Kenya and Tanzania Wildlife Trail and Climbing Oldonyo Lengai Private Safari 11 Days 10 Nights
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 3380 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 11 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/25/2010
This is an 11 days safari which starts from Nairobi and ends in Nairobi. You will be able to visit the New 7th wonder of the World; the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, Amboseli in Kenya and Ngorongoro Crater, Climb Oldonyo Lengai and visit Serengeti National reserve in Tanzania.You will stay in Hotels in towns and in tented camps and mid range lodges at the various game sanctuaries visited. You will travel in a private Mtour minibus in kenya and a 4x4 private tour vehicle in tanzania together with your driver/guide.
Arrival - Nairobi - Maasai Mara;
Upon your arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport you will be met by our tour manager who will brief you on your safari and thereafter you will start your safari immediately. Drive south through the Great Rift Valley and into the world famous Maasai Mara Game Reserve. Lunch at the Camp followed by an afternoon game drive in this spectacular wildlife theatre.
Dinner and overnight at Mara leisure camp / Fig tree Camp.
After breakfast enjoy the sunrise over the open grassland which signals the start of a full day on the game-filled plains; photograph the stately black maned Lion, Cheetah, or Leopard, stocking defenseless herds of Wildebeest and other herbivores.Visit an Enkang; A Masai Village in the afternoon.
The Masai Mara is famous for it's black maned lions, elephants and buffalo that make three out of the 'big five' though luck is essential for spotting the other two namely park's animal concentration and abundance is second to none. We will cater for a picnic lunch at the hippo pool where with luck you may spot crocodiles basking on the rocks. Numerous plains game including antelopes, wildebeest, zebra, and Maasai giraffe can be seen as well as scavengers like hyena and vulture. In the late afternoon (at an extra cost), go for optional activities like having a nature walk, visiting Maasai villages to see the nomadic lifestyle or swimming in the nearby lodges.
Dinner and overnight at Mara leisure camp / Fig tree Camp.
Maasai Mara - Nairobi - Amboseli;
After breakfast depart Maasai Mara for Amboseli National Park as you enjoy your last game drive in the Park. You will arrive in Nairobi for lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant before you proceed to Amboseli arriving in time for Check in and an afternoom game drive into the park till dusk.
Amboseli National Park sits on the lower slopes of mighty Mount Kilimanjaro Africa's highest mountain whose peak lies across the boarder in Tanzania. It is quite an experience to see Kilimanjaro hovering above the clouds in an early morning. The animal pictures arising against the dramatic backdrop of the mountain will thrill the photography enthusiast. Amboseli national park is renowned for its huge elephant herds. You will also see buffalo, black rhino's zebras, wildebeest and other plain animals.
Dinner and Overnight at Kibo Safari Camp / Amboseli Sentrim Lodge.
Amboseli National Park.
Pre breakfast game view then breakfast. After breakfast proceed for more game viewing till lunch time. After lunch in the afternoon at 4.00pm proceed for the afternoon game viewing drive in the park and Visit an Enkang; A Masai Village in the afternoon.
Amboseli national Park embodies five main wildlife habitats (open plains, acacia woodland, rocky thorn bushes country, swamps and marshlands) and covers part of a Pleistocene lake basin, now dry. Within this basin is a temporary lake, Lake Amboseli, that floods during years of heavy rainfall. Amboseli is famous for its big game and its great scenic beauty -and the landscape is dominated by the towering Mount Kilimanjaro.
Dinner and Overnight at Kibo Safari Camp / Amboseli Sentrim Lodge.
Amboseli - Arusha - Ngorongoro Conservation Area
After breakfast, you will drive Namanga Border and then transfer into a shuttle bus at Namanga Border to Arusha for Lunch. After lunch, you will be picked by our tour guide in a 4x4 tour vehicle and then proceed to Ngorongoro Conservation Area in Tanzania arriving in time for check in at your tented camp located on the crater rim. After check in, if time allows, visit an authentic Maasai village (the enkang) in Ngorongoro area.
Ngorongoro crater supports up to 25,000 large mammals. Grazers dominate, for example, the zebras, wildebeest (accounting for almost half the animals), gazelles, buffaloes, elands, hartebeests and wart hogs. There are examples of some grazers and browsers that they find this environment not suitable such as Giraffes, for example, they stay away because there is insufficient food at tree level; topi because they compete directly with wildebeest. Another interesting characteristic of this conservancy is that almost all of the populations of crater elephants are bulls. Breeding herds - comprising large numbers of females and their young with a few attendant older males - are probably unable to find sufficient quality food in the crater. Ngorongoro has carnivores in quantity, drawn by the large herds of prey. It has probably the densest population of large predators, mainly lions about 100 and more and 400 spotted hyenas, living in eight clans of up to eighty individuals. Both lions and hyenas will scavenge from each other, depending on weight of numbers and lack of enough food
Dinner & overnight stay at Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge or Tented Camp.
