Safari Kilimanjaro Zanzibar
- Price from:
- 3.3 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 15 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, Italian, French, English
Last updated: 06/18/2006
"Best of Tanzania" covers the major highlights of Tanzania - from climbing Kilimanjaro to a Lodge Safari in the Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti, Lake Manyara to a fantastic beach holiday on Zanzibar
Day 1 Arrive in Arusha Kilimanjaro Airport.
We'll meet for an introductory briefing by our representative upon our arrival in Arusha, before transferring you to the Moivaro Coffee Lodge for the evening.
Day 2 Kilimanjaro Climb - Arusha to Machame Camp.
Early in the morning we'll transfer you to the Machame Park Gate. After registering with the park authority, we'll begin our climb through the lush forest. We'll continue on to some beautiful heath land before reaching our overnight camp at Machame Camp (10,000 feet, 6-7 hours of walking).
Day 3 Kilimanjaro Climb - Machame Camp to Shira Camp.
Today's part of the ascent will continue across the heath land and alpine moorland with magnificent views of Kilimanjaro Peak. Overnight at Shira Camp (12,500 feet, 6-7 hours of walking).
Day 4 Kilimanjaro Climb - Shira Camp to Barranco Camp
We'll draw nearer the peak as we pass the Lava Tower. The trek becomes a bit more strenuous as the trail steepens on the approach to our overnight stop at Barranco Camp (13,800 feet, 5-6 hours of walking).
Day 5 Kilimanjaro Climb - Barranco Camp to Karanga Valley Camp
The day will begin with a descent into the Gorge, before we climb its eastern wall where we will enjoy views of Kilimanjaro's ice fields, an equatorial anomaly. We will continue trekking until we reach our camp in Karanga Valley (13,900 feet, 4-5 hours of walking).
Day 6 Kilimanjaro Climb - Karanga Valley Camp to Barafu Camp
We'll trek up through the Karanga Valley, following the lava ridge to the Barafu camp (15,500 feet, 6-7 hours of walking), where we will overnight.
Day 7 Kilimanjaro Climb - Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp
Just after midnight, we'll begin our summit attempt, passing between the Rebmann and Tarzel glaciers to the rim at Stella Point. As dawn nears, we'll summit at Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa at 19,340 feet. Uhuru will be the culmination of - and the reward for -- 6-7 hours of strenuous hiking. We'll then descend back to Barafu Camp, resting for a while before continuing our descent to Mweka Camp (9,840 feet, 3-4 hours of walking on the descent).
Day 8 Kilimanjaro Climb - Mweka Camp to Park Gate, Transfer to Arusha
On our final day we just descend to Machame Gate, where our car waits for you. After bidding our farewells to our guide and porters transfer to Moivaro Coffee Lodge, for relaxation. (2-3 hrs walking)
Day 9 Start of Safari: Ngorongoro Crater
Your Safari starts with the drive to Ngorongoro Crater. Your Driver/Guide will make several stops along the way at various places of interest, including a stop at the edge of the escarpment overlooking Lake Manyara. After arrival in Ngorongoro you will descend into the crater for a game drive at the bottom. As very few animals migrate in and out of the crater with its 2000 ft. high walls, you can expect to see lions, elephants, zebras, hippos, flamingos, jackals, rhinos, antelopes, many birds and other species. Your Driver/Guide will be in contact with other safari drivers and will amaze you with his skill at locating the hidden animals. Overnight at a lodge at Ngorongoro. All meals included
After breakfast you start on your way to Serengeti National Park. A picnic lunch will be provided. On the way you will stop at the Olduvai Gorge where anthropologists Louis and Mary Leakey made many significant discoveries, contributing to the theory that human life originated in Africa. After stopping for your picnic lunch on a kopje (rock outcropping) in Serengeti you will continue further into the park and go on a game drive. Overnight at a lodge at Serengeti. All meals included.
A full day of game drives around Serengeti. Depending on the time of year and the migration of the herds you can expect to see wildebeest, lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, monkeys, baboons, hippos, rhinos, antelopes and many birds and other species. As in Ngorongoro your Driver/Guide will be in contact with other safari drivers and will amaze you with his skill at locating the hidden animals. Overnight at a lodge at Serengeti. All meals included
After breakfast we head to Lake Manyara. Nestling at the base of the Great Rift Valley escarpment, the park is recognized for its incredible beauty. You can see many game animals such as Buffalo, Elephant, Giraffe, Impala, hippo and others. Overnight at a lodge at Lake Manyara. All meals included
Early morning game drive in the Lake Manyara, then drive back to Arusha. Overnight in the Moivaro Coffee Lodge. All meals included.
Flight from Arusha airport to Zanzibar in the morning. On arrival on Zanzibar we will bring you to the Matemwe Beach Village or the Hakuna Majiwe Lodge or upgradeable to 5 Star Hotel. Enroute we will do the Spice Tour. Overnight at the beach hotel of your choice. Breakfast and dinner.
