Animals in this South Area.
Dinner and overnight at Serengeti Lodge/ Campsite.
SERENGETI : NGORONGORO
After breakfast with your packed lunch drive and game enroute to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. It is your option whether you pass by Oldupai Gorge a historical site whereby the early man lived and can also pass by the Maasai boma if you are interested in the real African life tradition and culture, After your lunch enroute adds to the crater rim for your dinner and overnight Lodge/ Campsite.
NGORONGORO : CRATER
After breakfast , descend into the crater floor with your lunchbox for game viewing. The famous Ngorongoro Crate is rich of wildlife, each species have their own territories, so this is a very good time to visit the crater as it is during the end of November to December also during the end of the long rain season. Late April to May, numbers of animals come out for green grass and water so Spotting them becomes easy. Your packed lunch will be served on the crater floor at the picnic site near Lerai forest or hippo pool. Many crater visitors want to see rare species , the Balck rhinoceros' , this is the right time, because during the dry season is very hard to see them as they are afraid of sun burn.
Late afternoon ascend the crater for your dinner/ overnight on the crater rim, lodge/ campsite.
NGORONGORO : TARANGIRE
This morning after breakfast leave Ngorongoro with your lunch box to Tarangire Park for game drive. World large mammal Elephants are very common in the park, also world large trees Baobab Trees are everywhere on the park. Evening drive to your lodge/ campsite for dinner / overnight at Tarangire.
TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast at leisure in you lodge/ campsite until lunchtime and this time you take your hot lunch. After lunch continue with your rest until 1500 hr, the time you drive for evening game viewing on Tarangire Park. 1700 hrs back to your lodge. Campsite for dinner/ overnight Tarangire.
TARANGIRE TO ARUSHA
After breakfast, leave Tarangire with your packed lunch to Arusha town, there is an option if you would like to pass by Meserani Snake Park the place where you would have lunch and on your way there many curio shops you can stop and buy some souvenirs if you would like, our guides knows the safe place where you can stop and shop. Afternoon drive and arrive in arusha town check into your hotel/ campsite. Late evening drive to the center of Arusha town at the Central Market for bird watching, these birds ( sacred ibis, hummercop and hadad ibis are arriving from Lake Natron, Lake Manyar and Lake Eyasi).
Around 1830 hrs back to your lodge/ campsite for dinner and overnight.
ARUSHA : AIRPORT : HOME
After breakfast, at leisure in the lodge/ campsite or Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for you flight back home.
END OF TOUR
- Inclusions -
- Meet and assist at the Airport on arrival - Transfer from Airport to Tembo House Hotel on arrival and from hotel to airport on departure - All meals are included as indicated in itinerary - Excursions as per the Itinerary - Accommodation is based on standard rooms - Includes government taxes and surcharge
- Exclusions -
- Prices do not include International Flights
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Arusha
- Serengeti Balloon Safaris - from 495 USD
- Arusha Cultural Tours - from 20 USD
- Arusha Geneva Of Africa - from 20 USD
- Kenya and Tanzania Wildlife Trail and Climbing Oldonyo Lengai... - 11 days from 3380 USD
- Luxury Camping and Cultural Safari 7 Days 6 Nights - 7 days from 2065 USD
- Amazing Mount Meru Climbing 5 Days - 5 days from 645 USD
- Lions Tour to Serengeti and Other Parks Northern Circuit - 6 days from 1255 USD
- 5 Days Tanzania Camping Safari - 5 days from 935 USD
- Camping Adventures In Tanzania - 9 days from 0
- Babu Tour And Safari - 11 days from 3550 USD
- Tanzania photographic tours and safaris - 14 days from 4490 USD
- Climbing Kilimanjaro - 7 days from 1120 USD
- Manyara Ngorongoro Serengeti - 6 days from 2775 USD
- 7 Days Manyara Serengeti Ngorongoro - 7 days from 3140 USD
- 7 Days Manyara & Ngororngoro & Serengeti - 7 days from 3620 USD
- Kilimanjaro Marangu Route 6 Days - 6 days from 1495 USD
- Tanzania nature based wildlife safaris accommodations in... - 10 days from 3800 USD
- Best of Northern Circuit - 7 days from 1120 USD
- 7 Days Marangu Route - 5 days from 900 USD
- 14 Days Tanzania Expedition - 14 days from 3550 USD
- Serengeti and the Origin of Man Kind - 5 days from 1350 USD
- Kilimanjaro 05 Days Rongai Route Trek - 5 days from 1300 USD
- The Machame Mweka Trek 07 Days - 7 days from 1600 USD
- Kilimanjaro Shira Route 06 Days - 6 days from 1400 USD
- 5 Days Tanzania Safari - 5 days from 725 USD
- Vintage North Tanzania Safari - 6 days from 1522 USD
- Classic Northern Explorer - 8 days from 2023 USD
- Ngorongoro Crater and Simba Safari - 4 days from 934 USD
- Tailor Made Safaris To Serengeti - 4 days from 1500 USD
- Seven Days Bushmen Safari Tanzania - 7 days from 1800 USD
- Safaris - 7 days from 1.5 USD
- Ngorongoro Crater Tour - 5 days from 1500 USD
- Tanzania Wildlife Safari Holiday - 6 days from 2300 EUR
- Hunting Safari Tanzania Africa - 14 days from 21000 EUR
- Ngorongoro Crater Serengeti Lake Manyara - 6 days from 1120 EUR
- Touch of Nature and Culture - 8 days from 2750 USD
- Northern Circuit Parks - 10 days from 1000 USD
- Kilimanjaro Climbing - 6 days from 850 USD
- Climbing Kilimanjaro Tanzania - 7 days from 880 EUR
- Selous Game Reserve Wildlife Walking Safari 3 Days - 4 days from 365 USD
- Great Tour - 5 days from 930 USD
- 10 days Tanzania Adventure - 10 days from 1850 USD
- 14 Day Tanzania Exclusive Northern Circuit Classic Safari - 14 days from 6580 USD
- Mountain Trekking - 7 days from 1050 USD
- Serengeti Classic Camping Safari - 9 days from 1200 USD
- Great Migration Adventure - 8 days from 1400 USD
- Photographic Safaris - 8 days from 1500 USD
- Mount Kilimanjaro Adventure - 8 days from 1300 USD
- Mount Kilimanjaro Cycling - 7 days from 1400 USD
- Hadzabe Cultural Visits - 4 days from 500 USD
- Barbaig Cultural Visits - 4 days from 500 USD
- Chimpanzee Safaris - 5 days from 2600 USD
- Climbing mt Kilimanjaro Trip - 6 days from 900 USD
- Wildlife Safaris & Cultural Tours Tanzania - 8 days from 600 USD
- Marangu Route 5 days Mount Kilimanjaro with Rift Cross Safaris - 5 days from 920 USD
- Nature Ecotourism Safaris - 9 days from 800 USD
- Wildlife safari & game viewing tour Tanzania - 8 days from 2690 USD
- 22 days Best of East Africa wildlife and beach - 22 days from 4800 USD
- 8 Days 7 Nights Mt Meru Mountain Climbing Tour - 8 days from 1458 USD
- Kilimanjaro Roof of Africa - 8 days from 1350 USD
- Wildlife Adventure Safaris - 16 days from 980 USD
- Safari Kilimanjaro Zanzibar - 15 days from 3.3 USD
Email the tour operator - The Great Serengeti Migration Trail
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.