Vintage North Tanzania Safari
- Price from:
- 1522 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 02.00 pm
- End time:
- 08.00 am
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/23/2008
Discover Tanzania's famous parks. Start at Ngorongoro Crater, then visit Serengeti that hosts over 3 million large mammals. Finally visit Lake Manyara, famous for its tree climbing lions.
ARUSHA / NGORONGORO
Lunch will be served at Impala Hotel, Arusha, at 1230 hrs. Later depart for Ngorongoro Conservation Area at 1400 hrs. You arrive in time for dinner at the lodge. The lodge sits on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater from where you get awesome views of the collapsed volcano.
Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge
After breakfast you depart for a day crater tour with picnic lunch. The drive commences with the 600 m descent to the crater floor, a magnificent natural amphitheatre. Covering 260 sq. km, the crater is an attraction in its own right and is one of the wonders of the natural world. The crater supports a year round resident population of a variety of wildlife. You will have no trouble spotting lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and many species of plain animals- wildebeest, zebra, reedbuck, Thompson gazelle and many more. Return to the lodge for lunch. Afternoon for your relaxation at the lodge.
Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge
After breakfast, depart for Serengeti National Park passing via Olduvai Gorge. Olduvai Gorge is the prehistoric site where Dr. Louis Leakey discovered the remains of Homo habilis (Handy man) regarded as mankind's first step on the path of human evolution. You arrive in time for lunch at 1200 hrs at your lodge.
1500 hrs- you go for an evening game drive in the park. The Serengeti is probably the most famous wildlife sanctuary in the world. Within its 15,000 sq km area it hosts 3 million large mammals. More than 35 species of plain animals- zebra, wildebeest, eland, giraffe, and others are found here. And so for the big five: elephant, lion, buffalo, leopard and rhino. The park is the staging zone for one the most spectacular events in the natural world- the annual migration of wildebeest. This commences around June when over 1 million wildebeest, zebra and gazelle head for the Maasai Mara in Kenya in search of pasture. They are followed closely by the predators of the savanna- lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures. The Serengeti also has over 500 species of birds.
Dinner and overnight at Serengeti Sopa Lodge
You dedicate this day to Serengeti and take a morning and an afternoon game drive.
Meals and overnight at Serengeti Sopa Lodge
After breakfast, depart for Lake Manyara National Park to arrive in time for lunch at your lodge. 1500 hrs- you go for an evening game drive in Lake Manyara National Park. The park covers 330 sq. km, 70% of which is occupied by the lake. The varied ecosystem consists of ground water forests, acacia woodland and open grassland along the lakeshore and sustains a wealth of wildlife, including the Big Five -lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo. The park is famous for the elusive tree-climbing lions that inhabit the woodland between the lake and the Rift Valley. It is also an ornithologists' paradise and is host to over 400 species of birds.
You will spend the night at Kirurumu Tented Lodge. The lodge is perched on the edge of the Mto Wa Mbu escarpment and has great views of the Great Rift Valley and Lake Manyara itself.
Dinner and overnight at Lake Kirurumu Tented Lodge
LAKE MANYARA - ARUSHA
0800 hrs- Drive to Arusha to arrive for lunch at Impala Hotel at 1200 hrs.