Relax and enjoy the beaches of Zanzibar. There is a wide range of water sport activities you can do, like snorkeling, scuba diving, boat trips and more. Breakfast and dinner.
Please see end of tour here:
- Extras -
- This tour we can arrange any time of the year, as we only do private, personalised Safaris! Only April and May is raining season, then it is not advisable
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Arusha
- Serengeti Balloon Safaris - from 495 USD
- Arusha Cultural Tours - from 20 USD
- Arusha Geneva Of Africa - from 20 USD
- Kenya and Tanzania Wildlife Trail and Climbing Oldonyo Lengai... - 11 days from 3380 USD
- Luxury Camping and Cultural Safari 7 Days 6 Nights - 7 days from 2065 USD
- Amazing Mount Meru Climbing 5 Days - 5 days from 645 USD
- Lions Tour to Serengeti and Other Parks Northern Circuit - 6 days from 1255 USD
- 5 Days Tanzania Camping Safari - 5 days from 935 USD
- Camping Adventures In Tanzania - 9 days from 0
- Babu Tour And Safari - 11 days from 3550 USD
- Tanzania photographic tours and safaris - 14 days from 4490 USD
- Climbing Kilimanjaro - 7 days from 1120 USD
- Manyara Ngorongoro Serengeti - 6 days from 2775 USD
- 7 Days Manyara Serengeti Ngorongoro - 7 days from 3140 USD
- 7 Days Manyara & Ngororngoro & Serengeti - 7 days from 3620 USD
- Kilimanjaro Marangu Route 6 Days - 6 days from 1495 USD
- Tanzania nature based wildlife safaris accommodations in... - 10 days from 3800 USD
- Best of Northern Circuit - 7 days from 1120 USD
- 7 Days Marangu Route - 5 days from 900 USD
- 14 Days Tanzania Expedition - 14 days from 3550 USD
- Serengeti and the Origin of Man Kind - 5 days from 1350 USD
- Kilimanjaro 05 Days Rongai Route Trek - 5 days from 1300 USD
- The Machame Mweka Trek 07 Days - 7 days from 1600 USD
- Kilimanjaro Shira Route 06 Days - 6 days from 1400 USD
- 5 Days Tanzania Safari - 5 days from 725 USD
- Vintage North Tanzania Safari - 6 days from 1522 USD
- Classic Northern Explorer - 8 days from 2023 USD
- Ngorongoro Crater and Simba Safari - 4 days from 934 USD
- Tailor Made Safaris To Serengeti - 4 days from 1500 USD
- Seven Days Bushmen Safari Tanzania - 7 days from 1800 USD
- Safaris - 7 days from 1.5 USD
- Ngorongoro Crater Tour - 5 days from 1500 USD
- Tanzania Wildlife Safari Holiday - 6 days from 2300 EUR
- Hunting Safari Tanzania Africa - 14 days from 21000 EUR
- Ngorongoro Crater Serengeti Lake Manyara - 6 days from 1120 EUR
- Touch of Nature and Culture - 8 days from 2750 USD
- Northern Circuit Parks - 10 days from 1000 USD
- Kilimanjaro Climbing - 6 days from 850 USD
- Climbing Kilimanjaro Tanzania - 7 days from 880 EUR
- Selous Game Reserve Wildlife Walking Safari 3 Days - 4 days from 365 USD
- Great Tour - 5 days from 930 USD
- The Great Serengeti Migration Trail - 10 days from 1700 USD
- 10 days Tanzania Adventure - 10 days from 1850 USD
- 14 Day Tanzania Exclusive Northern Circuit Classic Safari - 14 days from 6580 USD
- Mountain Trekking - 7 days from 1050 USD
- Serengeti Classic Camping Safari - 9 days from 1200 USD
- Great Migration Adventure - 8 days from 1400 USD
- Photographic Safaris - 8 days from 1500 USD
- Mount Kilimanjaro Adventure - 8 days from 1300 USD
- Mount Kilimanjaro Cycling - 7 days from 1400 USD
- Hadzabe Cultural Visits - 4 days from 500 USD
- Barbaig Cultural Visits - 4 days from 500 USD
- Chimpanzee Safaris - 5 days from 2600 USD
- Climbing mt Kilimanjaro Trip - 6 days from 900 USD
- Wildlife Safaris & Cultural Tours Tanzania - 8 days from 600 USD
- Marangu Route 5 days Mount Kilimanjaro with Rift Cross Safaris - 5 days from 920 USD
- Nature Ecotourism Safaris - 9 days from 800 USD
- Wildlife safari & game viewing tour Tanzania - 8 days from 2690 USD
- 22 days Best of East Africa wildlife and beach - 22 days from 4800 USD
- 8 Days 7 Nights Mt Meru Mountain Climbing Tour - 8 days from 1458 USD
- Kilimanjaro Roof of Africa - 8 days from 1350 USD
- Wildlife Adventure Safaris - 16 days from 980 USD
Email the tour operator - Safari Kilimanjaro Zanzibar
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.