Ngorongoro Crater - Lake Natron - Waterfall - Oldonyo Lengai
(Trekking the Oldonyo Lengai ; holy mountain in three days)
After breakfast,carry a picnic lunch and depart for the Ngorongoro Crater floor for the half day visit due to Ecosystem conservation rules here. After Lunch, drive from The Crater to Lake Natron. Walking to the waterfall and swimming in the water of the waterfall just at the foot of the Rift Valley. African people themselves take a bath in the salty water because they believe to be relieved from their sins. Back to the Camp for Dinner. Relax for a few hours till midnight.
Oldoinyo Lengai is a volcano in the Eastern Rift Valley, North Tanzania. Its name means 'Mountain of God' in the language of the Maasai people who inhabit this area. Oldoinyo Lengai is of particular interest to geologists because it is the world's only active volcano that erupts natrocarbonatite lava. It is also the only active volcano in this part of the East African Rift Valley, though there are many older extinct volcanoes in this region. Oldoinyo Lengai rises about 2000 metres above the Rift Valley floor to a height of approximately 2886 metres.
At midnight you will be woken up by our professional guide ready to attempt the active volcanic cone of Oldonyo Lengai, 'Mountain of God' in Maasai.
From the top of Mt. Oldonyo Lengai we descend to the starting point. Here our 4WD car will be awaiting you for your transfer back to the Camp. Hot lunch. An option for you is to go to the waterfalls, in case you want to relax you stay in the Camp . Dinner and overnight.
We will have hiked about 5 hours and reached a height of 3570m by the end of the day.
Sunrise walking to Lake Natron. Thousands of colouful flamingoes and other aquatic birds can be viewed. Back to the Camp for hot lunch.
After lunch, drive to Serengeti National Reserve via Olduvai Gorge. After a visit of Olduvai Gorge continue driving north game viewing en route to your tented camp / Lodge situated in the Nyarboro Hills in the south west of the Serengeti National Park.
The Olduvai Gorge is the site of Dr. and Mrs. Leakey's discovery of Zinjanthropus bosei. The Gorge was discovered accidentally by a German butterfly collector, Professor Kattwinkle, in 1911, but it was not until 1959 that Dr. Mary Leakey unearthed the Zinjanthropus skull believed to be 1.8 million years old.
Dinner and overnight stay at Seronera Wildlife Lodge or a tented Camp.
Serengeti National Reserve
After breakfast enjoy the magnificent views across the Serengeti plains and explore the area in your vehicle while driving south, arrive in time for lunch at Ndutu lodge.
The Serengeti National Park is a continuation of the Maasai Mara game reserve in Kenya. It is one of Tanzanian's largest and most famous national parks covering an area of 14,763sq.km the greatest spectacle of annual wildlife migration in the world happens in the two adjoining parks as about a million Wildebeest cross north and south looking for greener pasture. The Serengeti also boasts of its lions and Cheetahs whereas zebras number about 200,000 other animals include giraffes grant and Thomson's gazelle Impalas, elands, warthogs and klipspringers. It is also rich with bird life.
Dinner and overnight at Seronera Wildlife Lodge or a tented Camp.
Serengeti National Park - Arusha - Nairobi - Departure
At 6.00am after early breakfast depart for Arusha town arriving in time for lunch at Impala Hotel. After lunch, using a 2.00pm shuttle bus, depart for Nairobi's Jomo International Airport arriving in time for your evening departure flight to your next destination.
End of safari.
- Inclusions -
- All Park entrance fee -Airport transfers - Full board accommodation while on safari; 3 Meal plan. - Service of an English speaking driver guide - Transport based in a tour Minibus in kenya and a 4x4 tour vehicle in Tanzania with pop up roof for game viewing - Driver allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes.
- Exclusions -
- Hot air Balloon flight in Maasai Mara US$ 450, Serengeti - US$ 499 per person extra - Extras at the lodges / camps i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc. - International flight Fares - Visa fees of US$ 100 into and out of Tanzania @ US$ 50. - Departure tax - Tips to porters and drivers.