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a 4WD Vehicle with pop up roof for game viewing
- Exclusions -
- Extras at the lodges i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Extras -
- When arranging for your international air tickets, note that it is usually cheaper to disembark at Nairobi in Kenya. You then take a shuttle bus to Arusha at a cost of US$ 20. This shuttle bus leaves at 0800 and 1400 hrs daily from either Nairobi or Arusha. The drive takes 5 hours inclusive of time taken to go through the Immigration at Namanga border. If you wish to make use of this option, please indicate so.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Arusha
- Serengeti Balloon Safaris - from 495 USD
- Arusha Cultural Tours - from 20 USD
- Arusha Geneva Of Africa - from 20 USD
- Kenya and Tanzania Wildlife Trail and Climbing Oldonyo Lengai... - 11 days from 3380 USD
- Luxury Camping and Cultural Safari 7 Days 6 Nights - 7 days from 2065 USD
- Amazing Mount Meru Climbing 5 Days - 5 days from 645 USD
- Lions Tour to Serengeti and Other Parks Northern Circuit - 6 days from 1255 USD
- 5 Days Tanzania Camping Safari - 5 days from 935 USD
- Camping Adventures In Tanzania - 9 days from 0
- Babu Tour And Safari - 11 days from 3550 USD
- Tanzania photographic tours and safaris - 14 days from 4490 USD
- Climbing Kilimanjaro - 7 days from 1120 USD
- Manyara Ngorongoro Serengeti - 6 days from 2775 USD
- 7 Days Manyara Serengeti Ngorongoro - 7 days from 3140 USD
- 7 Days Manyara & Ngororngoro & Serengeti - 7 days from 3620 USD
- Kilimanjaro Marangu Route 6 Days - 6 days from 1495 USD
- Tanzania nature based wildlife safaris accommodations in... - 10 days from 3800 USD
- Best of Northern Circuit - 7 days from 1120 USD
- 7 Days Marangu Route - 5 days from 900 USD
- 14 Days Tanzania Expedition - 14 days from 3550 USD
- Serengeti and the Origin of Man Kind - 5 days from 1350 USD
- Kilimanjaro 05 Days Rongai Route Trek - 5 days from 1300 USD
- The Machame Mweka Trek 07 Days - 7 days from 1600 USD
- Kilimanjaro Shira Route 06 Days - 6 days from 1400 USD
- 5 Days Tanzania Safari - 5 days from 725 USD
- Classic Northern Explorer - 8 days from 2023 USD
- Ngorongoro Crater and Simba Safari - 4 days from 934 USD
- Tailor Made Safaris To Serengeti - 4 days from 1500 USD
- Seven Days Bushmen Safari Tanzania - 7 days from 1800 USD
- Safaris - 7 days from 1.5 USD
- Ngorongoro Crater Tour - 5 days from 1500 USD
- Tanzania Wildlife Safari Holiday - 6 days from 2300 EUR
- Hunting Safari Tanzania Africa - 14 days from 21000 EUR
- Ngorongoro Crater Serengeti Lake Manyara - 6 days from 1120 EUR
- Touch of Nature and Culture - 8 days from 2750 USD
- Northern Circuit Parks - 10 days from 1000 USD
- Kilimanjaro Climbing - 6 days from 850 USD
- Climbing Kilimanjaro Tanzania - 7 days from 880 EUR
- Selous Game Reserve Wildlife Walking Safari 3 Days - 4 days from 365 USD
- Great Tour - 5 days from 930 USD
- The Great Serengeti Migration Trail - 10 days from 1700 USD
- 10 days Tanzania Adventure - 10 days from 1850 USD
- 14 Day Tanzania Exclusive Northern Circuit Classic Safari - 14 days from 6580 USD
- Mountain Trekking - 7 days from 1050 USD
- Serengeti Classic Camping Safari - 9 days from 1200 USD
- Great Migration Adventure - 8 days from 1400 USD
- Photographic Safaris - 8 days from 1500 USD
- Mount Kilimanjaro Adventure - 8 days from 1300 USD
- Mount Kilimanjaro Cycling - 7 days from 1400 USD
- Hadzabe Cultural Visits - 4 days from 500 USD
- Barbaig Cultural Visits - 4 days from 500 USD
- Chimpanzee Safaris - 5 days from 2600 USD
- Climbing mt Kilimanjaro Trip - 6 days from 900 USD
- Wildlife Safaris & Cultural Tours Tanzania - 8 days from 600 USD
- Marangu Route 5 days Mount Kilimanjaro with Rift Cross Safaris - 5 days from 920 USD
- Nature Ecotourism Safaris - 9 days from 800 USD
- Wildlife safari & game viewing tour Tanzania - 8 days from 2690 USD
- 22 days Best of East Africa wildlife and beach - 22 days from 4800 USD
- 8 Days 7 Nights Mt Meru Mountain Climbing Tour - 8 days from 1458 USD
- Kilimanjaro Roof of Africa - 8 days from 1350 USD
- Wildlife Adventure Safaris - 16 days from 980 USD
- Safari Kilimanjaro Zanzibar - 15 days from 3.3 USD
Email the tour operator - Vintage North Tanzania Safari
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.