- Extras -
- Optional(On one of the days)
Take the opportunity to fly over the Mara in a Hot air Balloon provided at an extra cost. The balloon package includes a champagne breakfast in the wild! If you can spare the money, viewing abundant game afloat a balloon is an unforgettable experience.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Arusha
- Serengeti Balloon Safaris - from 495 USD
- Arusha Cultural Tours - from 20 USD
- Arusha Geneva Of Africa - from 20 USD
- Luxury Camping and Cultural Safari 7 Days 6 Nights - 7 days from 2065 USD
- Amazing Mount Meru Climbing 5 Days - 5 days from 645 USD
- Lions Tour to Serengeti and Other Parks Northern Circuit - 6 days from 1255 USD
- 5 Days Tanzania Camping Safari - 5 days from 935 USD
- Camping Adventures In Tanzania - 9 days from 0
- Babu Tour And Safari - 11 days from 3550 USD
- Tanzania photographic tours and safaris - 14 days from 4490 USD
- Climbing Kilimanjaro - 7 days from 1120 USD
- Manyara Ngorongoro Serengeti - 6 days from 2775 USD
- 7 Days Manyara Serengeti Ngorongoro - 7 days from 3140 USD
- 7 Days Manyara & Ngororngoro & Serengeti - 7 days from 3620 USD
- Kilimanjaro Marangu Route 6 Days - 6 days from 1495 USD
- Tanzania nature based wildlife safaris accommodations in... - 10 days from 3800 USD
- Best of Northern Circuit - 7 days from 1120 USD
- 7 Days Marangu Route - 5 days from 900 USD
- 14 Days Tanzania Expedition - 14 days from 3550 USD
- Serengeti and the Origin of Man Kind - 5 days from 1350 USD
- Kilimanjaro 05 Days Rongai Route Trek - 5 days from 1300 USD
- The Machame Mweka Trek 07 Days - 7 days from 1600 USD
- Kilimanjaro Shira Route 06 Days - 6 days from 1400 USD
- 5 Days Tanzania Safari - 5 days from 725 USD
- Vintage North Tanzania Safari - 6 days from 1522 USD
- Classic Northern Explorer - 8 days from 2023 USD
- Ngorongoro Crater and Simba Safari - 4 days from 934 USD
- Tailor Made Safaris To Serengeti - 4 days from 1500 USD
- Seven Days Bushmen Safari Tanzania - 7 days from 1800 USD
- Safaris - 7 days from 1.5 USD
- Ngorongoro Crater Tour - 5 days from 1500 USD
- Tanzania Wildlife Safari Holiday - 6 days from 2300 EUR
- Hunting Safari Tanzania Africa - 14 days from 21000 EUR
- Ngorongoro Crater Serengeti Lake Manyara - 6 days from 1120 EUR
- Touch of Nature and Culture - 8 days from 2750 USD
- Northern Circuit Parks - 10 days from 1000 USD
- Kilimanjaro Climbing - 6 days from 850 USD
- Climbing Kilimanjaro Tanzania - 7 days from 880 EUR
- Selous Game Reserve Wildlife Walking Safari 3 Days - 4 days from 365 USD
- Great Tour - 5 days from 930 USD
- The Great Serengeti Migration Trail - 10 days from 1700 USD
- 10 days Tanzania Adventure - 10 days from 1850 USD
- 14 Day Tanzania Exclusive Northern Circuit Classic Safari - 14 days from 6580 USD
- Mountain Trekking - 7 days from 1050 USD
- Serengeti Classic Camping Safari - 9 days from 1200 USD
- Great Migration Adventure - 8 days from 1400 USD
- Photographic Safaris - 8 days from 1500 USD
- Mount Kilimanjaro Adventure - 8 days from 1300 USD
- Mount Kilimanjaro Cycling - 7 days from 1400 USD
- Hadzabe Cultural Visits - 4 days from 500 USD
- Barbaig Cultural Visits - 4 days from 500 USD
- Chimpanzee Safaris - 5 days from 2600 USD
- Climbing mt Kilimanjaro Trip - 6 days from 900 USD
- Wildlife Safaris & Cultural Tours Tanzania - 8 days from 600 USD
- Marangu Route 5 days Mount Kilimanjaro with Rift Cross Safaris - 5 days from 920 USD
- Nature Ecotourism Safaris - 9 days from 800 USD
- Wildlife safari & game viewing tour Tanzania - 8 days from 2690 USD
- 22 days Best of East Africa wildlife and beach - 22 days from 4800 USD
- 8 Days 7 Nights Mt Meru Mountain Climbing Tour - 8 days from 1458 USD
- Kilimanjaro Roof of Africa - 8 days from 1350 USD
- Wildlife Adventure Safaris - 16 days from 980 USD
- Safari Kilimanjaro Zanzibar - 15 days from 3.3 USD
Email the tour operator - Kenya and Tanzania Wildlife Trail and Climbing Oldonyo Lengai Private Safari 11 Days 10 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.